Yikes! Logos keeps indexing library??

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 64
Aaron Baldridge | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:08 AM

I upgraded to L5 in February. When my computer downloaded the last update the indexer starting indexing my library and did so for several hours. When I check again it says indexing .... and shows the progress at 0%. I called the tech support last week and they got on my computer and deleted some files and so forth and then reloaded my library. This morning when I went to the office there was an error message again that said, "Logos Indexer has encountered a problem and is not responding..." and again shows 0%. Has anyone else experienced this problem? What did you do to fix it? 

Aaron

Posts 29730
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:58 AM

You will need to post logs: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 12:01 PM

Aaron Baldridge:
Has anyone else experienced this problem? What did you do to fix it?

Have experienced this problem some times, which had different causes.  Need to look at Logos diagnostic log files before could offer any ideas.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 1:58 PM

Aaron Baldridge:
When I check again it says indexing .... and shows the progress at 0%.

Had that problem this morning with 5.1 Beta 2 on a MBP (10.6.8). Logs indicated nothing more needed indexing and that the app was merging—indexes I guess. The log had not had an entry for over 30 minutes. Sampled the process and noted some activity, but my log reading skills are minimal. Was planning to wait a few more minutes before submitting a bug report. Like magic, L5 suddenly decided that it was done indexing. Now, everything is behaving normally.

How long has this indexing been going on? Mine took a little over an hour altogether. If it happens again, I will prepare a bug report.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2013 10:40 AM

Jack Caviness:
Logs indicated nothing more needed indexing and that the app was merging—indexes I guess. The log had not had an entry for over 30 minutes. Sampled the process and noted some activity, but my log reading skills are minimal. Was planning to wait a few more minutes before submitting a bug report.

The log doesn't write anything during merging. Only when it has finished.

In my experience, 30 Minutes is a very short merge. I'm used to far more.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2013 11:35 AM

fgh:
In my experience, 30 Minutes is a very short merge. I'm used to far more.

My best guess is that it took about an hour.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS