Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 39 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 20 2012 5:37 AM

Can someone tell me when are ability for using notes will work without working slow and most of the delete with you asking it to and many other problems. I talked about this way over two months ago and someone said that you where working on it nowever i'v been trying to use it and its as bad as ever.

Posts 504
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 7:52 AM

I concur with the slow aspect of the note feature. There has been numerous threads on this issue for a long time and while there has been some progress I don't think there has been enough. I do not mean this in a mean way, and I know there is work going on in many different areas, but notes seems to be a rather basic area that really needs to be addressed. Only my opinion obviously!

Bob

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

MacBook Air (2017) Mojave

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 9:07 AM

Ronald Sharp:
Can someone tell me when are ability for using notes will work without working slow and most of the delete with you asking it to and many other problems.

Wondering about Logos 4 Mac version ? Curious about open items ? especially Bibles linked together with Notes being displayed ?

Wonder about screenshot or video illustration ?  Wiki has Using the Forums  => Adding a picture to a Post that shows using paper clip in forum editor to attach a file (picture).

Option: could have replied to your previous => Notes thread.  On 12 Jan 2012, Logos 4.3 SR-8 was the current stable release.  On 15 Mar 2012, Logos 4.5a SR-1 was released to stable channel.  Noted older => Notes thread includes replies about Logos 4.5b Beta 5 improving Notes performance; current beta release is Logos 4.5b Beta 7; wiki has => Logos 4 Beta Program with information and risks.  As a Logos user, currently have no estimate when Logos 4.5b will be ready for stable use.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10545
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 2:31 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
 Notes thread includes replies about Logos 4.5b Beta 5 improving Notes performance; current beta release is Logos 4.5b Beta 7

Notes performance is till atrocious in 4.5b Beta 7. 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 4:02 PM

Jack Caviness:
Notes performance is till atrocious in 4.5b Beta 7. 

Wonder about screenshot illustration ? (provide opportunity to replication of notes performance)

For lots of notes, wonder if Personal Books would be faster overall ? (knowing Personal Books are edited in a docx file, which has to be saved and built for Logos 4 use).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10545
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2012 3:38 AM

Wonder about screenshot illustration ? (provide opportunity to replication of notes performance)

At this point, screen shots are a waste of time. The delay while typing has been reported numerous times already for over two years now. The persistent line when moving notes has been reported and acknowledged by Logos.

wonder if Personal Books would be faster overall ?

That defeats the whole purpose of having a notes feature in L4. I know that Bob P previously made this suggestion, but I see as a means to avoid fixing a feature that was poorly  designed in the first place.

Posts 504
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2012 6:40 AM

Jack Caviness:
That defeats the whole purpose of having a notes feature in L4. I know that Bob P previously made this suggestion, but I see as a means to avoid fixing a feature that was poorly  designed in the first place.

Amen brother! I don't make large notes but I make many small notes at various points during my Bible study so the Personal Books feature has little value to me! I hope that this is viewed by the "powers to be" and they will respond in some way to let us "users" know where the note feature stands and "throw us a bone" so we can hope for something in the NEAR future! This one issue all by itself has inhibited my desire to purchase more resources in L4. Notes is a BIG feature for some of us!

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2012 8:40 AM

Like I've said many times before: for me the note icon is like 99% of the note. Without the icon, I won't know that I have a note, so writing one is a complete waste of time.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2012 8:45 AM

Jack Caviness:

I agree 110%.  Having personal books are great, but it is not notes.  They perform two different functions.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2012 8:48 AM

Bob Deacon:
I hope that this is viewed by the "powers to be" and they will respond in some way to let us "users" know where the note feature stands and "throw us a bone" so we can hope for something in the NEAR future!
  According to Bob P., users have been complaining about the limited note function in their software for 20 years now.  Because of this, I do not think anything is coming in the NEAR future.  Still, I do expect to see some improvments to the note function.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2012 9:14 AM

fgh:

Like I've said many times before: for me the note icon is like 99% of the note. Without the icon, I won't know that I have a note, so writing one is a complete waste of time.

Personally wish for visual filter highlighting of chapter and verse numbers, especially if could be combined with a passage list so could highlight numbers that have a Personal Book expansion; really awesome would be ability to click note indicator to open Personal Book to verse location (using an appropriate milestone).  Another use for highlighting chapter and verse number is setting the foreground text color to match resource background so effectively numbers disappear from view while studying.

Another thought is Note indicator integration with Cited By so indicators could be added by searching a collection for verse reference, possibly different indicators for different collections (e.g. different types of commentaries) so could click an indicator to open Cited By collection list.

Bob Deacon:

Jack Caviness:

Wonder about a screenshot illustration ? (provide opportunity to replication of notes performance)

At this point, screen shots are a waste of time. The delay while typing has been reported numerous times already for over two years now. The persistent line when moving notes has been reported and acknowledged by Logos.

Amen brother! I don't make large notes but I make many small notes at various points during my Bible study so the Personal Books feature has little value to me! I hope that this is viewed by the "powers to be" and they will respond in some way to let us "users" know where the note feature stands and "throw us a bone" so we can hope for something in the NEAR future! This one issue all by itself has inhibited my desire to purchase more resources in L4. Notes is a BIG feature for some of us!

Looking at # 1 Logos User Voice suggestion (now has 1,005 votes) => Rework notes function - in one or multiple phases noted inclusion of:

• improve the performance: keyboard entry, long notes and note files 

Also noted 64 comments about Logos User Voice suggestion, often with passion for quick effective Note integration in Logos for Bible Study.  With Logos wanting to increase academic appeal, anticipate many note improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 119
Robert D. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2012 10:34 AM

Notes, Clipping, sermon file (yes we have notes, clipping)...these are the things I want for my person.

Now we have "Community Notes"...sorry, I don't need to share nor place anything some where else.

I need features (Notes,Clipping, Sermon file) that I can work with myself.

Personal Books is great...but my Notes & sermons are works I refer again & again.

My study, work, accumulation of material...I want to be able to refer to over and over.

Will we ever get there complete?

Posts 504
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2012 11:02 AM

robert d. adams:
Now we have "Community Notes"...sorry, I don't need to share nor place anything some where else.

Brother, I certainly agree with you on this. I need notes for me, I care very little if any about sharing!

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 27673
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2012 1:26 PM

Bob Deacon:
I care very little if any about sharing!

Don't you remember anything from Kindergarden? Stick out tongue

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 504
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2012 1:43 PM

alabama24:
Don't you remember anything from Kindergarden?

Whoops! What was I thinking?

Bob Deacon

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 10545
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2012 2:25 PM

alabama24:

Bob Deacon:
I care very little if any about sharing!

Don't you remember anything from Kindergarden? Stick out tongue

We did not have Kindergarden when I started school. The main things I remember about first grade was being forced to make my penmanship look like I was right-handed and climbing out the window to escape detention Big Smile 

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 6:39 AM

tom collinge:

Bob Deacon:
I hope that this is viewed by the "powers to be" and they will respond in some way to let us "users" know where the note feature stands and "throw us a bone" so we can hope for something in the NEAR future!
  According to Bob P., users have been complaining about the limited note function in their software for 20 years now.  Because of this, I do not think anything is coming in the NEAR future.  Still, I do expect to see some improvments to the note function.

The complaint has never been that you can't type notes without terrible lag. That started with the introduction of Logos 4 and only briefly was fixed (I mean for about a week there was one beta build that was didn't have a lot of lag). The problem before is people wanted something more robust. Now we have something that is unusable without pulling your hair out.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 8:34 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
The complaint has never been that you can't type notes without terrible lag. That started with the introduction of Logos 4 and only briefly was fixed (I mean for about a week there was one beta build that was didn't have a lot of lag). The problem before is people wanted something more robust. Now we have something that is unusable without pulling your hair out.
Very true.  What I was trying to say (and did a poor job at it), Logos has never done a good job at providing a note subsystem.  Even with the many, and there have been many improvements to L4 notes, it is by far the worst subsystem in L4.

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 25 2012 2:31 PM

And now that one of their competitors has begun work on notes synchronization when you start and shut down their app, it will not be the only company with notes sync between Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. I believe I will be moving to using that program for my notes from now on.

Posts 853
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2012 6:55 AM

I just downloaded the demo of the competition. If they are syncing across devices with notes and typing will keep up and it links to Bible resources, I just may switch. Sorry, Logos. I am not asking for a word processor in Logos, I just want to be able to type faster than a snail moves and link!

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS