Again Force Quits for Logos on Mac

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10889
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 1:52 PM

Jonathan Sine:
Can we get a fix on this?

Unfortunately, this bug seems to be rather random. So far, the Logos developers have reported trouble reproducing this. We need to document our actions that preceded the freeze and faithfully include logs. Sooner or later, someone will surely include something that pinpoints the problem.

Having said all that, there is also the very real possibility that not all freezes have the same cause Sad

Posts 60
David Bergquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 8:02 PM

I still do not understand why Logos is the only program with this issue.

The brakes on a Honda are not the same as those on a Ford,

but they are much more alike than they are different.  

Do any of you have the freeze problem with programs other than Logos ?

Do any of you have a quit problem with programs other than Logos ?

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 12:43 AM

Jack Caviness:

Unfortunately, this bug seems to be rather random. So far, the Logos developers have reported trouble reproducing this. We need to document our actions that preceded the freeze and faithfully include logs. Sooner or later, someone will surely include something that pinpoints the problem.

Jack,

I have set up to try to capture the freeze for the last 2 weeks ... unfortunately / fortunately ... I do not have any freeze since the last one I reported Smile

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 10889
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 4:03 AM

David Bergquist:

That may be because Logos is the only program that synchs with the cloud prior to shutting down.

David

I went back and re-read every post in this thread and in the two you referenced earlier, but I do not feel any more educated on this issue than before reading them Sad. I do not know why my freezes ceased and really can't pinpoint the time when they stopped. That is one problem with random crashes. You don't remember the last time it happened when they suddenly cease.

For the record. My machine is a 2013 iMac. Haven't used my MBP since receiving an iPad for Christmas. Several years ago, a database application encountered serious problems when the computer was allowed to sleep. Since then, I have always set my machines to have insomnia. Switched from a 2005/6 Mac Pro to the iMac a few months ago. Memory may be faulty, but I do not remember a freeze since the switch.

Posts 2895
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 8:32 AM

Jack Caviness:

David Bergquist:

That may be because Logos is the only program that synchs with the cloud prior to shutting down.

That seems likely. I hadn't seen this issue much at all lately. Just updated my MBPro and first time I ran it after update it happened. I am at a coffee shop with spotty Internet speed. Today it's worse than usual and rally slow. May be that Logos timed out looking to sync on shut down and just crashed. It was also indexing at the time and the Indexing quit at 99% and stayed there forever and I had to go into Activity Monitor to force quite the indexer too.

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2013 8:07 PM

LimJK:

I have set up to try to capture the freeze for the last 2 weeks ... unfortunately / fortunately ... I do not have any freeze since the last one I reported Smile

I spoke too soonSad ... I started Logos 5.1a SR1 ... it started to downloaded something ... stop at 24% for a long time, I decided to cancel download to restart Logos 5 ... hoping that that will clear up.  Ended up have to Force Quit.  Hopefully the Log can be of some use.

8662.LogosLogs.LimJK.20130910-095517.zip

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS