Creating a budget and cancelling orders

Page 4 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 65 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 4:59 PM

Unix:
and I'm still negotiating the price on those two and Life in a Risen Saviour by Candlish.

I believe this was a free resource back in March.

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 6:29 PM

alabama24:

Unix:
My library is starting to get so big that I wonder whether I'll be able to read it!?

The benefit of a large library within Logos isn't the ability to read every book... It is the ability to perform a search on any given topic and getting better results. 

Amen

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 6:33 PM

Unix:

Got that baby on PP! Can't wait.

Posts 100
N/A | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 2:16 PM

bump! Anyone want to join the Faithlife group posted in the OP?

I thought that bumping this thread would be relevant right now as Logos has made adjustments to payment plan options two hours ago and people risk to take debt. Regarding base-packages, Unix generally doesn't recommend them, and there are very few viable options. Verbum Foundations+ and Biblical Languages are the best ones if choosing between the plague and cholera although I'm not sure what the latter costs (since it has to be purchased with Academic Discount and we can't see those prices). Core Datasets is decent. Minimal Crossgrade, Starter, Platinum (and higher of course) and higher Verbum base-packages (than Foundations+) are the worst base-packages. Neither me nor Unix recommend the NAC commentary set which is included in Silver (and Gold of course) but I understand some want it. Base-packages contain a lot of fluff: low-end resources that soon have to be replaced, secondary pastoral material, datasets with bias, a lot of Reverse Interlinears - all those cost a lot and add almost zero value - they could have been scaled back. It's a shame that You can't even drop Bible versions You won't use. I'm not saying base-packages don't contain anything valuable and usable, it's just that out of the entire content the resources and functionality needed just doesn't add up to the price-tag of the base-package. A smaller library is also much faster to work with - no constant indexing, faster whole-library searches, not needing to bother about the hiding tagging or making collections of many hundred books.

I don't have any base-package for this account and no-one who will use this account will ever start wanting one except perhaps Core Datasets. (No-one has started to use this account and it's hard to find anyone who is willing.)

Right now my big temptation is the UBS Translator's Handbook Old Testament (29 vols.) which additionally has the RSV and GNT English Bibles which I would also like to have, both of them. Have to consider if anyone who is likely to start using this account has any interest in the 38-book (DSS) Old Testament.

L2 Catholic new; Used: ODCC L5 Reformed Silver L6 Full Crossgrade; L6 Chinese Bronze new; L6 Ancient Literature Feature Expansion Collection (25 vols.) new, no dynamic pricing. Before packs had 100 books incl. AYBRL new

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 18 2014 1:25 PM

bump!
I now adjusted the setting for "Send group message" so that it's possible for all members in the group to send those! I didn't know about that setting, it might be the reason why no-one besides myself has posted.

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com
48G AMD octacore V9.2 Acc 11

Posts 207
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 1 2014 6:06 AM

Michael Childs:

Kendall Sholtess:

A perpetual enigma that rascal Desire

Haunting and pricking the fickle heart

To purchase what has not been budgeted for

It lights and entices and sets one's pocketbook afire

Oh how I wish to be rid of Desire!

Sad My, that is very good ...er... convicting.  Pardon my ignorance, but who wrote that?

I did. Smile

Page 4 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS