Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 55
Dave Souers | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 21 2012 2:44 PM

I have been using proclaim since it was first released. I don't use the remote apps very often, and I've never really had issues with them, but I can't figure this out. 

On both the iPad and iPhone, when I am controlling the presentation, some slides are showing up black in the middle of a sequence. For example, Chorus 2 is just a black slide on my remote (although it shows up fine on the screens), but chorus 1 and verses are showing up fine. 

Also, in trying to control the scriptures, the breakup of the slide on my remote shows 3 verses, but the actual presentation only has two verses. 

Any ideas? I am using the proclaim supplied thanksgiving graphics. 

Dave

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:08 PM

Dave, we had a temporary issue with the server for the Proclaim Remote, which has now been resolved. You shouldn't see any more black squares when controlling your presentation.

As for the breakup of the slides on your Remote (3 verses vs. 2 verses), I'm not entirely sure about that from your description. Could you provide a screenshot from your main computer and from your iPad device that shows the problem? If you weren't aware, you can take a screenshot on iOS device by holding down the Power and Home buttons at the same time.

Posts 55
Dave Souers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:02 AM

Thanks Ann. The black squares are gone. I have attached the screen shot from the presentation as well as the screenshot from the remote on my iphone. As you can see from the ios screen shot, 3 verses are listed from Psalm 107. The problem is, there is actually only one verse on the presentation as you can see below. 

Posts 159
Matthew Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2012 9:15 AM

We will look into your presentation this week to see why the two didn't match. You may try to add a new Bible slide to your presentation and insert this passage. I just tested on my end and this passage is working with a few Bible versions I've used.

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:54 AM

Thanks for the screenshots, Dave. I was able to reproduce the problem and am passing it on to development. This has to do with the line breaks between the verses when "Fully formatted" mode is used.

If you'd like to have more control over just where the divide is between the verses for each slide, I would recommend using the double dash (--) between your slides. If you switch your formatting to "One verse per slide" instead of "Fully formatted", it will automatically place double dash lines in between each verse to force a new slide. You can remove dashed lines if you do want two verses together on one slide or other customizations. Essentially, this allows you a lot more control over where each new slide begins, and Proclaim Remote does a better job of recognizing it.

A warning: when you choose a new style of formatting, Proclaim does remove text customizations you've done in the Content box (for example, the words "Leader" and "Congregation" you have added in), so select your formatting style first and then add your customizations afterwards.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS