Too much stuff?

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 4:35 AM

David Ames:
How much would it cost to have a Logos Library with everything in it?

I vote for a Logos Charity Raffle!

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 5:05 AM

David Ames:

How much would it have cost to buy everything that was (will be) released in 2010?

Rosie should be able to give us a pretty good idea. Smile

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 6:58 AM

WD40:

... I sometimes wonder if too much resources are being applied to digitizing all and every book under the so-called christian banner while we wait for "tools".

...tools for better learning right from the "Word of God" would make us all better...

Great question! And, if you feel that way you'd be better off with something like the Original Languages Base Package or the SESB. I went with the SESB it only has the good stuff' then I added the Massorah Gedolah in the BHS helps collection. You could also create your own original library with only those books/resources that are most pertinent  to you.

This is what I like most about Logos: the fact that you do not have to buy what you do not need or want!

THE POST SCRIPT:

keep this in mind, Logos is in the service business and they seek to serve a wide audience both in and out of the various communities with in Christendom.

Just, as there is no one 'Christianity' there is also no one 'canon of Scripture' that all communities of faith can equally agree is the word of God. For example with in Christianity the accepted Bible of the Orthodox Churches is not the same as that of the Catholic Church and neither match with the Protestant Scriptures and so on. Jewish users also have a different canon and might desire resources that reflect this.

Now, if we of the communities of faith can not even agree on one canon of Scripture, how much harder for us to all agree on the same library resources! It's like getting two people to agree on the same Pizzas toppings(or even to agree on liking Pizza). But, hey the good news is with Logos we don't have to! There's something for everyone.

So, my friend go and build your library!

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 7:54 AM

David Ames:

I would think Dan Pritchett could answer that with a few database queries.

There are a few users who have most everything Logos publishes. They don't post much on the forums but I get the idea they have considerable financial bounty so it is not that difficult to build their libraries.

With a library of 10,000 books or more, we may never hear much from them. They are too busy reading. Geeked

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 1:53 PM

Matthew C Jones:

David Ames:

I would think Dan Pritchett could answer that with a few database queries.

There are a few users who have most everything Logos publishes. They don't post much on the forums but I get the idea they have considerable financial bounty so it is not that difficult to build their libraries.

With a library of 10,000 books or more, we may never hear much from them. They are too busy reading. Geeked

They would post more, but they are always indexing... Computer

Posts 17
Doug Wesney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 6:51 PM

That's why it's important to distinguish between seeking Truth and possessing Truth.  Possession rests with God...I don't "have" it.  I seek it.  Accordingly, I will fail, make errors and/or be incomplete.  While some publications may be poor in my estimation, I welcome the opportunity to be corrected and improved.  Ultimately, I seek that in God, but he certainly works thru many vessels.  Using C. S. Lewis' analogy, I prefer to be used as a son than as a tool...but either way, I will be used.

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 12:20 AM

Matthew C Jones:
There are a few users who have most everything Logos publishes.

I'm not sure that's true. My bibliography service allows users to upload their libraries to my website. Only one comes anywhere near being complete (and that's still several thousand short), and only seven (out of 329) have more than 5,000 resources

Posts 2832
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 12:20 PM

David Ames:

How much would it have cost to buy everything that was (will be) released in 2010?

No one knows so I called sales and asked - they do not have a number for total nor fir this year.

[something was said that if you offered $50,000 they might give you the rights to everything]

They said that if they could and if they found something they might reply here.

Posts 9
Peter Covert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 2:11 PM

tom collinge:
I am one who wishes that they would cast a wider net.

Yes

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS