Restoration Movement Base Package

Page 5 of 6 (110 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 109 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2015 4:33 PM

Gabe Martini (Faithlife):
Thanks everyone for these suggestions. We will look into how we can better serve our Restoration movement users.

Any news?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8
Kent Berman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 4 2016 6:35 AM

I also am interested in seeing Restoration Movement resources added. 

Posts 681
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 4 2016 8:06 AM

YesYes

Welcome to the forums, Kent!

Posts 681
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 4 2016 8:07 AM

Super.Tramp:

Gabe Martini (Faithlife):
Thanks everyone for these suggestions. We will look into how we can better serve our Restoration movement users.

Any news?

YesYes

Posts 8
Kent Berman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 2 2017 3:07 PM

Are we there yet? J

Posts 37
Justin Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2019 7:51 AM

Doesn't look like much has changed... I'm bumping this thread, though, as I would love to see more Restoration Movement ressources published, even a base package!

Publishers: CollegePress, ACU Press, 21st Century Christian, Montex (or whoever publishes Jim McGuiggan's commentaries these days).

Posts 35547
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2019 3:38 PM

You left out Standard Publishing with whom FL does have a relationship.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1
Paul Lewsader | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2019 1:50 AM

Almost 2020 and still does not appear to be much traction...

Posts 8
Kent Berman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2020 4:19 PM

With the Faithlife acquisition of WORDsearch, Gospel Advocate commentaries are now available in Logos! 

Posts 35547
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2020 4:24 PM

Paul Lewsader:

Almost 2020 and still does not appear to be much traction...

Warren has been released in Logos format ... add in some from Wordsearch and FL is close to having enough resources for a base package.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8
Kent Berman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2020 5:15 PM

Do you have a listing of "restoration" resources now available in Logos due to this? I saw McGarvey's sermons...

Posts 14
Levi Sisemore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 4:43 AM

Kent, are you seeing these for sale now or just saying that these are now in the stable, someday to be processed? "Gospel Advocate" doesn't presently return any search results for me.

Posts 47
Stanton See | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 12:19 PM

The Coffman commentaries are ready for pre-order.  I have searched for the Gospel Advocate commentaries to try to help Levi, but were unable to find them.  I already had them through Wordsearch, so I looked at the information panel to see I could find anything that could help locate them.  According to the information panel, they are copyrighted by Wordsearch.  The title for the GA commentary on First Corinthians is W7-3257 GAC - 1 Corinthians; for Acts it is W7-3259 - Acts.  I also noticed that the name for Lipscomb (the correct spelling) is spelled Liscomb.

Posts 993
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 1:49 PM

I started a special piggy bank and named it "Logos Investments"....  So I'm getting ready... Geeked

I would add to the list Truth for Today Commentaries by Eddie Cloer and bunch. Some of the best commentaries imho.

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Posts 708
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2021 8:52 AM

MJ. Smith:

By this logical, Catholics should have been the first to have a package. Smile But it's not that simple:

1. If a theological stream has their own software whether officially or via a publisher it is harder to get cooperation from the publishers and harder to build a market.
  2. If a denomination has a single, or very few publishers, if that publisher is anxious to work with you, it is easy to build a market up quickly.
  3. If a theological stream has publishers who won't "play nice" with each other (I won't license mine to be in a package with theirs), it is difficult to build up marketable packages.
  4. If a theological stream is divided into many little rivulets and the market is fiercely loyal to their own rivulet, it is difficult to build packages of reasonable size that won't contain too much "offensive" or useless material.

Thanks for explaining this MJ.

Where are we at with Church of Christ/Restoration resources?

I am trying to build a library that is as diverse as possible, and either I don't have anything that is Church of Christ, or I don't know that it is Church of Christ.

Even if we don't have a package, could we have a subforum? Maybe a few resources pushed through pre-pub a little quicker to get things started? Or are any of the above listed issues just too insurmountable for Logos to navigate?

Posts 418
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2021 9:35 AM

Here are the Gospel Advocate NT Commentaries 

Gospel Advocate Complete New Testament Commentary (14 vols.) | Logos Bible Software

Posts 708
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2021 5:43 PM

Thanks James and Kent,

Is there enough published to create a package?

Is this a practical idea to be discussing? Logos can only spread itself too thin. Just because I want something doesn't mean Logos should do it. And they should do a whole lot of stuff that I have no interest in. But for the body of Christ, is this a needed resource that is overdue?

For other denominations, I have been able to just buy a library or package. When I start, I have no idea what I don't know. When I wade in, I find such amazing things in each each that I would have never known to look for.

I think I know enough to know that I have a hole in my library that I need to fill elsewhere if I cannot fill it here. But I cannot even ask about outside resources here. I am not complaining! This is on the church, all of it, not Logos, in a complicated web of mess. Logos is not the center or even a leading player in this mess.

I'm just rambling a bit from the perspective of a student, trying to learn about ALL of the church, and hoping to quote bits of all of it in my papers. The church is a body with no members less important than the others, right?

Are there any other large groups of the church not represented with a package in Logos?

Posts 35547
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2021 8:27 PM

Kathleen Marie:
Are there any other large groups of the church not represented with a package in Logos?

Certainly:

• Coptic Christians
  • Church of the East
  • Moravian/Waldensian/Hussite
  • Anabaptists
  • Quakers
  • Uniting/United
  • Old Believers
  • Unitarian/Universalist
  • Swedenborgian
  • Church of Latter Day Saints
  • Esoteric Christiantiy (Gnostic)
  • Syncretic

Some forum members will object to some of my groups -- others will offer subdivisions or additional groups

Posts 708
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2021 9:34 PM

Thank you for this list. I need this list to be too long, rather than too short. I don't know what I don't know.

My library has nothing Anabaptist right now. I need to rectify that immediately. It is so easy to just use what is currently the most handy.

Some of these other groups are completely new to me and need some investigation. Some groups I recognize and don't need my attention right. Others I needed to be reminded of. Like Anabaptist. Thanks!

Page 5 of 6 (110 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS