Logos 6.3 (6.3.0.0038) now available

Page 1 of 4 (71 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 70 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 18 2015 9:29 AM

Logos 6.3 (6.3.0.0038) is available for download.

If you have automatic updates turned on, 6.3 will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates. To install it right away, enter the Update Now command. 

Release Notes

This release features:

• Logos Now: Added Sense and Biblical Entity options to the Concordance.
  • Logos Now: The Grammars section has been completely redone, and a Grammatical Constructions section has been added.
  • Resource updates and downloads no longer require a restart. Downloaded resources now appear in Library as they're downloaded, and the "Recently updated" notification on the Home Page will automatically update to list resources as they're downloaded.
  • Updated the Library panel for editing/tagging multiple resources at once, giving better control over unifying tags, bulk-editing or bulk-deleting tags, etc.
  • Numerous bug and crash fixes.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 9:47 AM

I've been running the beta, and I've got to say this is a great update, even for non-Logos Now users. It is even better for Now customers of course, but everyone gets the benefit of not having to restart when resources are updated/added, which is a much-needed improvement. Loads of bug fixes and a few performance updates for everyone, too. Thanks, Dylan and the team!

Posts 3310
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 9:49 AM

Dylan Rondeau:

• Resource updates and downloads no longer require a restart. Downloaded resources now appear in Library as they're downloaded, and the "Recently updated" notification on the Home Page will automatically update to list resources as they're downloaded.

This works beautifully.

Puer natus est nobis. Merry Christmas!

Catholic Products Forum - Book Suggestions UserVoice - Verbum Blog

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 10:23 AM

Dylan Rondeau:

Yes Very excited about this! Restarting logos every time a new resource comes in has been really annoying lol. I’m glad that is now a thing of the past, it’s about time! Smile Way to go, guys!

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 10:35 AM

I am wondering, is there a way to look at a desktop install of Logos/Verbum and tell if that account includes Logos/Verbum Now? I know at the moment one could look for features like Concordance etc., but at some point features may be purchased in an upgrade and it might be harder to tell if the account includes a Now subscription without really sifting through timing of specific features being added.  

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 10:53 AM

Don Awalt:
is there a way to look at a desktop install of Logos/Verbum and tell if that account includes Logos/Verbum Now

At this point there is no specific UI to display this information. We've been looking at options for how to show this information.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 10:58 AM

Thanks Ryan!

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 11:23 AM

Mark Barnes:

I've been running the beta, and I've got to say this is a great update, even for non-Logos Now users. It is even better for Now customers of course, but everyone gets the benefit of not having to restart when resources are updated/added, which is a much-needed improvement. Loads of bug fixes and a few performance updates for everyone, too. Thanks, Dylan and the team!

Hey Mark,

I have not had a chance to update and use the new update yet. Can you tell me the how the Logos Now resources are better and how to best use them? I heard that they were making them better, but have not had a chance to look at them and would like a preview of what I can expect. Thanks alot. I know as Pastors we are busy and I appreciate your help.

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 1001
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 11:25 AM

Will we have to close Chrome browser every time we update Logos from now on?

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 11:29 AM

Pastor Michael Huffman:

I have not had a chance to update and use the new update yet. Can you tell me the how the Logos Now resources are better and how to best use them? I heard that they were making them better, but have not had a chance to look at them and would like a preview of what I can expect. Thanks alot. I know as Pastors we are busy and I appreciate your help.

while we await Mark's reply, have you been able to look at the release notes?  Dylan posted the link above.

Posts 1001
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 11:42 AM

So I'm a little confused. It downloaded the update and a bunch of resources and it installed. It's currently indexing those resources but I have a message at the top saying that "Resources are ready to be added to your library. Updates will be added when the application is restarted."

I waited until it finished indexing and then restarted and then it again said that it was indexing but I don't think it actually did anything. I guess I'll have to wait until next time to see if it doesn't ask to be restarted.

Posts 9078
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 11:45 AM

Dylan Rondeau:
Resource updates and downloads no longer require a restart. Downloaded resources now appear in Library as they're downloaded, and the "Recently updated" notification on the Home Page will automatically update to list resources as they're downloaded.

Great news indeed. No more waiting for restarts! Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2151
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 11:46 AM

Tom Reynolds:

So I'm a little confused. It downloaded the update and a bunch of resources and it installed. It's currently indexing those resources but I have a message at the top saying that "Resources are ready to be added to your library. Updates will be added when the application is restarted."

I waited until it finished indexing and then restarted and then it again said that it was indexing but I don't think it actually did anything. I guess I'll have to wait until next time to see if it doesn't ask to be restarted.

Resources are now downloaded and installed without (normally) needing to restart the application. However, if the resource is in use when it gets updated, then the notification is displayed letting you know that you'll need to restart in order for the update to occur. This update happens during the startup phase before the main window becomes visible. After a resource is updated, the indexer will run to account for the modified resource. It sounds to me like things are working correctly.

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 12:42 PM

Tom Reynolds:
Will we have to close Chrome browser every time we update Logos from now on?

My understanding is that this is a one-time issue that may occur when you upgrade to 6.3 It should not happen with future updates. If it does please let us know so we can investigate further.

Posts 3077
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 4:27 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Tom Reynolds:

Resources are now downloaded and installed without (normally) needing to restart the application. However, if the resource is in use when it gets updated, then the notification is displayed letting you know that you'll need to restart in order for the update to occur. This update happens during the startup phase before the main window becomes visible. After a resource is updated, the indexer will run to account for the modified resource. It sounds to me like things are working correctly.

I think what you said makes sense, I had the same issue and it was definitely confusing.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 34
Tony Nunez | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 5:17 PM

Is it just me or did this update just wipe out smart tags / actions in Microsoft Word (2007 & 2013)?  It was working, then once the update installed and after I restarted my computer twice smart tags are no longer listed in the Microsoft Add-ons as even an option!  Nothing in the release notes seems to refer to this feature being removed.  I heavily rely on this feature for my lecturing and I'm lecturing tonight!  Anyone else experiencing this?  Am I missing something?  Any help?

Thanks

Posts 2063
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 5:29 PM

Tony Nuñez:
Is it just me or did this update just wipe out smart tags

This was a known issue during beta testing. I thought FL mentioned somewhere that it would be fixed by release?

Logos.exe /register

Posts 1630
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 6:02 PM

As Randy mentioned, this was an issue during testing, but it was supposed have been fixed— https://community.logos.com/forums/t/104760.aspx

You should create a new thread for this issue and put BUG in the title.

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 6:30 PM

Tony Nuñez:
Is it just me or did this update just wipe out smart tags / actions in Microsoft Word (2007 & 2013)?

Smart tags was broken due to our new install methods. It will be fixed in a forthcoming SR. I'm sorry we didn't communicate this clearly the release notes.

Posts 38
Brian Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 6:48 PM

I cannot start Logos with this update. I'm running on my Dell Venue 8 Pro on 32-bit Windows 8.1. I've tried the Ctrl-Start method and moving my Index and User documents for rebuilding, but none of that allows me to start the program.

Page 1 of 4 (71 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS