Lexham Hebrew-English Interlinear Bible - Hover Pop Up

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 89
Stephen DeKuyper | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 17 2012 9:33 AM

I like to use the "information" pane for Hebrew vocabulary. But for many of the words in the LHE the popup only says "(a) indicates that a is grammaticalized or lexicalized in Hebrew but not in English."It happens for a lot of the words. Am I missing something?

Stephen

Posts 26677
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 17 2012 7:36 PM

You should still see the "information pane" at the bottom of the window if you hover on the manuscript word. The a in (a) refers to the word in parentheses when you Display the English Literal or Lexical value.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 89
Stephen DeKuyper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 20 2012 12:45 PM

Thanks Dave. I am getting the parsing on the bottom of the pane, but what I am trying to get is the parsing in the window called "Information" which can be found under the tools menu. It is a separate window and it is set to my preferred lexicon.

Stephen

Posts 26677
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 20 2012 7:04 PM

Stephen DeKuyper:
but what I am trying to get is the parsing in the window called "Information" which can be found under the tools menu.

The popup from the resource text is independent of the content that "Information" pane displays. Its Settings menu should govern what you see.

EDIT: I got the popup to appear in the "Information" pane but only when hovering over the relevant part of the English Literal value. Otherwise I got the full parsing info as per its Settings (when hovering the manuscript word).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 89
Stephen DeKuyper | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2012 5:30 PM

I checked the settings, but everything seems to be okay.

It just seems arbitrary, but when I hover over one word, I get a popup like the one in my earlier email. But when I try to click on it, nothing happens. The next word doesn't have a popup, but when I click on it, the parsing information shows up in the Information Pane. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason. I don't get this same thing in other resources, just LHE.

Stephen

Posts 26677
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 5:37 AM

Stephen DeKuyper:
I checked the settings,

I'm using the hover option in Settings and get different behaviour (like yours) if I use click; is click what you use?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:56 AM

To be honest I can't quite tell exactly what Stephen's frustration is. But what he mentions (the upper popup when mousing over) is curious. I've compared the same passage in L3 and L4 and L4 goes crazy with that specific popup. Can't say on all passages though. Now, it might well be L3 is the problem-child and L4 is correct. But as he said, it's specific to Lexham Hebrew.

In my early L4 days I just used to laugh about it (while grinding my teeth), since if you have smaller panels this particular popup would always 'win' and hide the morph popup.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3187
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 1:00 PM

There a few behaviors that can occur from hovering over text in Logos 4, and so that I can be sure what behavior we are looking for is, and what is actually going on can someone take annotated screens of both, and indicate in the screens where the mouse is hovering/clicking? 

Thank you.

Posts 3187
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:31 PM

Thanks DMB:

I think I see what was referred to in terms of getting different information when hovering vs clicking. I'll look into it. Please update this thread if there is something you're not sure I'm getting. 

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:34 PM

Was having trouble above writing in the input box. Anyway, in Logos4, with maybe only the hebrew and morph lines displayed, L4 still has the popping popup going crazy without any of the gloss lines showing. In Libronix this doesn't happen.

Then if you're like me and you keep small interlinears showing just to glance at, the popping popup is senior to the morph popup and covers the morph popup up (thereby requiring stopping, making the height of the panel greater to separate the popups from each other).

Therefore (!) it'd be nice if they didn't automate the gloss popups without the gloss showing.

Posts 26677
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:46 PM

Tommy Ball:
I think I see what was referred to in terms of getting different information when hovering vs clicking. I'll look into it. Please update this thread if there is something you're not sure I'm getting. 

The OP had problems with Tools >> Information and the results displayed there with the Settings of Hover or Click.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 89
Stephen DeKuyper | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:35 AM

Sorry, but I have been offline.

I have set the information panel to "Click". No problem.

First shot is when I clicked on יהוה in 5:1 (line 2). No problem.

Then I tried to click the previous word אמר and this is what I get. An unwanted popup, but no Information in the panel:

Stephen

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2012 1:32 PM

Well, ok ... you're on a Mac so I'm not sure the behavior is the same on each platform.

But on the windows side, best I can figure, the 'hover' never puts the gloss notes in the info box no matter what you ok or don't. While I was trying various combinations, I also notice the hover over doesn't line up correctly with the interlinear columns on some of the items.

Posts 26677
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:16 PM

Stephen DeKuyper:
First shot is when I clicked on יהוה in 5:1 (line 2). No problem.

Best to report the problem in the Mac forum  - saves confusion. You could start a new thread there and include a link to this one.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:40 AM

There is a preexisting case for a very similar issue with the LHI and the Information panel.  I will update that case with a link to this thread.  Thanks!

Posts 1
Ćokovac | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2016 7:30 AM

Still no solution to this problem?? thanks!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2016 3:12 PM

Ćokovac:

Still no solution to this problem?? thanks!

Welcome Big Smile

Concur LHI has pop-up for interlinear lines that appears even when associated line is not being displayed, which can be replicated using Logos 7.2 Beta 3 (plus remember this issue goes back many years).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS