NEW Journal bundles are here

Page 2 of 5 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 94 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 11:29 AM

Kevin A Lewis:
Yes - but it is only a mere handful of the those available during the publishing run of the journal.

Oh,  thanks for educating me.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 12:07 PM

The TJL Upgrade Bundle is missing a few journals.  Anyway to add JETS, Tyndale Bulletin, Westminster, and Trinity Journal, just to name a few?

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 12:58 PM

I think - based on skim reading another journals thread - that Logos hasn't manged to agree a licensing deal with the publishers of these journals at this time. Some journals have exclusive agreements with certain (other) distributors, so it may take a while for Logos to get these! 

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 1:08 PM

I'm thrilled to have the chance to buy some more journals. Its clear a lot of work went into this, and I am appreciative. 

However I do notice a few notable omissions.

New To You - can't emphasize this one enough :)
Southeastern Theological Review
all but one issue of Southerns Journal, 
Tabletalk. 
JETS (even though I have the 42 volume edition already). 

Other than that though (and again its a small thing, hoping you get the rights to the rest in time) I am quite happy.

I signed up for the pre-pub of the master journal bundle.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 3192
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 1:27 PM

Westminster, Masters, Jets- just mention a few- I think a few to many bridges got burned.

Posts 1434
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 2:09 PM

Seems like the progress of gathering interest moves slowly, what if it would to stuck for years?

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 981
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 3:43 PM

So all the old TJL sets have been removed...and we have a TJL upgrade bundle which doesn't actually include everything that was in the TJL bundles...only what Logos has subsequently licensed?

https://www.logos.com/product/46387/tjl-upgrade-bundle

https://www.logos.com/product/33619/theological-journal-library-vols-1-15

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 3:56 PM

Tom Reynolds:

So all the old TJL sets have been removed...and we have a TJL upgrade bundle which doesn't actually include everything that was in the TJL bundles...only what Logos has subsequently licensed?

https://www.logos.com/product/46387/tjl-upgrade-bundle

https://www.logos.com/product/33619/theological-journal-library-vols-1-15

In a nutshell, yes. 

Posts 1836
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 4:07 PM

Mike Tourangeau:

Are these tagged to appear in the journal section of the passage guide?

The plan is to bring our journal label tagging to all journals. I'm pretty sure everything in these bundles will be tagged by the time they ship, but I can't promise that without confirming with the content production team. I'll check and confirm.

Posts 1836
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 4:12 PM

Kevin A Lewis:
do we have to wait for them all to be ready - and when will this be.

We don't plan to ship these until they are complete. We may not wait until they are fully funded like we typically do with Pre-Pubs. We want to get them to you all as soon as possible. I'm afraid I can't give a complete date estimate right now. Assuming they are well received and get lots of pre-orders, I'd guess they could ship in 4–6 months. But please don't quote me on that. :)

Kevin A Lewis:
Numbers of journals have "article citations" in the information pane - but many seem not to - can these be enhanced to include them please!

They all should, eventually. I'm not sure if they all will when the Pre-Pubs ship, but I'll check with the team to see if we can make that happen.

Posts 1836
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 4:14 PM

Super.Tramp:

Kevin A Lewis:

Oh yes and the  Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society (JETS)

seems a notable omission

Shalom

It is available separately here:

Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society (42 vols.)

That's the Galaxie version. It's high on our list to license directly from the rights holders.

Posts 18704
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 4:16 PM

Phil Gons:

Kevin A Lewis:
Numbers of journals have "article citations" in the information pane - but many seem not to - can these be enhanced to include them please!

They all should, eventually. I'm not sure if they all will when the Pre-Pubs ship, but I'll check with the team to see if we can make that happen.

I think I speak for a lot of users when I say we would rather have all the tagging done before a product ships than get it earlier without the tagging and have to wait for an update for it to be really useful. I know that seems counter to Faithlife's normal modus operandi, but I wish the production team would reconsider priorities and do this. They'll always be playing catch-up if they don't do it right the first time, and it gets users really frustrated.

Posts 1237
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 4:16 PM

Phil Gons:
I'll check and confirm

Thanks!

Posts 1836
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 4:17 PM

DBailey:

The TJL Upgrade Bundle is missing a few journals.  Anyway to add JETS, Tyndale Bulletin, Westminster, and Trinity Journal, just to name a few?

All of these are high on our wishlist. I'm sorry we don't have them yet. (I want them, too! :) ) We're working hard to license all the remaining journals from the TJL products that we don't have yet.

Posts 1836
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 4:19 PM

abondservant:
I'm thrilled to have the chance to buy some more journals. Its clear a lot of work went into this, and I am appreciative. 

Glad to hear it!

abondservant:
New To You - can't emphasize this one enough :)
Southeastern Theological Review
all but one issue of Southerns Journal, 
Tabletalk. 
JETS (even though I have the 42 volume edition already). 

We're working on these. Unfortunately, our Tabletalk contract doesn't allow us to bundle it with other journals. Maybe that'll change in the future.

Posts 1836
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 4:21 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Westminster, Masters, Jets- just mention a few- I think a few to many bridges got burned.

We're hopeful that we'll be able to get all these.

Posts 1836
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 4:24 PM

Wild Eagle:

Seems like the progress of gathering interest moves slowly, what if it would to stuck for years?

Highly unlikely.

1. Journals are very popular, and I think they'll get a lot of support. We've not promoted them yet. It's still early.
  2. We're not necessarily going to wait until they are fully funded to produce them. They're in high demand, and we've taken long enough already to get these to you. Our desire is to fast-track production and ship them quickly.
Posts 1836
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 4:26 PM

Tom Reynolds:

Unfortunately, yes. We're working hard to address that. We're sorry we don't have a comprehensive replacement yet. The good news is that we have a lot of additional content and journal acquisition is one of our top priorities.

Posts 1836
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 4:27 PM

Rosie Perera:

Phil Gons:

Kevin A Lewis:

I think I speak for a lot of users when I say we would rather have all the tagging done before a product ships than get it earlier without the tagging and have to wait for an update for it to be really useful. I know that seems counter to Faithlife's normal modus operandi, but I wish the production team would reconsider priorities and do this. They'll always be playing catch-up if they don't do it right the first time, and it gets users really frustrated.

Thanks for the feedback, Rosie. I'll pass that on and discuss it with the team.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 6:58 PM

More important than tagging for me is bringing the citations current ( especially Turabian 8), and fixing - especially old journals - that have VERY bad citations. I'm specifically thinking of Bibliotheca Sacra - though I have found this issue in many galaxie journals.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Page 2 of 5 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS