How do you apply credit you've earned toward an online purchase?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
David A. Gibson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 2 2012 6:13 AM

I have credit that I would have liked to use toward a purchase before the end of the year. I called for help in applying that credit but was told that I had to wait "until after the first of the month." The rep went on to say, "The credit will appear after the first of the month." The credit has been there all along. There just doesn't seem to be any way to apply that credit to any purchase I have placed into my shopping cart. Today's the last day of the Christmas sale and I am disappointed that I will miss out on some cool savings. Any help?

Posts 12633
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 6:26 AM

David Gibson:

I have credit that I would have liked to use toward a purchase before the end of the year. I called for help in applying that credit but was told that I had to wait "until after the first of the month." The rep went on to say, "The credit will appear after the first of the month." The credit has been there all along. There just doesn't seem to be any way to apply that credit to any purchase I have placed into my shopping cart. Today's the last day of the Christmas sale and I am disappointed that I will miss out on some cool savings. Any help?

I think the idea was that you earn the credit on the December Deals and other purchases (December running through Jan 2) and then spend it when the December period is over. Regarding the credit showing up on the account - right now I still see only the "estimated calculation" above orders that invites me to earn more credit to get to the next bracket. I assume that this will be replaced by something like an "account balance" - not necessarily on the orders page. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1028
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 6:27 AM

You can't spend it until after the end of the promotion.

From the site - "After January 2, you’ll receive your Logos.com credit based on the highest bracket for which you qualify. Christmas Credit can be used towards any live product on Logos.com and will never expire. Christmas Credit cannot be redeemed for cash."

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 6:30 AM

Assuming you're talking about the Christmas special credit, I think that we will be able to spend it once the Christmas offer period ends at midnight tonight as technically people can still earn more credit by buying resources today.

The purpose of the credit showing in your Logos account already is so you can track of how much you were earning as you bought resources during December/early Jan.

[EDIT: Several replies posted at the same time!]

Posts 1863
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 8:00 AM

Paul Clarke:
Assuming you're talking about the Christmas special credit,

This is particularly important. The credit that you have, is it from the Christmas sale or a credit that you have built up by giving Logos in advance, won in a contest (such as the forums sale) or a refund?

If it is a credit that is not Christmas sale related it should show up in a box on your main account details page. For a non-Christmas sale credit you will have the option to apply the credit during check-out.

I imagine that they don't want us using our Christmas Sale credits yet because we could buy something with it and then circumvent the system and take advantage of the 30 day return policy on our original purchase and basically get what we bought with the Christmas credit for free. It is sad, but some would do this.

Posts 1028
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 8:53 AM

Rick:

I imagine that they don't want us using our Christmas Sale credits yet because we could buy something with it and then circumvent the system and take advantage of the 30 day return policy on our original purchase and basically get what we bought with the Christmas credit for free. It is sad, but some would do this.

They may try, but they would fail. Logos have this covered in the terms: "If a product purchased during the promotion period is returned at anytime, the accrued credit from that purchase will be deducted from your Logos.com account (or from your refund, if the credit was already spent)."

Posts 4
David A. Gibson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 11:25 AM

Thanks. I guess there's some finer print that I missed. Some good deals though... 

Posts 1863
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 11:58 AM

Nice catch David. Santiago simply signed me up when I made my purchase. I honestly did not expect to be able to get what I wanted when the 12 days sale began.

A bit more info on the great customer service. When I called Logos, I got Santiago randomly. I explained what I would like, made the purchase and ended the call (he sounded very tired). About two minutes later, I thought "Oh no, I did not sign up for the Christmas credit"? So I immediately called back and asked for him by name, was connected in less than 30 seconds and his reply was "No problem, I signed you up while we were talking." I checked my account and sure enough the credit was there. Yes

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 12:33 PM

David Gibson:

Hi David, I am assuming by the rest of the posts in this thread that the credit you were trying to use really was part of the Logos Credit promotion that was running through December. But just in case your credit was granted before the promotion began, you need to ask for human intervention to apply the credit. In the past we have always had to ask for the credit to be applied. It is my hope the website will be able to tap that credit in the future with just an optional click of a box during checkout.

So David, if you had an account credit showing BEFORE December, give sales a call and explain that it is not Christmas Credit you are trying to use. If your credit was granted during the promo you and I will both have to be patient another day or two. Angel Time Angel

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 12:51 PM

If you are referring to credit that is NOT from the Logos Cash...then you should have an orange bar at the top of your account page showing credit that can be used when you checkout. Nice new system they have. 

I had some credit (not associated with Logos Cash) and used it to purchase a couple of the $10 Bibles and wondered if my purchase would be reflected in my Logos Cash purchases total...and it WAS! How nice that was to see!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2012 1:23 PM

Praiser:
If you are referring to credit that is NOT from the Logos Cash...then you should have an orange bar at the top of your account page showing credit that can be used when you checkout. Nice new system they have. 

That is nice to know. the last time I got an account credit I was unaware of it until my sales rep told me about it. Of course, I used it rather quickly (that moment) by having my sales rep process an order. I have not seen that option during checkout but hopefully it will be there when we want to use Logos Credit.

Now if only we can pre-pay our Pre-Pubs with Logos Credit.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS