Want to utilize public domain Logos books better someday?

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 171
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 15 2014 2:12 PM

I saw the EB (Encyclopedia Britannica) on Community Pricing. I read what was posted there. Does the announcement prominently point out this is the 1911 edition. Perhaps it does and I missed it.

But here is the thing--if memory serves me correctly, it is the 1911 edition that is treasured by students of the Bible because many articles about the Bible were written by Bible scholars we still recognize, including B. B. Warfield and many others. If my recollection is correct, then this should be a major reason for wanting that set.

The EB in that edition becomes a valuable Bible study tool, even if it is more than 100 years old.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 15 2014 9:24 PM

Jerome Smith:
Does the announcement prominently point out this is the 1911 edition. Perhaps it does and I missed it

In the "Overview" section, starting with the second paragraph, it is clearly stated.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 19689
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 16 2014 2:17 AM

Jerome Smith:

But here is the thing--if memory serves me correctly, it is the 1911 edition that is treasured by students of the Bible because many articles about the Bible were written by Bible scholars we still recognize, including B. B. Warfield and many others. If my recollection is correct, then this should be a major reason for wanting that set.

The EB in that edition becomes a valuable Bible study tool, even if it is more than 100 years old.

That is helpful information. It should be mentioned in the product description page.

It's available online free here.

A Google search within that site did not find any articles by B. B. Warfield, but maybe they aren't attributed?

Here's an example of a theologically rich entry, though (it does cite Warfield in its bibliography, which is how I stumbled upon it): Pelagius (Theologian)

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS