Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 230
Claybon Collins Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 30 2014 5:48 PM

My logs:

*** Application Crash ***
Program Version: 6.0a SR-4 (6.0.1.1343)
Windows Version: 6.3.9600.0
Time: 2014-12-30 20:35:53 -05:00 (2014-12-31T01:35:53Z)
Installed memory: 8,112 MB
Install path: C:\Users\Claybon\AppData\Local\Logos5\System\Logos.exe
Free install space: 140,482 MB
Data path: C:\Users\Claybon\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\2ccdya2z.g2g
Free disk space: 140,482 MB
Temp path: C:\Users\Claybon\AppData\Local\Temp\
Free temp space: 140,482 MB

Error ID: 5134
Error detail: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at LDLS4.HomePage2.Providers.DailyDevotionalHomePageTileProvider.GetTruncatedRichText(IWorkState state, ResourceMilestoneRange milestoneRange, Boolean& isTruncated)
   at LDLS4.HomePage2.Providers.DailyDevotionalHomePageTileProvider.CreateDevotionalTile(ResourceInfo info, IWorkState state)
   at LDLS4.HomePage2.Providers.DailyDevotionalHomePageTileProvider.<>c__DisplayClass4.<GetResultsAsyncCore>b__3(ResourceInfo x)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Libronix.Utility.EnumerableUtility.ToReadOnlyCollection[T](IEnumerable`1 seq)
   at LDLS4.HomePage2.Providers.DailyDevotionalHomePageTileProvider.<>c__DisplayClass4.<GetResultsAsyncCore>b__1()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Posts 1
Rory Parkinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 30 2014 9:44 PM

Hi Dylan, I am experiencing similar problems. Running Logos 6 on the Mac. Tried rebooting, going in online and offline. Get as far as the Logos sound and then crashing out. Log says issue with thread 72 and then 79 the next time. KERN_INVALID address issue etc etc. Any advice appreciated. I ideally don't want to have to reinstall the engine again as in Southern Africa and internet is a nightmare. Thanks.

Posts 29366
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 30 2014 10:00 PM

Have you tried opening to a blank layout? Hold down CNTRL while starting then select blank screen on the sign-in screen. (I hope I remember it correctly).

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 230
Claybon Collins Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 5:41 AM

Thanks MJ, that worked for me!!Yes

Posts 58
Kathy Brasby | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 1:48 PM

I continue to have this problem. I emailed tech support yesterday (I didn't have time to sit on the phone) but haven't heard back. My Mac crashes whenever I allow Logos 6 to open to the home page. I've used the CMD key while opening Logos 6 which has allowed me to use the program offline but obviously this is a short-term fix. Any one have any other ideas while I'm waiting to hear back from tech support?

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 2:00 PM

Kathy Brasby:

I continue to have this problem. I emailed tech support yesterday (I didn't have time to sit on the phone) but haven't heard back. My Mac crashes whenever I allow Logos 6 to open to the home page. I've used the CMD key while opening Logos 6 which has allowed me to use the program offline but obviously this is a short-term fix. Any one have any other ideas while I'm waiting to hear back from tech support?

Kathy,

This is likely a crash scenario we fixed in 6.0a SR-5. If you open the download link you were given when ordering Logos 6, it will download the most recent version (SR-5), which should solve the problem for you. I believe the link would be in your confirmation email, and accessible from your order history at logos.com? (Correct me if I'm wrong on that).

If for some reason you can't find the download link, let me know and I can send it to you.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 58
Kathy Brasby | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 2:23 PM

Dylan Rondeau:
If you open the download link you were given when ordering Logos 6, it will download the most recent version (SR-5), which should solve the problem for you. I believe the link would be in your confirmation email, and accessible from your order history at logos.com? (Correct me if I'm wrong on that).

Thanks, Dylan. I went to my order history and am re-downloading the dmg file for Logos 6. (I bought the Feature Crossgrade in mid December). I hope I'm downloading the right thing. I'll let you know if it works.

Thank you for your help.

Kathy

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 2:32 PM

Kathy Brasby:

Dylan Rondeau:
If you open the download link you were given when ordering Logos 6, it will download the most recent version (SR-5), which should solve the problem for you. I believe the link would be in your confirmation email, and accessible from your order history at logos.com? (Correct me if I'm wrong on that).

Thanks, Dylan. I went to my order history and am re-downloading the dmg file for Logos 6. (I bought the Feature Crossgrade in mid December). I hope I'm downloading the right thing. I'll let you know if it works.

Thank you for your help.

Kathy

That should be the right thing. We update the link with the most recent stable version when we ship an update. If for some reason that doesn't give you 6.0a SR-5 (6.0.1.1352), let me know and I'll get the link updated and send you a direct link.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 58
Kathy Brasby | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 4:06 PM

Dylan, thank you very much. The update did it. No crash this time. I will remember to check that download link if I have problems again. Thanks for your patience and for your help. God's blessings to you for 2015.

Kathy

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS