Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 26627
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 20 2013 7:06 PM

Hi Timothy! Welcome to the forums. Smile

There isn't really a reason to log out of the app… but you are right that there is a reason to need the ability to update your credentials. If there were a "log out" feature, all of the downloaded resources would be removed by necessity during that process. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 11
Phillip J. Long | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 9 2013 8:00 AM

One reason to "log out" of Logos is when someone buys an iPad used.  I have a colleague who bought a used iPad with the Logos app installed, the old user ID is there and he is using that old users books.  He would like to log out of that account and back in with his own ID.  As far as I can tell, he will have to delete the Logos app and re-install it.  

I assume that any notes he makes will be attached to books on the old users account, so I recommended he leave passive-aggressive notes in obscure books.  

Posts 26627
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 9 2013 8:14 AM

Phil Long:
One reason to "log out" of Logos is when someone buys an iPad used.  I have a colleague who bought a used iPad with the Logos app installed, the old user ID is there and he is using that old users books.  He would like to log out of that account and back in with his own ID.  As far as I can tell, he will have to delete the Logos app and re-install it.

Several thoughts:

1. Deleting the app and redownloading isn't really a big deal. Whenever the app gets updated, you are downloading the app all over again anyway.*
  2. The seller was very foolish not to wipe his device!
  3. Logos is intended for "one user." Your colleague shouldn't be using the seller's resources.

* When a user deletes the app, all the user data will be deleted. When you sign back in again, all the user data & downloaded resources will need to be redownloaded. Since this is a new user, that would need to be done anyway. In addition, sometimes the installation can become corrupt, so deleting the app becomes necessary. There isn't really a good reason to add "log out." 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 1
Tim Melton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 8 2014 8:40 AM

I have two accounts with Logos (happened somewhere along the upgrade or crossover process way back I think).  Anyway, I switched accounts by deleting the app completely and reinstalling it (took all of 3 minutes).  

Posts 5196
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 8 2014 11:24 AM

Timothy Melton:

I have two accounts with Logos (happened somewhere along the upgrade or crossover process way back I think).  Anyway, I switched accounts by deleting the app completely and reinstalling it (took all of 3 minutes).  

If you call customer service they can merge your accounts together. 

-dan

Posts 1
Tommy H. Yeargin, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2015 4:41 PM

Uninstall the app, then reinstall and login with the credentials you want to use. 

Posts 5
Michael carbaugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 18 2017 7:28 AM

This Log was very useful to me.  But I want to answer the Question...

why would you want/need to log off the app?

For me, somehow, I have two sign-in credentials.  One has no resources available, while my other has all my resources.  I have tried many times to have Logos delete one, but to no avail.  So now, If I login under the wrong credentials, which happens to be the correct credentials with other non-logos accounts, I am stuck.  (Which I have been for a few weeks.)

However, now I know I just need to delete and reload the app.  As you can see this has not been a priority for me, as I don't usually use my phone for study, but now, I will fix it today.  Thanks.

Posts 1
Joseph Flock | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 4 2018 11:32 AM

Hi JT,

I take care of the IT for our family.  It would be ideal to have a "sign out" area for this app in case:

1. The user mistakenly signs up again using a different email address than that with which they purchased their software, therefore not being able to utilize items that have already been purchased, but then later remember it/find the correct email address.

2.  This should not be a one and done sign in.

3.  We are human and make mistakes and need to correct those mistakes ;-)

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS