BUG?:Slow slide/items transitions/motions this Sunday

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 22
Marc Rickabaugh | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 20 2014 8:02 AM

With the most recent update to Proclaim, I experienced a good bit of latency with my presentation for worship on Sunday. We use a new iMac with OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks), Airplaying to an Apple TV. We rarely had problems before, but we the new update, we are having slow song slide transitions, slow/stopping song motions, and slow item transitions.

Just FYI.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 20 2014 11:32 AM

I tested your most recent presentation on the most recent Proclaim update (1.24.524) and the previous version (1.24.522) and I could not detect any noticeable difference in performance. I did run into a bit of lag in one situation when I was walking through a song item with a large number of slides; Whenever I was walking through a long song and the timeline at the bottom of the screen had to refresh (move to the next set of visible slides) there would be a slight delay. Is this an issue that you were running into? Or were all transitions noticeably slower? 

Posts 22
Marc Rickabaugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 20 2014 11:54 AM

My worship presentation guy says, "It was definitely during the songs that I experienced lags in performance. That’s tough to judge though, as during the sermon, the slides aren’t changed as quickly.  So during that part of the presentation, the computer and software are able to keep pace. We have had these same songs in the past without the same issue.  For example, “Rise and Sing” was where I had the most issue on Sunday.  We have used that same slide deck in the past without the lag we had on Sunday."

On the song he mentioned, I remember a moment when the lag was so slow, the motion background actually stopped moving for about 2-3 seconds.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 21 2014 9:47 AM

Okay so it sounds like something similar to what I was describing in my previous post. I will create a bug report here shortly.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS