Logos 9.5 Beta 1 (9.5.0.0003)

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3898
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 20 2021 7:08 PM

To change Logos 9 to the beta channel, enter the command Set update channel to beta in the Go Box. (Please see beta warnings and risks.)

To immediately update Logos 9 (if it is already set to beta channel), enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes

Mac

Windows

Posts 1633
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2021 8:00 PM

Wow, what a great beta release, thank you!

A few comments / questions:

• Bible Search -- Preferred Bible section for cross-reference searches is hidden when input reference does not have a chapter -- where/how do we see this implemented?
  • Counseling Guide -- Added a “Web Resources” Guide Section -- super useful, thank you!!
  • My Library -- Added a Factbook facet to the Yours Tab -- this is useful, but can it be collapsed by default? (how come there's no right-click "Collapse All" option?)
  • My Library -- Added Factbook info to the Yours and Store Tab Info pane -- where do I find it? I looked through the Info pane and can't see Factbook info.
Posts 1270
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2021 9:45 PM

My Library

• Added a Factbook facet to the Yours Tab.

Great feature. Many thanks.

My only problem with this update is that I lost most of my dashboard cards on the Home screen. It also does not seem to work to get the dashboard card of the Mobile Ed course back into the Home screen.

Posts 1730
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 2:17 AM

The link set (A, B, C e etc.) seems to work within one window only in the  screen. Is it a bug or a feature?

In my  passage study layout only the left top window has the bible reference I defined when diving into the passage study.

Replacing the passage in a the slot for bible reference requires deleting the old reference, it does not overwrite when highlighted/selected.

I just started to use this update, but generally it seems to work fine and the new features are ok.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 11

Posts 25769
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 2:30 AM

Veli Voipio:
The link set (A, B, C e etc.) seems to work within one window only in the  screen. Is it a bug or a feature?

I don't understand what you mean here.

In the screenshot below I have two floating windows and link set functionality works correctly betweem then - please clarify

Veli Voipio:
Replacing the passage in a the slot for bible reference requires deleting the old reference, it does not overwrite when highlighted/selected.

When I select a reference I can overwrite it - are you seeing this on Windows or Mac?

Posts 1270
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 2:31 AM

Armin:

My only problem with this update is that I lost most of my dashboard cards on the Home screen. It also does not seem to work to get the dashboard card of the Mobile Ed course back into the Home screen.

Just to clarify: This is on a Mac.

Posts 1730
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 3:28 AM

Graham Criddle:

Veli Voipio:

I don't understand what you mean here.

Well, I meant the window panel within a window, I just did not use/recall the right terminology, sorry for that.

I had John 3 in the command box, and selected the passage study layout. (I have modified the default layout)

Then I saw the correct Bible reference in the left panel but the two other panels had the wrong reference, from the previous session.

Then I changed the reference in the low right panel and the first effort did not succeed - after selecting the reference I could not overwrite it but I had to delete the reference and then it got the correct reference. The incorrect/unsynced reference is on the right top panel.

Here is the screenshot. 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 11

Posts 25769
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 3:44 AM

Veli Voipio:
The incorrect/unsynced reference is on the right top panel.

I see that is in the LXX so it won't sync to any change purely in the New Testament. Do the full Bibles in that panel sync correctly?

Posts 611
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 4:57 AM

Being able to edit Scripture passages (and thereby slides) in the Sermon Builder is a much desired and much welcome feature - thank you!

Posts 1730
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 5:20 AM

Graham Criddle:

Veli Voipio:
The incorrect/unsynced reference is on the right top panel.

I see that is in the LXX so it won't sync to any change purely in the New Testament. Do the full Bibles in that panel sync correctly?

Yes, that's the problem.

I have LDHB and LDGNT chained but it has the same problem when opening the passage study layout.

Thus I have to save the passage study layout so that it opens a full Bible or a full Bible one volume commentary as first tab in each panel. So it is not a Logos 9.5 beta problem, just happened to show up just this time after update Embarrassed

Thanks Graham!

Posts 317
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 6:37 AM

Thanks for the update!

Clicking on the button for faceted browsing doesn't produce anything for me on Mac Big Sur.

Hans

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-21 Om 15.22.32

Posts 362
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 6:52 AM

I lost all my dashboard cards accept the prayer list. So I guess that's a good thing to leave. In the library under type is now the Factbook but subjects has been removed completely.

Posts 831
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 7:04 AM

So very happy for the removal of blurriness from the workflows! Thank you

Armin:

Armin:

Just to clarify: This is on a Mac.

This has happened to me also on Windows - They are not in the list to re-add. When I refresh the page, it looks like the correct number of cards is showing as blank cards during that stage of the refresh, but they then disappear leaving just the lectionary, devotional and prayerlist.

Hopefully not the solution for "Fixed a bug that required multiple clicks to open Home Page Cards on High DPI monitors." Stick out tongue

Posts 12492
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 7:15 AM

Matt Hamrick:
I lost all my dashboard cards accept the prayer list.

I lost some of them (except one PB lectionary and three Daily Devotionals, one of which is a PB). My custom Reading Plan - which is shared with a group and as a document is still there in Logos, as well as showing on Faithlife.com and as a Dashboard card on the Verbum 9.4 stable home page - is gone and can't be re-added through the plus button.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 3033
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 7:29 AM

PL:
Bible Search -- Preferred Bible section for cross-reference searches is hidden when input reference does not have a chapter -- where/how do we see this implemented?

This just means that if you run a search for 1 Peter the Preferred Bible section will not show up in a Bible search like it does if you search for 1 Peter 1

PL:
My Library -- Added a Factbook facet to the Yours Tab -- this is useful, but can it be collapsed by default?

If you collapse the facet, it should remember that and still be collapsed when you open the panel again. Is this not working for you?

PL:
My Library -- Added Factbook info to the Yours and Store Tab Info pane

Select one of the Factbook facets. Then select one of the resources and make sure the information side panel is open. A link to Factbook will show up just below the book description.

There isn't yet a Factbook facet in the Store tab, but books with the Factbook link will show them just like in the Yours tab.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 1633
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 7:46 AM

Thanks for your replies, Andrew!

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
If you collapse the facet, it should remember that and still be collapsed when you open the panel again. Is this not working for you?

Yes, that works, thanks. Now we just need the Subject facets restored (already mentioned in another thread).

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
Select one of the Factbook facets. Then select one of the resources and make sure the information side panel is open. A link to Factbook will show up just below the book description.

I see. I think that could be useful, although I'll have to remember the steps in order to use this feature.

Thanks for a very rich release overall!

PL

Posts 3898
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 9:59 AM

Hans van den Herik:

Thanks for the update!

Clicking on the button for faceted browsing doesn't produce anything for me on Mac Big Sur.

Hans

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-21 Om 15.22.32

Did you close the Facet area by mistake? You might need to drag it open.

Posts 317
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 10:06 AM

How can I drag It open? Clicking on that button produces nothing. 

Posts 1968
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 11:15 AM

Hans van den Herik:

How can I drag It open? Clicking on that button produces nothing. 

Hover your cursor over the left edge of the library drop-down until it turns into a line with a right-pointing arrow. Then drag.

Posts 317
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 21 2021 11:41 AM

That worked! Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS