Page 2 of 14 (267 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 266 Replies | 21 Followers

Posts 12
David Doyle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 7:19 AM

Where is the Logos app in the store?  The only thing I can find is a verse of the day app?

I've just purchased a Surface RT and would like to have access to my Logos texts no matter what state.  Thanks.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:30 AM

David Doyle:
Where is the Logos app in the store?  The only thing I can find is a verse of the day app?

The Logos Bible app is not currently available for the Surface RT which uses an ARM processor. We have submitted a version for ARM and it is pending approval, should be any day now. I will post here when it is approved.

Posts 20
Vincent Xavier Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 8:50 AM

I purchased the Surface RT for my wife.  It's a great tablet, but I am excited for the Logos app to show up soon.  For the time being, running Biblia in Internet Explorer (the MX version) when online is rather pleasant.  It's easy to scroll down a page.

For myself, I'm getting the Surface Pro to be my main computer.  Running full logos on a 1080p screen, with a pin-point accurate stylus, will be very useful with a 3rd generation i5 processor on a snappy SSD.  This all in a tablet form factor.  I love that the kick-stand and revolutionary keyboard is there when you need it, and disappears when you don't.

Disclaimer:  I work at a holiday kiosk of the Microsoft Store.  But I purchased it myself.  For doubters, see it for yourself.  I'll be in the Fashion Show Mall in Las Vegas.

Posts 2
Kevin Hammond | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:35 AM

Been checking everyday for Logos Bible for Windows RT ... lo and behold there it is this morning in the Store!!

Posts 61
Thomas Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:08 AM

Kevin,

I checked the store and could not locate the RT app.  What is the name of the agg?

Thomas

Posts 61
Thomas Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:09 AM

Thats APP not agg (smile)

Thomas

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:36 AM

Thomas Jackson:
I checked the store and could not locate the RT app.  What is the name of the agg?

Bible! (that's with the exclamation mark)

Posts 61
Thomas Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 2:11 PM

Found it!!

Thanks

Posts 285
Luigi Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 5:14 AM

Robin Monks:
a logos deamon (don't worry folks, deamons are background tasks on PCs and not evil ;) )

precisely what I thought many years ago when I was a tech noob about Daemon Tools.   It was reinforced because: 1. it was the first time I seen the word daemon. and 2. becuase the person was using it illegally (from memory).

:-)

but it is a very funny parenthesis comment.

Posts 20
Steve Aeschbacher | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2012 10:26 PM

This is AWESOME Scott--thanks very much! 

Posts 5
Steve Holgate | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 1:03 PM

I have the Logos App on my Surface tablet, but it doesn't seem to have anyway to designate a book, chapter and verse.  It just opens the Bible I select wherever and then to move I have to go one page at a time.  Obviously this won't work.  Am I missing something?  Steve

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 1:21 PM

Steve Holgate:
I have the Logos App on my Surface tablet, but it doesn't seem to have anyway to designate a book, chapter and verse.

In the reading view swipe from the top to reveal the app bar. On the right side you will see a reference input which you can use to navigate the book by reference.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:39 PM

Scott Alexander (Logos):
The Logos Bible app is not currently available for the Surface RT which uses an ARM processor. We have submitted a version for ARM and it is pending approval, should be any day now. I will post here when it is approved.

Bible! app with support for ARM is available in the Windows Store.

Posts 5
Steve Holgate | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 10:09 AM

Thanks for the clarification Scott.  I have one more question that I think I know the answer to.  The Bible! app appears from your post to be a totally separate app from the pending Logos Bible app.  That means when the Logos Bible app comes out it won't come as an update to the Bible! app, but will have to be purchased separately in the Apps store.  This makes sense because the Bible! app was free so updates to it would not reimburse Logos for the cost of development of the new app.  Why is this important?  Two reasons.  1.  We need to be on the lookout for the new app and not thinking the Bible! app will be automatically updated, and 2.  If the Bible! app isn't useful to someone then there is no need to keep it on our machines.  Does that sound accurate Scott?

Steve

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 10:22 AM

Steve Holgate:
The Bible! app appears from your post to be a totally separate app from the pending Logos Bible app. 

Sorry if I was unclear. There is only one Logos Bible app for the Windows Store - Bible! The plan is for this app to have the same functionality as the iOS and Android Logos Bible apps. The Logos Bible app is free on all mobile platforms, it's the resources that you pay for. Does that clear things up?

Posts 5
Steve Holgate | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 10:30 AM

Yes, it clears it up.  Thanks.  When the update comes out it will probably direct us to the Logos Web site to purchase books to populate it.  Thanks again Scott, Steve

Posts 5
Chad Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 1:05 AM

Is there a way to download the books into memory.  Our church doesn't have internet, and I'd love to use the Surface as my Bible in church instead of having to reading it off of Logos on the iphone.

Posts 5
Steve Holgate | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 6:58 AM

Me too.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 10:40 AM

Chad Smith:
Is there a way to download the books into memory.  Our church doesn't have internet, and I'd love to use the Surface as my Bible in church instead of having to reading it off of Logos on the iphone.

Not currently but this feature is coming soon, within the next couple months or so.

Posts 3
James Snare | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 10:43 PM

Hi all I'm new to Logos and just got a Surface with Windows RT. I've played around with an android version of Logos on an Asus Transformer and that seems to have the ability to parse the Greek NT and make notes and a few other functional features. The current Logos app for the Surface doesn't seem to be able to do this. Is this correct or am I missing something. Are these features coming?

Page 2 of 14 (267 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS