Inheritance

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 687
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 4 2014 9:23 AM

Rather in the frame of the "Church licence?" issue - what is the situation regarding the licence for the software and the "books bought" when the licensee dies.

Can it be bequethed

Personally I think it should as this would happen to a physical library and this format is "supposed" to be - so much better.

And in many ways is - but what about this one!

Shalom Kevin

Posts 885
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 9:40 AM

Kevin,  good news!  You certainly may bequeath your Logos Library (IE the book licenses).  It has been discussed many times on the forums (here for instance but codified HERE in a Logos blog).  Contact customer support, and they can go over the process with you.

--Bro. Mark

"I read dead people..."

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 9:42 AM

Kevin A Lewis:
Can it be bequethed

Logos does charge an administrative fee of $25USD per transaction for the license transfer. That is, per transaction, not per resource. That is, you can transfer an entire library for $25. Might be prudent to inform Logos of the planned license transfer prior to the death of the license holder.

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 11:43 AM

Jack Caviness:
Logos does charge an administrative fee of $25USD per transaction for the license transfer.

Did this change? I thought it was $20.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 12:01 PM

I suppose the other option is to leave your logos username and password to someone in your will...

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 2:13 PM

Jack Caviness:

Kevin A Lewis:
Can it be bequethed

Logos does charge an administrative fee of $25USD per transaction for the license transfer. That is, per transaction, not per resource. That is, you can transfer an entire library for $25. Might be prudent to inform Logos of the planned license transfer prior to the death of the license holder.

The license transfer fee is $20, but we generally make an exception in the case of bequeathing a library. 

If possible, let us know who you'd like to transfer your license to ahead of time so we can make note of that and smooth the transfer process.

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 6:27 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Jack Caviness:
Logos does charge an administrative fee of $25USD per transaction for the license transfer.

You are correct. Now my star is tarnished Embarrassed

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 6:36 AM

Jack Caviness:

Here. Clean it up.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 5:33 PM

Jack Caviness:

Bruce Dunning:

Jack Caviness:

It still shines bright to me! Idea

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS