O RLY? (Email Homework)

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 39 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1397
Sean | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 25 2022 6:28 AM

(Sorry, took me a bit of trying to get the image up.) Faithlife, it is your responsibility to make your email service work.

Posts 1038
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 6:44 AM

You really think that telling us we have to click links in emails is sensible?  

Posts 1486
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 7:09 AM

An email like that, you half expect it to be from an @gmail.com domain…

WIN 11 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 9172
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 7:12 AM

I haven’t received that email 📧 

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 8:33 AM

Anybody from LOGOS verifying this?

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 747
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 8:34 AM

I also received this email. That looks as close to a phishing scam as I've seen. Anybody that says "click any links in our emails" is suspicious.

Posts 57
LogosEmployee
Mark Barnes (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 8:43 AM

Can you forward the email to me as an attachment, and I'll take a look?

My email address is firstname.lastname@faithlife.com

Thanks.

Posts 5195
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 9:04 AM

I also got this email. It came from: communications@faithlifemail.com 

Is it spam/phishing?

Oddly it asks for you to add: communications@faithlife.net to your email contacts which doesn't match the above.

Posts 9172
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 9:36 AM

JH:

I also received this email. That looks as close to a phishing scam as I've seen. Anybody that says "click any links in our emails" is suspicious.

I just received it! Cyber security 101 violation! Don’t click on links even if they come from people you seem to know.  We already get free tips and tricks, why click on links to receive those? Why do we need to help you build your reputation with this new email platform? What does that even mean?

DAL

Posts 2932
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 10:32 AM

Clumsy communication, but it does make sense.

DAL:
Why do we need to help you build your reputation with this new email platform?

Because we want to continue receiving email offers (such as the birthday code). From my experience, email providers generally consider everyone who sends more than about 1,000 messages per day to their network as spam. Starting with just a few messages from the new sender actually seems like a really good strategy.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 2932
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 10:33 AM

Mattillo:

Oddly it asks for you to add: communications@faithlife.net to your email contacts which doesn't match the above.

That's the whole point of it. It's a new sender.

Posts 1913
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 10:34 AM

The "faithlifemail.com" address makes me think it's a phishing email. I've forwarded mine to Mark.

Posts 9172
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 11:36 AM

Jan Krohn:

Mattillo:

Then why is Mark Barnes asking for the email to be sent to him? Shouldn’t he just tell us, “oh yeah guys don’t worry it’s safe we’re doing this new thing.”

DAL

Posts 5195
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 11:58 AM

Jan Krohn:

Mattillo:

I see what you are saying. I just thought it was odd it came from faithlifeMAIL.COM but they wanted faithlife.NET to be added. I wasn't too suspicious about it but thought it strange to just put it in a folder and wait. I wish FL would chime in on this though.

Posts 464
John Connell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 1:06 PM

Ha. Saw this on my phone and I was waiting until I got home before complying with the request. Wanted to make sure I did it right. More and more I am becoming the poster child for electronic elder abuse. . .

And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers (Mal 4:6a)

Posts 57
LogosEmployee
Mark Barnes (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 3:41 PM

DAL:
Then why is Mark Barnes asking for the email to be sent to him? Shouldn’t he just tell us, “oh yeah guys don’t worry it’s safe we’re doing this new thing.”

Because there are hundreds of people at Faithlife and I've only been here seven weeks Smile. I needed some clues to track down who might have sent it. I'm still trying to figure that out.

Posts 2932
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 4:34 PM

Mark Barnes (Faithlife):
Because there are hundreds of people at Faithlife

And you don't know what exactly everyone of them is doing every day? How disappointing...

Posts 9172
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 4:46 PM

Mark Barnes (Faithlife):

DAL:

Because there are hundreds of people at Faithlife and I've only been here seven weeks Smile. I needed some clues to track down who might have sent it. I'm still trying to figure that out.

That’s not right that you have to track that down.  The team responsible should be here clarifying why their email all of the sudden looks like spam and has a weird request attached to it.  Thanks for your work!

DAL

Posts 9172
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 4:48 PM

Jan Krohn:

Mark Barnes (Faithlife):
Because there are hundreds of people at Faithlife

And you don't know what exactly everyone of them is doing every day? How disappointing...

No one expects him to know what everyone else is doing every day! So your comment is unnecessary!

Posts 1177
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2022 4:52 PM

If it is a scam, it is a long con. They reserved Faithlife.net 2 years ago, although why it has not been set up as a redirect to the main Faithlife website is a mystery. You would think they would do that before including the domain in any public communications. 
But it seems legitimate, just sloppy. I got one to but have not taken any action on it.
https://lookup.icann.org/lookup?q=Faithlife.net&t=a 

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS