Bug: CPU usage with multiple resources view. 6.7B2 Mac

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 11 2015 10:22 PM

While using multiple resource view if I open two or more extra columns, the Logos UI slows right down, and Logos CPU usage sits at around 200% while the app is basically idle. Upon closing the multiple resource panel, it then returns to normal.

Here is a log file and a sample of the Logos.app process in that state: 8055.Archive.zip

Posts 13405
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 2:08 AM

I just reported something very similar on the PC.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/117490.aspx 

Posts 303
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2015 7:40 AM

Jon:

While using multiple resource view if I open two or more extra columns, the Logos UI slows right down, and Logos CPU usage sits at around 200% while the app is basically idle. Upon closing the multiple resource panel, it then returns to normal.

Here is a log file and a sample of the Logos.app process in that state: 8055.Archive.zip

Thank you for the logs, in the future, when collecting a sample, can you please use the Logging Utility or submit the Logos.map file along with Logos.log and the sample? The map file is necessary to map the symbols in the sample file to the appropriate method.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2015 9:18 PM

Martin Potter:
Thank you for the logs, in the future, when collecting a sample, can you please use the Logging Utility or submit the Logos.map file along with Logos.log and the sample? The map file is necessary to map the symbols in the sample file to the appropriate method.

No problem, here is another set of logs replicating this issue with the map file included.

7024.Archive.zip

Posts 303
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2015 1:39 PM

Jon,

What do your Visual Filter documents look like?

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2015 7:01 PM

Here's a screenshot with all of them. I tried fixing ones that didn't look right (the search in "Imperatives in James" and deleting the empty one "Greek Verb Tenseforms") but that didn't help. Also, all visual filters are turned off for the multiview panel while this problem is occurring.

Posts 2397
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 11:36 AM

Jon:

Martin,
Here is an example of two similar layouts, one with Multiview and the other without. You can see how much CPU is used when Multiview is incorporated.
The one with Multiview has 3 resources using the feature: UBS 5, LHB, and LXX Swete. they each have one additional resource. The CPU issue is present mostly whenever there are more than one resource using Multiview.

Running on MBP 2012 16g of memory.

Please advise.

Posts 2397
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 12:28 PM

Another one to review is to open an ESV and Multiview with LHB, LXX and LES. I also have corresponding words/click/lemma selected.

Thanks

Posts 262
LogosEmployee
Steve Workman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2015 10:54 AM

Jon:

This issue has been resolved in 6.7 RC 1 (6.7.0.0033).

Posts 2397
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2015 11:22 AM

Awesome... I look forward to the drop and the stable version.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 2:19 PM

John Fidel:

Awesome... I look forward to the drop and the stable version.

6.7 has been shipped to the stable channel.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS