Please transfer WordSearch KJV to Logos Bible Software Library

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 94
John W Gillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 30 2021 1:58 PM

Jerry Rockwell:
At first glimps is seems that Logos is "anti" KJV.

Really?? Since the delivery of the Wordsearch KJV last week, I now have seven complete stand-alone KJV texts in my Logos library, two of which are available with full reverse interlinears embedded. Three others are tagged with Strong's numbers, and two of those (all but the WS KJV) also contain some kind of grammatical tagging. The WS Edition KJV appears to have been produced because former WS users were complaining that their originally mapped Logos KJV lacked the non-Biblical text from the CROSS edition!

Toggling paragraph mode on and off takes two (or three) clicks in Logos instead of one, because Logos has so many user-controlled resource display options they need to put them in a menu.

Admittedly, some KJV-oriented resources are not particularly well formatted in Logos and are comparatively hard to use (e.g. AMG's Complete Word Study Bible; POSB), but these have been around for years, and it doesn't seem like there's been much demand to improve them. Nonetheless, I think suggesting that Logos might be "anti" KJV seems a bit over the top.

Posts 11
Jerry Rockwell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2021 5:50 AM

Thank you for your reply. The big question is how do I access these with my Logos9?

Posts 11
Jerry Rockwell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2021 5:55 AM

When I open my Logos 9, there are only three KJV editions available. KJV w/Apocrypha, KJV 1900 and KJV (WS). The KJV (WS) does not have reverse interlinear. The KJV 1900 has reverse interlinear but it is formatted like the New Translations. Check Judges 5 for instance. The verses are shorter and they are laid out in a format not like the KJV is laid out. Can you explain to me why they did this? I am not being coy either. I am serious and have studied from the KJV for over 50 years and did not encounter this phenomenon until Logos came along. Thank you in advance for your help.

Posts 35829
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2021 7:00 AM

Jerry Rockwell:
The verses are shorter and they are laid out in a format not like the KJV is laid out.

I can't speak for the Wordstudy editions, but the Logos policy is to faithfully follow the format of the edition given in the bibliographic information. There is not KJV format, there is only the format of a particular edition from a particular publisher. If there is a discrepancy between the hard copy and the electronic copy it should be reported as an error. Remember, however, to check that you have not modified the format by your choice of filters.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19599
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2021 11:46 AM

Jerry Rockwell:
When I open my Logos 9, there are only three KJV editions available. KJV w/Apocrypha, KJV 1900 and KJV (WS). The KJV (WS) does not have reverse interlinear. The KJV 1900 has reverse interlinear but it is formatted like the New Translations. Check Judges 5 for instance. The verses are shorter and they are laid out in a format not like the KJV is laid out.

Screen shot(s) would help illustrate formatting differences. Logos Wiki has => Screenshot

My Logos Library has five KJV Bibles with three formatting variants in Judges 5 (screen shot also has 1894 English and 1901 American revisions).

Inverted screen shot image:

Screen shot shows 1873 Authorized Version and New Cambridge Paragraph Bible (NCPB) missing from KJV Bible "Equivalent resources"

Academic Blog article about NCPB => You’ve Probably Never Seen the Real King James Version

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS