Resource No Longer in Library means I cannot access it or get a preview in Store within Logos

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 36
Roger Pitot | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 23 2021 4:20 AM

I guess the subject says it all.

When I enter a title in my library that was part of a collection I previously returned for a refund, but I now want to reconsider buying the resource, and go to the store tab there is no way to get the price or a preview.

Surely Logos would want to give me every opportunity to buy a resource, so why can't I get to it without having to go on their web page and retype the title and search for it again?

Or is there a way to eliminate these titles from some cache that must exist?

Thanks

Posts 25329
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2021 4:38 AM

Not all the resources shown on Logos.com are visible in the Store view in the app - as per https://community.logos.com/forums/p/198657/1151644.aspx#1151644 

This might be the reason for them not being visible and not related to the fact you have previously had them and returned them

Posts 36
Roger Pitot | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2021 4:54 AM

Thanks Graham, but the title does appear with the aforementioned notation, and I've tested it and it seems all the books I had and returned show up the same way.

Posts 36
Roger Pitot | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2021 6:04 AM

This is an example of what I mean.

Posts 29887
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2021 6:14 AM

Roger Pitot:
why can't I get to it without having to go on their web page and retype the title and search for it again?

It is interesting that you ask this... there are a number of users who feel the opposite: They don't want advertising in their bible software program. FWIW - I am in the middle on this topic. As long as it isn't obtrusive, I am ok with it. 

Roger Pitot:
When I enter a title in my library that was part of a collection I previously returned for a refund, but I now want to reconsider buying the resource, and go to the store tab there is no way to get the price or a preview.

Well, this situation isn't one which is too common... Logos does allow users to return items, but typically people aren't buying, returning, and buying again. It is more common to see this when an item was a temporary one (such as in the preview resources with Faithlife Connect). 

Roger Pitot:
Or is there a way to eliminate these titles from some cache that must exist?

There is a command to delete resources for which you dont have a license, but I don't remember it right now. If I can find it, I will post back.

FWIW - I believe the resource you are inquiring about is in this package: https://www.logos.com/product/195473/logos-9-messianic-jewish-bronze Have you checked? If so, it is on sale now. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2811
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2021 7:31 AM

Roger, thanks for the report. This is indeed a bug in how the application is handling returned resources. I've created a case to get this fixed, but I don't know how long it might be until this is actually resolved.

In the meantime, this can probably be cleaned up by deleting a file on your computer. If you can post a log file, I can identify which file needs to be deleted.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 29887
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2021 7:59 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
This is indeed a bug in how the application is handling returned resources.

Is it supposed to provide a link to the store? I think I saw that at one point. 

Posts 2811
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2021 9:00 AM

JT (alabama24):

Is it supposed to provide a link to the store? I think I saw that at one point. 

It should have purchase options, plus a preview of the resource:

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 29887
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2021 9:08 AM

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS