NIV Application Commentaries

Page 1 of 6 (107 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 106 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 904
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 26 2015 4:27 AM

NIV Application Commentaries are on sale at $7.99.  I only realised as I put a couple in my wishlist yesterday and today saw they had been reduced.

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 5:13 AM

That's a great price. Here's a link:

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=title%3A%22niv+application+commentary%22&start=0&sort=pricelo&pageSize=60

They're not all $7.99, but many of them are.

Posts 21873
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 5:20 AM

Thanks for pointing this out - very interesting and welcomeYes

Posts 1966
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 5:45 AM

Wow, that is a great deal.  I needed five volumes, and now I have them!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 5:50 AM

I will be a scab and break my Zondervan boycott for this. I had some other things I was planning on getting tomorrow, but this will take precedence.

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 6:20 AM

Thanks for pointing this out.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 6:31 AM

Also, by my count, all 42 volumes are on sale.

Which bothers me...and here's why. Because my account is so large, and Logos's internal method for handling dynamic pricing is so inefficient, it sometimes takes my sales guy HOURS to input my orders. I had 25 items in my order about a month ago, and I called my sales guy back over two hours later and he was STILL inputting my order!! That's criminal inefficiency. It may take my sales guy over 3-4 hours to input the 40+ items I will be getting tomorrow, perhaps even longer.

LOGOS, YOU HAVE TO DO BETTER BY YOUR SALES PEOPLE, PERIOD.

So, I wonder if my sales guy will be able to just input the whole NIVAC series and change the total, or will he have to input hours-worth of individual items??? Anyone want to take a bet on him getting to make one input? I'll give you 3-1 odds...

Posts 78
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 6:33 AM

David Paul:

I will be a scab and break my Zondervan boycott for this. I had some other things I was planning on getting tomorrow, but this will take precedence.

This is truly a good deal. It causes me to wonder though whether it's do to:

a) Zondervan trying to prove that they are not ogres

b) just another  business tactic

c) Proof that FaithLife is working hard to give it's customers what they want

Posts 2197
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 7:43 AM

a. it is currently on sale at 70% off on other bible software.

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 8:00 AM

On my phone, just now, only one volume was on sale. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21873
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 8:06 AM

alabama24:

Strange - I've just checked again and I see 42 on sale (I might have miscounted but it looks like all of them at the moment)

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 8:11 AM

Graham Criddle:

alabama24:

Strange - I've just checked again and I see 42 on sale (I might have miscounted but it looks like all of them at the moment)

strange indeed. Just checked again and more are discounted, but most aren't:

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21873
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 8:16 AM

alabama24:
strange indeed. Just checked again and more are discounted, but most aren't:

I did spot an anomaly when going through the purchase process.

I had 12 volumes in my cart, all showing a discount. When I moved through the process to the "place order" stage, two of them showed at the non-discounted prices.

I went back to the cart, checked they all showed as discounted, re-submitted and they all went through at the discounted price.

So I agree there is something strange going on - hope you can get it resolved.

Posts 617
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 8:20 AM

This is one of my favorite commentary series. What a great price! Much cheaper than what I paid for them.

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 9:02 AM

I did buy them earlier and had the price appear to change in my cart. But if you hit your back arrow and return to the cart they will probably all show the discount. So do not give up, in the end I did get all 42 at the correct sale price.

Posts 6327
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 9:05 AM

I got all 42 volumes for 335 and change.  Now that's what I call a super deal; especially, coming from Zondervan!

DAL

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 9:15 AM

DAL:

I got all 42 volumes for 335 and change.  Now that's what I call a super deal; especially, coming from Zondervan!

DAL

Did you get that deal today? That is a fantastic deal.

I paid $785 a year ago.  I'm simultaneously happy for everyone that's getting this deal and disappointed that I paid too much apparently.  I guess I need to adopt and stick to a rule that I won't ever buy anything again that isn't at least 50% discounted.

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 9:17 AM

I just picked up a dozen and am pleased as punch.  Everything worked just fine.  

Posts 6327
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 9:21 AM

Yes Eric I got this deal today.  As soon as I saw that there was a sale I went and checked and found that all the volumes were $7.99 and took the plunge.  not bad for all the New Testament and Old Testament volumes that are available so far. Again great super deal thank you Logos and Zondervan for putting this sale together!

DAL

Ps. This better not be a mistake because I'm not giving them back LOL

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2015 9:24 AM

I am very thankful as well. Would it be rude to ask for a price match by Logos and Zondervan on the Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament: Matthew, Luke, Ephesians, Galatians and James that they have on the other companies site? I guess I just asked. I have been thinking about them for a few days but would prefer it in Logos.

Page 1 of 6 (107 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS