BUG: LogosCEF not responding

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Gavin Anthony | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 24 2014 8:07 AM

Hello! Just been on to technical support and they asked me to load my log file here. I thought I was having a problem with the Yosemite issue, but they think it maybe something different. Downloading seems to hang regularly with either the LogosIndexer or LogosCEF not responding. Sometimes it will download a few percent, but then go back to zero. This is still happening even with a fresh download of 6.0a. Thanks! Gavin ps Not sure if the log is loading....

Posts 304
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 10:22 AM

The issue with LogosCEF not responding is a generally a cosmetic issue as Bradley mentioned. LogosCEF is not used by the Indexer, which is responsible for downloading resources and updates. Have you tried following Mark's directions for enabling the newer download APIs? If you are still having issues, please enable logging and attach your logs.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 18
Gavin Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 6:01 AM

Yes, I have followed Mark's instructions and a fresh install of 6.0a. I noticed since 6.0a that I now get 2 copies of LogosCEF which run at the same time, one of which hangs. But the indexer is also hanging. However, when it hangs seems to be random. I have been running the logger but can't seem to upload the files using the paperclip icon.

3225.LogosLogs.Gavin.20141124-155816.zip

2043.LogosLogs.Gavin.20141124-163056.zip

3821.LogosLogs.Gavin.20141124-174251.zip

Posts 304
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 8:08 AM

Gavin Anthony:
I noticed since 6.0a that I now get 2 copies of LogosCEF which run at the same time, one of which hangs.

There will be one instance of LogosCEF for each web-based feature that you are using, so having more than one is not unexpected.

Gavin Anthony:
But the indexer is also hanging. However, when it hangs seems to be random.

Looking at your logs, I notice that the Indexer is still using the old download APIs based on the message "Currently using NSURLDownload for downloads". When the new download APIs are enabled, the message should be "Currently using NSURLSession for downloads".

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 18
Gavin Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 2:23 PM

Tech support has sorted it out—finally discovered it was a corrupted database! Thanks guys for your great help!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS