12 Days of Christmas 2012

Page 3 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 45 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 10651
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 4:23 AM

Andrew Mckenzie:
Yes, Working in retail the term I would use is shrinkage. Jack, I had visions of customers walking out of the store looking all innocent with a shelf under their arm. Appreciated your terminology though Jack, maybe it was Bob's originally.

Thanks, George and Andrew, for the education. Thought Bob had said shelf-loss, but memory could be faulty—it was a few years ago. The interesting/discouraging part was that it happened in Christian book stores.

Posts 889
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:18 AM

T MacLeod:

CL:

Personally, I'm hoping for a deep discount on the WBC. Does anybody recall the lowest they've seen it in the past? It is $300 or $400?

I got it in December 2009 for $426, according to my order history.

In April I got WBC along with a few dozen other titles in the Nelson Bible Reference Bundle for $599.99... today the same bundle is $899.95 and is still a great price for all the resources you get with it IMHO.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:07 AM

Brother Mark:
In April I got WBC along with a few dozen other titles in the Nelson Bible Reference Bundle for $599.99

That bundle seems to go on sale third party 2-3-4 times a year. Generally for $499 or $399, but I've seen it for $389. It's got another name then, but the content seems to be the same. 

There's a recent thread showing WBC alone for $350, with a promise of 20% off shortly. You might need to be Australian though, as the shipping prices were outrageous last time I checked.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:26 AM

How does one privately message a forum user?

Posts 10651
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:30 AM

Shawn Drewett:

How does one privately message a forum user?

Thought I had the answer, but went to check prior to posting, and the ability is no longer there. Previously, you could click on their avatar and there was a field to post comments, but it seems to have been swallowed by FaithLife.

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:37 AM

Bummer. I have something I want to sell to a specific person.

Page 3 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS