Logos 5 Is Amazing

Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 47 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 66
David Beard | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:19 PM

I have been a loyal Logos customer since Libronix, but really got hooked on Logos 4 in late 2009 during its introduction.  I was like others--very skeptical--but went to Youtube and watched the Logos 5 videos on some of the features/benefits.  I am a part-time fill-in Sunday School teacher.  The Timeline feature and the Sermon start-up Guide would certainly be worth the upgrade price to me now that I have seen them in action.  For my upgrade price (only to the Gold L5 which is the lowest package that has all upgraded databases) I received another 350 + volumes which was a bout $1.50/ volume along with all these amazing tools and speed optimization.  I f you can do it...I say do it...Logos has always been a company you could trust...if you don't like it, you have 30 days to return it...Folks, I promise-- I don't work for Logos, but this is a no-brainer for me...Big Smile Thanks Logos for another home-run!

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:21 PM

David Beard:

I have been a loyal Logos customer since Libronix, but really got hooked on Logos 4 in late 2009 during its introduction.  I was like others--very skeptical--but went to Youtube and watched the Logos 5 videos on some of the features/benefits.  I am a part-time fill-in Sunday School teacher.  The Timeline feature and the Sermon start-up Guide would certainly be worth the upgrade price to me now that I have seen them in action.  For my upgrade price (only to the Gold L5 which is the lowest package that has all upgraded databases) I received another 350 + volumes which was a bout $1.50/ volume along with all these amazing tools and speed optimization.  I f you can do it...I say do it...Logos has always been a company you could trust...if you don't like it, you have 30 days to return it...Folks, I promise-- I don't work for Logos, but this is a no-brainer for me...Big Smile Thanks Logos for another home-run!

Agreed David. Logos did a good job with L5

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:23 PM

David Beard:
Thanks Logos for another home-run!

Hi David,

It is really good to hear that you are pleased with L5.

I agree that some of the new features are really impressive and, I am sure, will be helpful for many. I have just upgrade myself and am really pleased with the deal and the new resources (a number of which were on my wish list).

And you are right to remind us with regards to Logos' generous returns policy. It is a really comforting safety net should it be needed.

Thank you for sharing Big Smile

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:23 PM

Agree Yes Beer

I think L5 is a very exciting Bible study and research tool.

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:40 PM

Yes, I agree. Been playing with the software all day and reading my new resources. :) I'm loving it and the UI is awesome! 

Posts 118
Andrew Chuter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:50 PM

I also am very pleased with Logos 5 and the upgrade - its first-class. Mac version running well - I've finally deleted Windows version from my Mac (which was running on Parallels).

Logos need to think how it handles communications about new releases in future but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by the tone of some of the negative comments being expressed. 

Andrew

Posts 6
Chris Heck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:11 PM

Andrew - your post touches on something I've been wondering about; whether there is a marked difference in performance for Mac.

I've been running Logos 4 - Mac natively and have not necessarily been too impressed with performance.

Sounds like you're happy with how version 5 is running on your Mac?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:13 PM

I agree wholeheartedly...I'm amazed at some of the new features and what it must have taken to implement them...yikes!

Well done!

It's smooth, fast, and it LOOKS great. (and the new tools are impressive as well.) I paid 400 for the upgrade to Gold and it was worth it....I pay much more per year for things that have no eternal value at all...(McDonalds anyone?) :) 

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:18 PM

Robert Pavich:

I agree wholeheartedly...I'm amazed at some of the new features and what it must have taken to implement them...yikes!

Well done!

It's smooth, fast, and it LOOKS great. (and the new tools are impressive as well.) I paid 400 for the upgrade to Gold and it was worth it....I pay much more per year for things that have no eternal value at all...(McDonalds anyone?) :) 

I also am pleased with the features and am glad that I paid for the upgrade! Looking forward to exploring even more!

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 118
Andrew Chuter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 12:39 AM

Chris

Yes  the Mac version of Logos 5 is quicker and more responsive than Logos 4 plus having a greater degree of parity with Windows version (though I never had the crashes and problems that other Mac users seem to have had).

Andrew

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:07 AM

Robert Pavich:

Well done!

Yes, I feel the same about new Logos 5. I am especially impressed with all the new data sets and all the manual expert work poured into those new databases and features. Wow. I believe this is way to go for Logos to stay on the top of the Bible study software world. I believe Logos made some really smart decisions in the direction of development of Logos 5. I want to thank you guys for that. Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:19 AM

Chris Heck:
Andrew - your post touches on something I've been wondering about; whether there is a marked difference in performance for Mac.

Hi Chris,

I appreciate that I am the wrong Andrew Big Smile

I just wanted to share my experience (working on a MBA 2011). Although the performance of L4 was acceptable (I never suffered through the travails experienced by some Mac users), L5 feels significant improvement in terms of performance.

The UI is responsive. Clicking drop-down menus produces results in an immediate response (with the exception of the layout tab which is slightly sluggish, but acceptable). Searches are fast, even when compared with L4 on the PC side. There is a noticeable improvement in the performance of notes. I have really tried going at this feature in order to reproduce the lag of L4, but have been unable to do so. 

All in all, I am delighted with the performance of L5 on the Mac.

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:02 AM

I am very glad to hear that Mac performance has been improved with L5.

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:05 AM

This is a great improvement. I have Mac with the Portfolio Edition.

I downloaded 2 Gig+ of new databases and how this rocks! Must faster than before.

I am very pleased with this improvement.

Hans

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 10523
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:33 PM

Andrew Chuter:
I've finally deleted Windows version from my Mac

An even greater reason to throw a party. Big Smile Bring plenty of soft drinks (We Baptists tend to shun "adult beverages" Geeked

Robert Pavich:
 it LOOKS great.

EVEN on Windows? Devil See I remember your posts from long-long ago

Posts 10523
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:35 PM

Chris Heck:

I'm not Andrew, but I am very pleased with L5 on the Mac (been using it 4-6 weeks as beta tester).

Nice avatar Philip Yes

Posts 9966
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:40 PM

Jack Caviness:
I am very pleased with L5 on the Mac (been using it 4-6 weeks as beta tester)

I'm using it only for a couple days, but just let me add that L5 is amazing on a PC as well - I have the feeling it runs snappier as L4 and so far I didn't find anything where L5 is impacted by my low-scale laptop (single core Intel Celeron with 2 GB RAm, running Win 7 32 bit)

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 51
Lloyd Wicker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:44 PM

So glad to see a post in the forums committed to being thankful to the amazing work Logos has done.  Count me as one of the folks who upgraded with NO REGRETS.  Wow, some fantastic new features and great overhaul of library content.  Yeah, that's made this upgrade more expensive than most, but the new library configuration beautifully compliments the new features of Logos 5.  I learned last upgrade that as soon as the new one comes out to begin saving for the next one so I've got some money to invest in the upgrade.  From Logos 2 to Logos 3/Libronix, to Logos 4 to Logos 5...I've yet to be disappointed.  Even the bugs are tolerable knowing that the programming team is ON IT as soon as they know about it.  THANK YOU LOGOS!  Still a happy customer!

Rev. Lloyd Wicker - Crossroads Leadership Coaching

MacBook Pro - 2.3Ghz Intel Core i5 - 8GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 - MacOSX Mountain Lion - Crucial 512GB SSD - Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 5:29 PM

I'm glad to hear the positive responses in this thread. It hurt this retiree on a fixed income to dish out $2200 to upgrade from Gold to Portfolio, but I'm willing to pay for these resources as they help me focus on walking in the light of His presence.

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 5:42 PM
Jack Caviness:

Chris Heck:

I'm not Andrew, but I am very pleased with L5 on the Mac (been using it 4-6 weeks as beta tester).

Nice avatar Philip Yes

Thanks! I love our little boy!
Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS