No iPad or iPhone control this morning.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 19
Mark Phelps | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 3 2013 11:11 AM

I had control of my presentation for about 5 minutes today. That would have been from @10:30-10:35 am Eastern time.  After that, no got booted out and was prompted to sign in (Logos), but was never able to even do that.

that's about all I can report at this point. Will be checking to be sure that the Mac we were using had the latest version of Proclaim, but that's the only thing I can think to investigate.

We're there any known server issues this morning?

Posts 13
Jake Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2013 12:44 PM

Wasn't limited to the Apple side, my Droid side failed with same issue. 

My sermon notes were on Proclaim and I couldn't sign in to use my pad. Good thing I had a paper version as a back-up.

Logos/Proclaim must have had issues today, my staff couldn't get logged in either. Fortunately, our presentation machine was running and had everything local so the service carried on; however, it made for interesting preaching since it failed. 

Would like to hear what happened.

Jake

Posts 194
Allen Petersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2013 1:41 PM

The Proclaim servers experienced heavy load causing some traffic to fail. This lasted approximately 20 minutes starting at 7:30am PST. During this time the Proclaim Remote and Signals may not have worked correctly.

We will be upgrading our server capacity this week to prevent this type of situation.

Posts 13
Jake Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2013 2:01 PM

Thanks for the update. This Overload/crash was not a pleasant sensation getting ready to preach and realize I couldn't log into the system. 

You are addressing the issue, that is good news. 

While I hope that there isn't a next time, I know that there will be - please post something or send out a message of sorts or something that tells us - or at least promptly post on the website for Proclaim. This way, users don't spend time trying to fix something we can't fix and can make alternate plans quickly. This scenario is the one aspect of Proclaim that concerns me. We have used it for a year now and have done well. 

Blessings,

Jake

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2013 2:09 PM

Allen Petersen:
We will be upgrading our server capacity this week to prevent this type of situation.

...until the next time it happens, since it has happened before...

Why not allow controlling over a local network? Completely eliminates the need to contact remote servers and improves performance. Having to go through Logos servers will only inevitably and necessarily bog it down and introduces additional fail points.

Posts 13
Jake Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2013 2:12 PM

OK.... How? 

Posts 19
Mark Phelps | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2013 3:44 PM
You report that as if it was a surprise. It's really not acceptable, Allen. The load size and timing should be pretty predictable. I'm trying to be understanding. There could have been a DDOS attack or something. It's just that we have had enough struggles with Proclaim to make us begin to regret choosing it. We've used it all of three months, and this is the second time that "heavy server load" caused this same failure. We're right on the verge of "enough already".
Posts 44
Joni lum | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2013 2:31 PM

i was functional via iphone at 10:30 pacific time.

Posts 1381
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2013 6:55 PM

Chris Roberts:
Why not allow controlling over a local network? Completely eliminates the need to contact remote servers and improves performance. Having to go through Logos servers will only inevitably and necessarily bog it down and introduces additional fail points

If this is possible, I would strongly urge Logos to do this. I pastor a very conservative congregation and I am "pushing it" using a screen trying to get the congregation to open up to it, problems like last Sunday are devastating to what were trying to do. It has to work....  

Posts 92
Shawn Nichols | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2013 2:03 PM

We have not been able to use Proclaim on any iDevice for the last two Sunday mornings. We don't control the presentations from the iDevice, but we do use them for a presentation monitor at the pulpit. Proclaim will not load presentations on any iPad on our network or cellular network from 10:00 a.m. CDT until 10:30 a.m. CDT. The computer will run the presentations, I guess because they're loaded locally. Presentations work fine on iDevices at other dimes during the week. I'm guessing there is a significant server issue.

Posts 4
Darryl Keeney | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2013 3:47 PM

We have had the same issue the last two Sundays as well.  Proclaim remote drops at about 10:30 AM CST and we don't get it back.  We have tried both Android and iPads and neither device can gain remote control.  I did use a traditional presentation remote but I may as well go back to Powerpoint if I have to do that.  Really frustrated.

Posts 194
Allen Petersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2013 10:13 PM

I apologize for the inability to use the Proclaim Remote during the past few Sunday mornings. We had a partial server outage this morning which was correct just after 10:00am PDT. New server capacity and additional monitoring will be online early this week.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS