BUG: Reading Plan Export to iCal (Logos 5.2 SR-1)

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1
Tim Byer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 7:08 PM

I'm having a similar issue... my reading plan shows the TITLE in ALL days except for FRIDAY.  On Friday, it will show the passage list.

Any workaround on this issue yet?

Posts 3
JOSHUA D WHITMAN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 2:07 PM

yes, i also have this issue.

On sunday and mondays it displays the text to read. 

on the other days of the week it only tells me what plan i have.

still hoping this will be fixed.

josh

Posts 3
JOSHUA D WHITMAN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 2:14 PM

ISSUE FIX:

I have found a quick solution:

When you have selected the type of plan you want Click on the top left corner (the symbol with the number 7 on a Calendar, I have the MAC version of Logos).

Click on Print/Export.

Save file as "iCalendar".

Once you have saved the file to your computer, open iCal.

Click File/Import.

Make sure you save it to an existing calendar.

Hope that helps. It worked perfectly for me.

Josh

Posts 3
JOSHUA D WHITMAN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 2:18 PM

ISSUE FIX:

I have found a quick solution:

When you have selected the type of plan you want Click on the top left corner (the symbol with the number 7 on a Calendar, I have the MAC version of Logos).

Click on Print/Export.

Save file as "iCalendar".

Once you have saved the file to your computer, open iCal.

Click File/Import.

Make sure you save it to an existing calendar.

Hope that helps. It worked perfectly for me.

Josh

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 2:55 PM

I have managed to get it to work!!! Big Smile

I followed your instructions and then tried the export to iCal from Logos, this time is worked and filled in all Sundays' references

Your method does work but with a few draw-backs, the reading are put into iCal as all-day events and they also don't repeat the bible references in the "Note" section of iCal when the event is double clicked.

This shouldn't be an issue for most users, but I have a complex reading plan and on some days the references are truncated in the  iCal event as they are too long. I was normally able to circumvent this by looking at the notes for the ical event where the references used to listed in full, but not with your method.

Posts 2
Gene Pensiero Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:07 AM

yeah, that work around does work but with drawbacks as Tony pointed out.

here's my specific problem with the All-Day events...

what i'm doing is designing a reading plan in Logos, then sending it to Calendar (iCal), which feeds a calendar on our church website. the calendar on the website is a popular and well developed plugin for wordpress. unfortunately, All-Day Events span 2 days in that calendar for some reason. when i followed up with the plugin creators, they blamed OSX, so no luck there.

so, even though the Print>Export workaround works, my specific situation required a different workaround.

here's what i did:

1. make your reading plan in Logos

2. do the work around Joshua detailed (exporting from the print window)

3. import the .ics file into Calendar

4. download CaliBrate (shareware that has a nag screen for a donation, but works even with the free download) http://www.woodenbrain.com/products/calibrate/calibrate.html

5. Search for all events within the 12am to 12am timeframe (assuming you have your reading plan on a separate calendar from your personal schedule) and make sure you have the 'Include all-day events' box selected.

6. click Act on CaliBrate

7. under Perform Action select Modify All Day Event

8. select Toggle all-day

9. click Perform Action

it will go through and change your all day events to a simple 1 hour event. you can then shift the times individually or all at once using CaliBrate.

not a clean fix, but a fix nonetheless. hope it helps someone.

Posts 3187
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2014 4:29 PM

Development was unable to replicate the behavior consistently but believe the problem lies within a bug in an Apple APII. We are still investigating a possible fix for a future release. 

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2014 5:29 AM

After applying Apple's security fix to my iMac today I tested the Logos export to iCal function and it now appears to be working ( or for me it is ). Can someone confirm this?

Tony

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 28 2014 9:09 PM

I can confirm that the issue has been fixed on my end after the recent OSX security fix. Hope others are having the same experience. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS