Proclaim crashed again Sunday Worship--10:54 pst..week 2 of 4 week trial

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 44
Joni lum | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:04 AM

I'm running a month long trial with Proclaim.  So far, both weeks have crashed while I was running the program, right in the middle of my worship service.  First week turned out to be server problems on your end..around the same time, 10:50ish.  This week, we were in the middle of our songs, I was playing video files...and it froze after a file was done, couldn't move to the next video file.

had to exit out and reboot whole thing plus iPad controller 

I synch and do a trial run on fri night b4 Sunday, and last 2 weeks ran perfectly fri night and at 8:30 on sun am, when I did a double check.

Posts 44
Joni lum | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 2:21 PM

Can someone please help me!!!!!

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 2:38 PM

Joni, could you please post your log files? This will help us diagnose the issue. You can find instructions on how to locate and post your log files here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/39446.aspx

It is most helpful if you can locate and post your log files immediately after a crash has occurred, because the Proclaim.log file contains the most information and it overwrites itself each time you reopen Proclaim. So if you've experienced a crash, please post your logs (or at least save them in a different location so you can post them later) before you reopen the application.

Even if you've opened the application again after you've seen this crash though, we may still be able to glean information from the ProclaimCrash and ProclaimError logs, so do post everything you have and we will look into it. Thank you.

Posts 44
Joni lum | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 4:46 PM

I don't understand where to go to look for the logs, windows 7...sorry, not that computer smart...I'm assuming you don't just paste the addy and google it?

Posts 152
Chris Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 5:02 PM

Hi Joni. Hopefully these pictures will help you find the logs.

You will know you are in the right folder if you see the following files inside:

Attach those files to your next post on this forum and you should be good to go.

Platform Details for Alpha/Beta Testing Reference:

• Windows 7 Home Premium x64
  • Intel Core2 Duo P7450 @ 2.13GHz
  • 6GB DDR3 RAM
  • Logos 4 Gold

Posts 44
Joni lum | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 5:23 PM

thank you!  SO sorry to bother you!

Posts 152
Chris Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 6:13 PM

No trouble at all. Besides, right after posting the pictures above, Proclaim began to crash on me as well - so I needed to post my own log files. :)

Platform Details for Alpha/Beta Testing Reference:

• Windows 7 Home Premium x64
  • Intel Core2 Duo P7450 @ 2.13GHz
  • 6GB DDR3 RAM
  • Logos 4 Gold

Posts 2868
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:59 PM

Ann Boyles:

Joni, could you please post your log files? This will help us diagnose the issue. You can find instructions on how to locate and post your log files here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/39446.aspx

Since this is often a reply from Logos folks and advanced users, wouldn't it be beneficial to create a utility that finds these logs, packages them up and sends them to you guys. Doesn't sound like a huge problem for someone who knows how to macro program on Windows and Mac. I'm not that person, but I bet some programmer that uses your software would do it for free or even for some free books or something.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS