Updated NIV

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 53 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 489
LogosEmployee
Louis St. Hilaire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 2:04 PM

Graham Criddle:

What surprises me is that it seems to be named identically to the 1984 version as per below:

We've now addressed this with a metadata update to the 1984 version. It's now listed as "New International Version (1984)" and "NIV84".

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 2:08 PM

Louis St. Hilaire:

Graham Criddle:

What surprises me is that it seems to be named identically to the 1984 version as per below:

We've now addressed this with a metadata update to the 1984 version. It's now listed as "New International Version (1984)" and "NIV84".

Great. Looks I was too eager to have it fixed. Smile

Thanks.

Bohuslav

Posts 25331
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 2:09 PM

I have just opened Logos again (after restarting my computer although I don't know if that is relevant) and the 1984 version has been relabelled!

Graham

EDIT: Sorry - posted before seeing Louis' post above. Thanks

Posts 258
Aaron Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 2:12 PM

Strange. On my laptop neither version has a meta product description, but when I downloaded on my home computer the meta description is there. *Note: I changed the file names on my own.

LAPTOP:

HOME PC:

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 2:23 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
It's very practical to change also a long name

Very good point. I just did that.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 2:25 PM

Mark A. Smith:
Very good point. I just did that.

Well Logos fixed the issue and I didn't see it, so when our metadata gets updated the versions will be differentiated.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 291
Bob Schlessman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 2:33 PM

Todd Phillips:

Got it now and everything is updated. Yes Hadn't seen the post about the upgrade. Thank you for the info Todd. Smile

Posts 1718
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 5:50 PM

Great to have the NIV2011. Very useful.

It seems to have 2 additional search fields: crossref, and later-addition.

But I don't think I'll prioritize it above the 1984 NIV until it gets the Greek interlinear.

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 6:43 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Donnie, there's only one way to tell if you have the KF upgrade: check if you have the new titles that were included in your Library. This new NIV version, a new Book of Common Prayer Lectionary, the NET Bible First Edition Notes, and the Lexham Greek-English Interlinear Septuagint, Alternate Texts were included. Since this isn't a Logos 4 version upgrade but a resource collection upgrade you won't see anything in the About Logos box.

Thanks, Mark. I know the first 4 were in my library - they were Last Updated "Today". I'll have to check as to whether I got the Lexham resource. It's a bit confusing to go through the Free Upgrade process (which includes showing my credit card info), then get to the end where there's a Download link, only to: a) have the installer tell me I'm up-to-date; b) not have any indication within the application that I'm running this "free upgrade".

I'll check back in if I find something missing.

Donnie

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 8:13 PM

What are the major changes in the NIV2011? Is it more gender inclusive?

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2011 8:28 PM

Joshua Garcia:

What are the major changes in the NIV2011? Is it more gender inclusive?

Yes it is.  Here is a thread that discusses it and some links to do comparisons.NIV 2010 - Logos Bible Software Forums

10 I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,     1 Cor. 1:10   1984

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, t in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,    1Cor. 1:10    2011

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 6:29 AM

Mark A. Smith:

Donnie, there's only one way to tell if you have the KF upgrade: check if you have the new titles that were included in your Library. This new NIV version, a new Book of Common Prayer Lectionary, the NET Bible First Edition Notes, and the Lexham Greek-English Interlinear Septuagint, Alternate Texts were included. Since this isn't a Logos 4 version upgrade but a resource collection upgrade you won't see anything in the About Logos box.

Mark,

I've got updates (last update 1/12/2011) for the first 4 resources you've listed. However, while I have "The Lexham Greek-English Interlinear Septuagint, Alternate Texts" in my library, it has no "last update" value. I've restarted Logos and run "update now" and "update resources" with no luck.

Any thoughts?

Donnie

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 9:53 AM

Kevin Becker:

The nice thing is that Logos 4 lets us edit the title of books. Here's what I am doing:

To keep things working properly with any collections that may have specified a title for the NIV84, I renamed the 84 NIV to it's former name (The New International Version) and short name (NIV), and the 2011 NIV "The New International Version (2011)" and given it the short name NIV11.

For me, this also makes sense personally, since the NIV (84) is my primary Bible.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 27224
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 12:47 PM

Louis St. Hilaire:

Graham Criddle:

Louis, this seems to also have stripped the NIV 84 of its description (About) text.

Oops: just restarted L4 and now have lost About text for both versions.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 1:15 PM

Dave Hooton:

Yes I just logged on here to mention that, I read your post before you added this part! Text is gone from both.

Posts 489
LogosEmployee
Louis St. Hilaire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 3:28 PM

Dave Hooton:

Louis, this seems to also have stripped the NIV 84 of its description (About) text.

We've addressed the cause of this problem. You should be able to get the correct data by restarting Logos.

Posts 636
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 4:32 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have a strange problem. I can't seem to download the new NIV. I've tried "update resources" and "update now" but nothing new downloads.  I have the NIV 1984 with the new metadata info but no NIV 2011. I have the Platinum package.

Am I doing something wrong?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 4:42 PM

Ryan B.:

Hello Everyone,

I have a strange problem. I can't seem to download the new NIV. I've tried "update resources" and "update now" but nothing new downloads.  I have the NIV 1984 with the new metadata info but no NIV 2011. I have the Platinum package.

Am I doing something wrong?

Ryan, did you upgrade to the new base packages? See: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/28219.aspx and then http://www.logos.com/upgrade

Posts 521
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 6:28 PM

Louis St. Hilaire:

Graham Criddle:

Will this also show up in Logos 3? I still use it on my old laptop and I don't think there is a way to edit the titles. They are currently identical.

Posts 636
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 13 2011 7:25 PM

Hey Kevin,

Somehow I had completely missed this new base package upgrade. Thank you very much for the information.

Ryan

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS