BUG: Uploading slideshow on Mac/Disappointing...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 89
Pastor Rickabaugh | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 25 2012 6:16 AM

Well, Proclaim has crashed and burned on my Mac, yet again.  I starting to feel like this app is getting worse, not better with the newer releases.  Since I've been on board from the Beta forward, I know for a fact it's a lot less stable on the Mac.

I STILL have awful problems with Proclaim hogging (leaking) the memory on my Mac.  To tell the truth, it's almost UNUSABLE now.  Today, I simply imported about 25 slides from a "Save as Pictures" powerpoint presentation.  After uploading all the jpeg "slides," I renamed the slideshow...or at least I tried.  As I did so, Proclaim began to lag terribly, started sucked ALL of my Mac's memory (literally down to below 1 MB according to my FreeMemory app-it said 654K! was free!).  Next, Proclaim stopped responding (of course) and after 5 min. of that, it crashed and burned.  I have attached the log for your viewing pleasure.

One more thing I need to add...Proclaim was also very unstable on our Windows PC (W7 sp1) during worship this week.  Bad lags...unstable video/audio generation...and the app had to be restarted to set things right again.  What an embarrassment that was...and how disappointing.

Looking for to dramatic improvements soon.  I love Proclaim's interface and collaborative setup, but things don't seem to work at a base level at this point.  I have awful memories of EasyWorship being to run through my head again. :-(

Please fix this memory problem on the Mac ASAP!  I can't imagine actually paying for Proclaim on March 1 if they aren't.

3480.Proclaim.log

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 11:00 AM

We do apologize for the instability we've been experiencing with Proclaim on both platforms. Performance and stability improvements are our highest priority, and we are making good progress on the issue. 

You have been a great help for us in identifying the issue and we appreciate it, along with your patience with us.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:18 PM

Marc, we have been able to reproduce the crash you experienced after uploading your powerpoint presentation to an Image Slideshow. We are working on a number of enhancements to our display architecture that will fix this issue, but it is not likely that they will be in place for this weekend.

In the meantime, if you are looking to upload a large number of images I'd recommend you do so on a PC, which does not exhibit the same behavior. 

The audio an video issues you are seeing look like the artifacts and errors caused by issues with our transcoding service. This is a known issue and we are in the process of working with them to resolve the issue.

In the meantime a workaround for you would be to run larger videos as local files, if possible. This will avoid them being run through the transcoding process. 

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 26 2012 7:13 PM

We've shipped an update which should resolve the crashing you encountered - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/44429/330735.aspx

The transcoding issues remain, getting to those shortly.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS