Page 5 of 6 (106 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 105 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 9:22 AM

Daniel R. Smith:
Question, if I go ahead with the 6 engine upgrade, will I later be able to purchase the extended cross-grade? Or should I downgrade to 5.2 and then cross-grade when I can?

Using Logos 6 won't affect your purchase in any way.

Posts 26954
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 6:33 PM

Jerry Bush:

Thanks, Bradley.

I am running 5.3 but changed my settings to stable versions. I assume I don't need to switch it back to beta to get this, correct? 

Jerry

I know that he said only to check for updates, but it's a good question.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9147
LogosEmployee

Jerry Bush:

I am running 5.3 but changed my settings to stable versions. I assume I don't need to switch it back to beta to get this, correct? 

Correct; we'll make it download to 5.3 on both channels.

Posts 9
Bob Lozano | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 6:49 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Thank you all again for your feedback on this decision. I'm happy to announce that we will be delivering the free Logos 6 engine to all 5.3 beta testers as a small "thank you" for helping test the new 5.3 code (that forms part of the foundation of Logos 6).

Well done - nice recovery / save!

Have a blessed week, hope the next phase of the launch goes well.

- Bob

Posts 81
Daniel R. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:25 AM

Thanks Mark.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Posts 769
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:42 PM

Jerry Bush:

Correct; we'll make it download to 5.3 on both channels.

Thank you Bradley. I look forward to checking it out!

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 9147
LogosEmployee

I will post back here when it is available.

6.0 should now be downloading (as of 11:15am PST) via automatic updates to all 5.3 beta computers.

Posts 915
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 12:16 PM

6.0 should now be downloading (as of 11:15am PST) via automatic updates to all 5.3 beta computers.

Hi Bradley,

I just finished installing it - no problems.  

THANK YOU so much for this generous gift.

Posts 1506
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 2:53 PM

Tim Hensler:

I just finished installing it - no problems.  

THANK YOU so much for this generous gift.

+1 THANKS!

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 3:51 PM

FYI

After download and clicking to allow the install, the setup program just cycled in the background. After switching User accounts and shutting down L5 in the other user account, the setup program began to work.

Steps:

1. Had L5 running in another User account
  2. In user account with L5.3 Beta, clicked to allow download
  3. after download, clicked to allow install
  4. L6 setup runs in background using a lot of CPU cycles, but Nothing happening
    Taskmanager shows the L5 user account with not cpu usage, it also shows the L6
    user %age pretty high.
  5. switched to the L5 user account and shut down L5
  6. switched back to L6 user account and setup has finally put up the window asking did i want to allow Setup to run.
  7. Setup downloads .Net 4.52 framework. and proceeds to run.

P.S. there never has been a notification icon showing

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 9147
LogosEmployee

steve clark:
After download and clicking to allow the install, the setup program just cycled in the background. After switching User accounts and shutting down L5 in the other user account, the setup program began to work.

I just experienced this on a test machine the other day.

Since running Logos simultaneously in two user accounts on the same machine is not a common scenario (and has a simple, though non-obvious, workaround), we don't plan to investigate this bug further at the moment.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 6:43 PM

Since running Logos simultaneously in two user accounts on the same machine is not a common scenario

i understand. But this is more probable scenario since it is a beta, so i thought that i might give a heads up to others. Thus why i use the fyi approach.

Thank you Bradley and Faithlife for allowing us beta users early access to the free engine!

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 6:53 PM

Would the solution/workaround be to just sign out of both accounts until after the upgrade?

BTW: I didn't know that scenario was possible.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 6:33 AM

Yes Erwin, just have one logged in account (The current one being upgraded).

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 769
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 7:39 AM

I really appreciate this, Bradley.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 7:45 AM

TCBlack:

Yes Erwin, just have one logged in account (The current one being upgraded).

Thanks TC; The question that I asked does not apply to me, as I only have 1 Logos account and have L6. I was just shocked to hear that it was possible to simultaneously log into Logos with 2 accounts. I didn't know that was even possible. Smile

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 8:12 AM

Hi ELS,

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
I was just shocked to hear that it was possible to simultaneously log into Logos with 2 accounts

i was not speaking of 2 Logos accounts, but 2 windows login User accounts on the same computer. A single computer can have a number of user login accounts. This is usually for when more than one person uses the same computer. But in my case (also as suggested in the Logos Beta warning thread) i  have 3 window's user accounts: one with L4 , one with L5, and now one with L6.

Logos doesn't allow the installation of more than one Logos version in the same window's user account. Thus when we setup more than one window's user account we can install a different version of Logos Bible Software. (it does take up significantly more space on your computer's hard-drive).

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 8:19 AM

Hah.  Yes. Many of us regular beta testers have separate user accounts on our machine with various incarnations of Logos.  

Myself, I have Libronix in a virtual machine, Logos 4 in a virtual machine. Logos 5 gold in a separate account, Logos 6 in my primary account.  

When L6 starts to beta, I'll probably create another for it (or not I haven't made up my mind.)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:12 AM

steve clark:

Hi ELS,

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
I was just shocked to hear that it was possible to simultaneously log into Logos with 2 accounts

i was not speaking of 2 Logos accounts, but 2 windows login User accounts on the same computer. A single computer can have a number of user login accounts. This is usually for when more than one person uses the same computer. But in my case (also as suggested in the Logos Beta warning thread) i  have 3 window's user accounts: one with L4 , one with L5, and now one with L6.

Logos doesn't allow the installation of more than one Logos version in the same window's user account. Thus when we setup more than one window's user account we can install a different version of Logos Bible Software. (it does take up significantly more space on your computer's hard-drive).

I misunderstood. Surprise

I understand now. My approach has been to use the backup method and an alternate machine or 2 (just in case). I have kept the beta on my primary (and only) account. I probably will use this more standardize (and most likely safer) approach of a separate stripped down account in the future.

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:20 AM

TCBlack:

Hah.  Yes. Many of us regular beta testers have separate user accounts on our machine with various incarnations of Logos.  

Myself, I have Libronix in a virtual machine, Logos 4 in a virtual machine. Logos 5 gold in a separate account, Logos 6 in my primary account.  

When L6 starts to beta, I'll probably create another for it (or not I haven't made up my mind.)

Good setup. It's time for me to stop being a rebel and join the standard methods of beta testing. Lol

Most likely will continue to use multiple machines though. Smile

Page 5 of 6 (106 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS