Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 21 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 164
David Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 9:16 PM | Locked

Thank you for your advice.  I believe that I maxed out the RAM on this type of laptop at 2GB with 1.6Ghz dual processor.  I am using Gateway MT6705.  I have no idea what kind of graphics card and how much memory is reserved for that.  Thank you again for your patience and kindness.

Posts 26947
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 21 2010 1:51 AM | Locked

David Lee:

Thank you for your advice.  I believe that I maxed out the RAM on this type of laptop at 2GB with 1.6Ghz dual processor.  I am using Gateway MT6705.  I have no idea what kind of graphics card and how much memory is reserved for that.  Thank you again for your patience and kindness.

You lose about 224 MB to the graphics card, leaving you 1.78 GB of RAM to run Vista & Logos4. The Intel graphics chipset is reputedly not very fast, being a budget 3D chipset, and 3D is important to Logos4/Vista. The Pentium CPU is a budget dual core 1.6 GHz compared to a Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz. The 120 GB 5400 RPM hard drive may also be a factor, particularly if it has less than 25% free space and needs defragmenting.

My laptop (see below) has a faster graphics card & exhibits the staging shown on your video for Reading View but is acceptably fast whilst not indexing!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS