NET Bible & Pre-Pubs

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 60
fr.paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 9 2021 3:38 PM

I was scrolling through the Pre-Pub's section looking for any news regarding NET Bible: Full Notes, 2nd ed.

Link is here: https://www.logos.com/product/189785/net-bible-full-notes-2nd-ed

And I found this:

So, how long we will have to wait for NET Bible: Full Notes, 2nd ed. and Ezekiel 38-48 AYB Commentary - not mentioning the other Pre-Pubs? WinkWinkWink

I’m not sure if I’ll be alive in 2076. In 2099 I would have 115 years... WinkWinkWinkWink and FL would publish the Logos 39 edition LOL Wink

Posts 9621
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2021 4:10 PM

fr.paul:
I’m not sure if I’ll be alive in 2076. In 2099 I would have 115 years... WinkWinkWinkWink and FL would publish the Logos 39 edition LOL 

Faithlife is doing some long-range planning. Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1939
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2021 6:01 PM

In the year 2525...

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 8333
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2021 7:19 PM

Well, you’ll know who you really are by then 😂😂😂

DAL

Posts 1939
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2021 4:30 AM

Indeed, but my real intent was to give the old folks in the forums an audio virus from the 60s.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 33
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2021 11:20 AM

hunh... I resemble that remark. Now the tune will bother me for hours and hours.... heheheh.... 😛

Posts 433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2021 2:57 PM

At least man's still alive ...

Posts 23
Steve. Kilgore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2021 1:16 PM

As with others, amazed at the length of time this is taking. I did notice that on the NET Bible site they do not list Logos as one of the platforms on which NET Bible is available (https://netbible.com/download/). Wondering if there has been a falling out between the Biblical Studies Foundation and Faithlife.

Posts 705
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2021 9:07 AM

fr.paul,

I have asked for the projected release dates to be corrected for Incredibly Normal as well as Triune Love.

Thank you for bringing these errors to our attention.

Posts 60
fr.paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2021 10:58 AM

Dear Joe McCune,

I'm glad to know that! I would be even happier if you may "correct" somehow the release date of the NET Bible, 2nd ed.
Considering that we have paid for this product it's a bit frustrating that it has not received the same priority as many other new books that FL has already published and is going to sale. Instead, we are still waiting... please don't get me wrong but just look into the Reviews section...

Please Friends, I'm absolutely not biasing anything here and I know that we have to be patient but "quousque tandem"?
Just to be clear, I absolutely Love Logos/Verbum platform!
So, my Dear Faithlife "quousque tandem"?

Posts 23
Steve. Kilgore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2021 9:22 AM

Per Logos Customer Support

At this time, the NET Bible 2nd edition is not showing our website for sale, even as a pre-pub order. While it is hard to predict what the future will hold, and we may sell the NET 2nd edition at a later time, we do not have it available now.

If you’d like to make a book suggestion to our team, we do have our book suggestion forum here: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-book-requests

Posts 1649
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2021 9:24 AM

Steve. Kilgore:

Per Logos Customer Support

At this time, the NET Bible 2nd edition is not showing our website for sale, even as a pre-pub order. While it is hard to predict what the future will hold, and we may sell the NET 2nd edition at a later time, we do not have it available now.

If you’d like to make a book suggestion to our team, we do have our book suggestion forum here: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-book-requests

This suggests it is still for sale:

https://www.logos.com/product/189785/net-bible-full-notes-2nd-ed

Posts 326
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2021 10:29 AM

fr.paul:

Dear Joe McCune,

I'm glad to know that! I would be even happier if you may "correct" somehow the release date of the NET Bible, 2nd ed.
Considering that we have paid for this product it's a bit frustrating that it has not received the same priority as many other new books that FL has already published and is going to sale. Instead, we are still waiting... please don't get me wrong but just look into the Reviews section...

Please Friends, I'm absolutely not biasing anything here and I know that we have to be patient but "quousque tandem"?
Just to be clear, I absolutely Love Logos/Verbum platform!
So, my Dear Faithlife "quousque tandem"?

Now you know the frustration of EEC we have long been complaining about.

Posts 33255
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2021 1:07 PM

In my lifetime I have subscribed to 3 series - none of which came close to meeting their original production dates. One after taking slightly more than twice as long to complete became on ongoing series with no end date. One discovered that one volume simply could not be produced ... insufficient data. One is still ongoing but not hitting the advertised publication dates.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 158
Steven Veach | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2021 4:02 PM

I'm not certain what it will/would be like in LOGOS but I know in TW5 it was a terrible update. Instead of two modules (bible/notes) it combined both bible and notes into one module which basically mean you could only use the NET notes if you were using the NET bible. I use the NET notes like a quick reference commentary alongside my NKJV. Couldn't do it with version 2. 

Also, it appears as if the NET 2 is a trimmed down version of 1. They removed entries. I'm sure they added some, but I am fine with keeping NET 1 notes just the way they are. I'll decide what to disregard. 

Posts 4697
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2021 6:13 AM

I would also like to jump on the bandwagon here and ask that the NET 2 at least have its date corrected or cancelled. I'm hoping for #1 as I do really like the NET

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS