The correct way to Hijack a thread

Page 16 of 34 (674 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last »
This post has 673 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 8:24 PM | Locked

Damian McGrath:
But, if you fixed them then that's a good thing. They are no longer sinners....

At least they can't reproduce.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 8:36 PM | Locked

Richard DeRuiter:

Damian McGrath:
But, if you fixed them then that's a good thing. They are no longer sinners....

At least they can't reproduce.

rePRODUCE as in carrots are produce. Get it? Ha Ha! Good one, Richard.

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 8:37 PM | Locked

Sorry I am shouting again, Damian.

I will try to refrain from future outbursts.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 8:42 PM | Locked

Rosie Perera:

Russ Quinn:

Noah built an ark not a fence.

Noah didn't need a fence because he had no stolen goods to sell. Anyway, fencing wasn't invented yet by that point. Its origins date back to ancient Egypt and Greece, around 1200 B.C.

Did they use rapiers or épées?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 8:44 PM | Locked

George Somsel:

Rosie Perera:

Russ Quinn:

Noah built an ark not a fence.

Noah didn't need a fence because he had no stolen goods to sell. Anyway, fencing wasn't invented yet by that point. Its origins date back to ancient Egypt and Greece, around 1200 B.C.

After the flood, there wasn't enough left of the fence to repair so they had to start from scratch.

Posts 351
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:05 PM | Locked

The more posts....the more.....

Luuk

Posts 1723
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:19 PM | Locked

I went to Camp Logos (in TN) and never got caught up on the forums again... but I'm trying to get back on top of it...

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:29 PM | Locked

Bob Pritchett:
I went to Camp Logos (in TN) and never got caught up on the forums again... but I'm trying to get back on top of it...

Welcome back..

I hope that the many fine suggestions which have appeared in this thread have now been allotted the highest priority!

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:47 PM | Locked

Bob Pritchett:
but I'm trying to get back on top of it...
I for one am ready to join you Bob on the hike to the top of Mt. Rainier... what a great Logos photo op.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:51 PM | Locked

Joe Miller:

Rainier... what a great Logos photo op.

Joe,

Raindeer get me in the Christmas Spirit too but there is another thread already dedicated to discussing the 12 Days of Christmas specials.

Please stay on topic. I know everyone in that thread certainly has.

Posts 19691
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 10:37 PM | Locked

Philip Spitzer:

Damian McGrath:
We're supposed to be discussing HOW to hijack a thread not WHO's hijacking threads??????

No, we are supposed to be discussing anything but what we are supposed to be discussing. Which causes me to discuss the very thing I wish to avoid, ahhhh....I need to get back to being off topic....

Oh, just like Paul in Romans 7:15-20. Paul gets a bit sidetracked in there too, just like us in this thread. I mean he's said it already once, and then he just keeps repeating what he just said, as if we didn't get it the first time. I guess sidetracked isn't the right word. He's being redundant. That is, repeating himself, saying the same thing a second and third time. Déjà vu all over again.

Posts 19691
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 10:41 PM | Locked

Russ Quinn:

Fruit flies when your having fun.

I think you mean "you're" not "your."

Anyway, that's no fun at all. When fruit flies at you, you're under attack. It's time for a course on Self-Defense Against Fresh Fruit.

Posts 19691
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 10:45 PM | Locked

George Somsel:

Rosie Perera:

There were no rapers in the Noah story. The rapers were in other parts of the OT. There was Amnon, the raper of Tamar, and various other rapers.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 2:42 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
Oh, just like Paul in Romans 7:15-20. Paul gets a bit sidetracked in there too, just like us in this thread. I mean he's said it already once, and then he just keeps repeating what he just said, as if we didn't get it the first time.

That's what you get when you get stoned to many times!

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 2:46 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
There were no rapers in the Noah story. The rapers were in other parts of the OT. There was Amnon, the raper of Tamar, and various other rapers.

I think you should go back to anagrams Rosie.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 19691
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 2:46 AM | Locked

Bob Pritchett:

Bob, I'm impressed that you actually caught up on this thread!  But you'll never stay on top of your work if you read it regularly. :-)

Alex Scott:

Rosie Perera:
Oh, just like Paul in Romans 7:15-20. Paul gets a bit sidetracked in there too, just like us in this thread. I mean he's said it already once, and then he just keeps repeating what he just said, as if we didn't get it the first time.

That's what you get when you get stoned to many times!

Are you suggesting that Paul smoked marijuana? ;-)

Posts 19691
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 2:52 AM | Locked

Alex Scott:

Rosie Perera:

I think you should go back to anagrams Rosie.

What do you mean "go back to anagrams"? It was an anagram. Rosie Perera = Or I see raper. (or if you prefer the text I was taking off from: "Or see rapier")  I won't tell you what else my name anagrams to. ;-)  If you start with my full name however (Rosie is just my nickname), including middle name, it anagrams to "more weariless prayer."  I like that!

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 2:55 AM | Locked

Ouch!!  Never mess with an anagrammar!  (Anagramer just doesn't look right)

Posts 19691
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 3:24 AM | Locked

Alex Scott:

Ouch!!  Never mess with an anagrammar!  (Anagramer just doesn't look right)

The correct term is anagrammatist. But I don't mind being called an anagrammar -- I am usually a stickler for grammar, so that fits. :-)

BTW, for anyone who likes anagrams, there is a great website called the Anagrammy Awards. I'm an active participant there, too. (You'd think I never did any real work! Well, I've got no deadlines at the moment.)  Some folks have done some amazing anagrams of biblical texts. Check out the literary archives by Richard Brodie. He's the one who has done the most good biblical anagrams. In fact, he and a friend of his co-published The Anagrammed Bible which is the entire books of Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon, anagrammed verse by verse. Richard has also turned the phrase "The God of Israel" into 2100 anagrams paraphrasing the entire Bible.

Maybe we should try to get The Anagrammed Bible into Logos format.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 3:38 AM | Locked

Bob Pritchett:

Your best bet for success is to ignore this thread. The video posted earlier summarizes the thread very well.

Page 16 of 34 (674 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS