Book suggestion: Echoes of Scripture in the Letters of Paul (Richard B. Hayes)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18917
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:00 PM

Echoes of Scripture in the Letters of Paul (Richard B. Hayes, Yale University Press, 1993)

It's an excellent book on Paul's use of the Old Testament and would be great to have in Logos format.

I'm slighly biased, as the dedication in the front of this book ("George Hobson, σοφòς ἀρχιτέκτων") is to my uncle, who is a friend of the author!

Posts 2784
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 2:27 PM

Rosie Perera:

Echoes of Scripture in the Letters of Paul (Richard B. Hayes, Yale University Press, 1993)

It's an excellent book on Paul's use of the Old Testament and would be great to have in Logos format.

I'm slighly biased, as the dedication in the front of this book ("George Hobson, σοφòς ἀρχιτέκτων") is to my uncle, who is a friend of the author!

Ditto!Yes

I might as well add more books by Richard B. Hays to your request.  
  1. The Moral Vision of the New Testament: Community, Cross, New Creation, A Contemporary Introduction to New Testament Ethics by Richard B. Hays
  2. The Conversion of the Imagination: Paul As Interpreter of Israel's Scripture by Richard B. Hays
  3. The Faith of Jesus Christ: The Narrative Substructure of Galatians 3:1-4:11 (The Biblical Resource Series) by Richard B. Hays and Luke Timothy Johnson

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 2:39 PM

Rosie Perera:

Nepotism !  Do you get a share in the royalties ?  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2784
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 2:52 PM

George Somsel:
/quote]

George, you are killing me with laughter! Lol.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 18917
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 9 2010 7:40 PM

George Somsel:

Rosie Perera:

I wish! I don't even get royalties from NICOT/NICOT -- if you have it do a search in your library for "Rosie Perera" Smile  I was one of a group of Bruce Waltke's students whom he invited over to his house a couple of times to help him proofread his Proverbs commentary. I proofread chapter 8, checked the Scripture references in all its footnotes, etc. He ordered out for pizza for us, and we all got mentioned in the acknowledgements. Fun!

Posts 13407
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 4:47 AM

If this was available now, you'd just have made a sale. Instead I've just had to buy the dead-tree version.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS