Installation Partial Download Others Won't Download

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2864
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 14 2021 3:07 PM

I had to reinstall my copy of Logos 9 on my Windows laptop running the latest Windows 10.

I instructed installation to download everything. It went through a typical process and finished opening the program and eventually finished indexing.

Now, I have 2,207 books not downloaded (seen in Library with the "Not on this Device" filter enabled.

I let it run for a few hours and no progress. Attached are logs.3731.KevinPurcellLogs.zip

Posts 27028
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2021 3:38 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
Now, I have 2,207 books not downloaded (seen in Library with the "Not on this Device" filter enabled.

Select all the filtered resources, right-click one and select Download.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2864
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2021 3:41 PM

Yeah. That's not working. Should have said I already tried it. The little circles are turning as if they are downloading. 

Posts 2864
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2021 5:45 PM

I guess tech support is scaled way back. I just called because I really need to get this fixed so I can use my computer in the AM. That was a waste. I was told to make sure Download New Resources is on, User Internet is on and Automatically Start Downloads is on. Yep. Always has been. Next step is to leave it overnight and if that doesn't work call back tomorrow.

I asked What if that happens. What's next? Talk to tech support, which is what I thought I was talking to. But they aren't there anymore. I thought they used to be there till 9PM. I haven't called in probably over a decade so it could have changed a long time ago. But there used to be a little bug on the right side of the page saying they were available.

Interestingly I could have talked to a sales person. Not a good experience. Logos is just like every other big company.

Posts 33400
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2021 12:35 AM

Unfortunately your zipped file had nothing in it when I downloaded it ...so it is hard to guess what the problem is.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2864
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2021 6:54 AM

That's strange. Seemed like they were properly zipped. Here's a new set.5710.KevinPurcellLogosLogs.zip

Posts 2760
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2021 7:20 AM

I recommend deleting or renaming the following folders:

• C:\Users\kevin\AppData\Local\Logos\Data\0ftt5e1n.r2i\UpdateManager\
  • C:\Users\kevin\AppData\Local\Logos\Data\0ftt5e1n.r2i\CloudResourceManager\

These will get recreated when the application starts up again.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 2864
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2021 7:27 AM

That did something because now there's a blue circle that when clicked says, "Downloading XX of Updates". Could be a coincidence, but I hope not. Up to 23% on a slow connection.

Thanks for the tip!!

Posts 2864
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2021 7:56 AM

Nope. Installed all the "updates" but still shows the same 2,205 not on this device.

Posts 2760
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2021 8:12 AM

They may not have been automatically marked to download, so you may need to use Dave's suggestion to force them all to download. If that doesn't get things going, then repeat the process (delete the folders and explicitly request everything be downloaded), but upload the log files from that attempt.

Posts 2864
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2021 10:26 AM

Finally got everything installed? Indexing now.

Thanks for the help.

Posts 2864
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2021 5:28 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

I guess tech support is scaled way back. I just called because I really need to get this fixed so I can use my computer in the AM. That was a waste. I was told to make sure Download New Resources is on, User Internet is on and Automatically Start Downloads is on. Yep. Always has been. Next step is to leave it overnight and if that doesn't work call back tomorrow.

I asked What if that happens. What's next? Talk to tech support, which is what I thought I was talking to. But they aren't there anymore. I thought they used to be there till 9PM. I haven't called in probably over a decade so it could have changed a long time ago. But there used to be a little bug on the right side of the page saying they were available.

Interestingly I could have talked to a sales person. Not a good experience. Logos is just like every other big company.

I'm quoting myself here and responding to correct something here. Despite my frustration the night I wrote this, the next day support was very good. They called me up and since I was driving at the time scheduled a call for later in the day when I could talk. Faithlife personnel came here and answered my issue. Thanks Andrew.

Posts 2760
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2021 7:15 AM

You are welcome, Kevin. I'm happy to help. I'm sorry this installation experience wasn't smoother for you.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS