Video card keeps crashing with Proclaim

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Ryan Chandler | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 25 2014 9:46 AM

Everything seems to function properly for a short time, maybe 5 minutes, but then the computer freezes for about 10 seconds and then I get a notice that my video card crashed and was restored. Occasionally the computer is unable to restore the video card and stays frozen, in which case, I must reboot.  There doesn't seem to be a particular function that I do every time to cause it to crash-it may crash just sitting there. I haven't had this difficulty with any other program I am running, including cloud-based programs such as google drive. 

Here are my specs:

Intel Core i7 CPU   950 @ 3.06 GHz

RAM 8 GB

64-Bit Operating System

GeForce GTX 550 Ti

From the ProclaimError log:

Program Version: 1.20 (1.20.0.0015)
Time: 2014-01-25 11:22:10 -06:00 (2014-01-25T17:22:10Z)
Error building request (POST http://touchpointslog.logos.com/v2/Events).
System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The request was canceled. ---> System.IO.IOException: Cannot close stream until all bytes are written.
at System.Net.ConnectStream.CloseInternal(Boolean internalCall, Boolean aborting)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.ConnectStream.CloseInternal(Boolean internalCall, Boolean aborting)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.System.Net.ICloseEx.CloseEx(CloseExState closeState)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at System.IO.Stream.Close()
at System.IO.Stream.Dispose()
at Libronix.Utility.Net.WebServiceRequestBase`1.GetResponse(IWorkState workState)

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2014 12:51 PM

This does not sound like a Proclaim-specific issue. Try updating you video card drivers. 

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2014 8:10 AM

The technology that Proclaim uses on Windows (WPF) uses your video card extensively. We have seen issues like you describe with outdated video drivers. Updating the drivers has resolved the issue.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS