I vote that ALL development stop on L4Win...

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:50 AM

Until we at least have a Beta of L4Mac, then we let them have a couple of developers back. All in favor?

Posts 23
Kevin Nicholas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:52 AM

just another reason of why NOT to have an apple product. Wink

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:56 AM

Kevin Nicholas:
just another reason of why NOT to have an apple product. Wink

I'm sorry, did you say something? I was busy using L4 on my iPhone and wasn't paying attention. Stick out tongue

Posts 727
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:58 AM

Terry,

There are two different teams of developers working on Windows and Mac products. Stopping Windows won't add any developers to the Mac team.

Spending more money on Logos resources might Wink

Chris

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:02 AM

I think I read somewhere that they recently moved a couple of developers who were proficient in both platforms from the Windows group to the Mac group.

From what I understand, the development of the two platforms are so closely integrated that suspending Windows development would slow down Mac development instead of speeding it up.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:03 AM

Chris Elford:

There are two different teams of developers working on Windows and Mac products. Stopping Windows won't add any developers to the Mac team.

Spending more money on Logos resources might Wink

Chris I know and the chances of the people who normally work on Windows being good enough to program for the Mac is pretty slim, but at least they could run get the Mac guys Coffee and donuts. I am in a fairly whimsical mood today, and was just looking forward to the day when I can remove bootcamp from my machine.

Posts 727
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:09 AM

Terry,

It is hard to run for coffee when you are covered in bubble wrap. But with the long extension cord you could make it right there.

Posts 3752
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:18 AM

Terry Poperszky:
Until we at least have a Beta of L4Mac

It be more cost effective to buy the Mac guys real computers.

Stick out tongueWink

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:20 AM

Bill Stonebraker:

It be more cost effective to buy the Mac guys real computers.

Stick out tongueWink

I'm pretty sure all the Mac guys are developing on Mac machines.

What would be interesting to know is how many of the Windows developers are also developing on Mac machines.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:27 AM

Russ Quinn:
What would be interesting to know is how many of the Windows developers are also developing on Mac machines.

Any that can!!!

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:39 AM

I'm wondering just how many more resources could have been completed, and how much farther along Logos 4 would be if they wouldn't have decided to develop for the Mac.  Logos began as a windows application. Where is the thankfullness from the Mac camp? Are Mac users even Christian?

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:46 AM

Hmmmm....  Let's see....  Let's ask Logos to stop development on the OS that 90% market [Windows] share for full steam development on the OS that has 5% market share [Mac]....  Ummm yeah that's a great business plan and I'm sure all those Windows Logos users will be peachy about that deal.  Especially because they outnumber Mac users 18 to 1 and they bought an OS that has had Logos running fine from the jump...

Ummm not so much...  Might be more expedient to get a PC and install Logos 4 on it until the Mac version gets even close to speed.  After all you get all versions of L4 when you purchase one.  Hey you might even come to realize that there is a reason why Mac only has 5% market share....  Other than being pretty and over priced they just don't cut it....Just sayin'

Just in case it wasn't clear my vote was a no for this nervy proposol....

Logos 5, Windows & Android perfect together....

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:46 AM

Russ Quinn:
I'm pretty sure all the Mac guys are developing on Mac machines.
True, but they are forced to use Dell monitors Sad

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:17 AM

Given the topic, people are being really nice on this thread.  I know it was all said in fun, but pitting pc's against apples like this can often erupt in flames. Lightning

But just to vote, I mostly like my apples coated in apple dip (cream cheese and brown sugar), mmmmm.  Unless we are taking a break for apples and apple dip, I vote for continued development of pc version.  

Posts 40
Brandon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:28 AM

Perhaps we should suggest that the number a developers should reflect the ratio of PC's to Mac's: 9 PC developers for every 1 Mac Developer. Big Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:34 AM

RobertGMettler:
Where is the thankfullness from the Mac camp? Are Mac users even Christian?

WoW Robert! .........Can we add a smiley face to that?  It is almost scary benough to be taken literally....

Smile Surprise Stick out tongue Indifferent Big Smile Hmm Confused Lightning Angry Devil .......................................Automobile Cool

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3752
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:36 AM

BrandonBlumberg:

Perhaps we should suggest that the number a developers should reflect the ratio of PC's to Mac's: 9 PC developers for every 1 Mac Developer. Big Smile

Now that's what I'm talking about... just sayin' .... Big SmileWink

All kidding aside, the tech pundits are wondering if 2010 is going to be the year of the mac...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3752
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:41 AM

RobertGMettler:

I'm wondering just how many more resources could have been completed, and how much farther along Logos 4 would be if they wouldn't have decided to develop for the Mac. 

Bob has answered before, "None." Two different teams.

RobertGMettler:
Where is the thankfullness from the Mac camp? Are Mac users even Christian?

Seems like a pretty harsh statement to make, since we aren't supposed to judge... what's going on in your life?

Bill
Neither a Mac nor a PC (tech agnostic, if you will)... just want the most affordable/best product I can get for the things I use computers for.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:51 AM

Bill Stonebraker:
All kidding aside, the tech pundits are wondering if 2010 is going to be the year of the mac...

Tech pundits predicting Macs will morph into PCs?

Improvements made to the Mac so far include:

Dumped the Motorola CPU - it couldn't run Windows.
Added color video - so you can see the 4 color Windows logo
Added SuperDisk drives capable of reading PC floppies
Separated the monitor & computer - like a PC
Added USB, IDE, PCI - like PCs have
Dumped the MacOS for an X-based operating system
BootCamp & Parallels so you can run Windows on it.
Now running Intel based chips so you can boot Windows on it.
Would it be easier just to buy a PC?    WooHoo!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 11:07 AM

Sorry about the bold reply.  The forum app. made me do it. I don't use smileys, I find them too cutsey. Read what you want to into my comments. I just wish that the Mac fans wouldn't be so insufferable. I guess they would like eveyone to be a miserable as they are.

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS