Payment Plans and you

Page 7 of 7 (135 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7
This post has 134 Replies | 16 Followers

Posts 659
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 11:22 AM

I'm surprised there hasn't been any recent postings because the payment plans now have another option.

Let's say your old plan is $100 a month for 17 months.

You add a new plan at $50 a month for 6 months and combine it with your old plan.

You now pay $150 a month for the first 6 months and then $100 a month for the remaining 11 months.

In addition, you pay the 25% down, but only 1 $5 processing fee per month.

They can stack and combine multiple purchases this way.

They get their money faster this way.

I did this a few weeks ago and it works OK.

Not as good as the old way, but only 1 $5 processing fee per month.

Dale Heath

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 11:27 AM

I believe this has been around for a few months now.

Posts 659
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 11:28 AM

Yes, but as usual, it's not documented anywhere.

Posts 13307
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 2:17 PM

Dale E Heath:
I'm surprised there hasn't been any recent postings because the payment plans now have another option.

Does this happen automatically if you buy something on a payment plan? I can't see an option to combine a new plan with an old one.

Posts 659
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 3:00 PM

No, you have to talk to a sales rep and work out all the details, number of payments, not charging a $5 fee for the down payment, how many payment plans you have and which ones to combine, the advantages and disadvantages of doing this, etc.

Posts 35
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 8:03 PM

I've always found that talking with a sales rep when adding onto an already existing payment plan is way more fruitful in coming up with a plan that is more to your liking. 

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 10:24 PM

I'm curious if the payment plan changes from nine months ago are impacting people's purchase decisions now that L7 has been released.

It has definitely impacted my spending habits over the past nine months. Since the announcement I've spent a little more than $800 compared to approximately $2,700 for the nine months prior to the announcement. Nothing new has since been added to my payment plan. Now that I think about it, even if I found a "must have" L7 package, I would want to wait until the final 12 months on my current plan run out.  

Posts 496
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 11:36 PM

Erik:

I'm curious if the payment plan changes from nine months ago are impacting people's purchase decisions now that L7 has been released.

It has definitely impacted my spending habits over the past nine months. Since the announcement I've spent a little more than $800 compared to approximately $2,700 for the nine months prior to the announcement. Nothing new has since been added to my payment plan. Now that I think about it, even if I found a "must have" L7 package, I would want to wait until the final 12 months on my current plan run out.  

Mine to. I have spend far less money the last few months on Logos than in the previous period. As I stated in another post: it is becoming more and more difficult staying current with Logos than ever before.

My current Payment Plan is nearing its end (at last) and I do not think I will ever again make use of a Payment Plan. I would rather try to borrow money from my bank if I have no other choice than making a big purchase through FL. Another reason for this is the fluctuations in international currencies. My local currency took a nosedive against the Dollar few months back. In effect I ended paying almost 35% more every month for my payment.

Posts 13307
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 11:53 PM

People buying L7 and spending more than $100 are able to get a payment plan without having to put down 25%. 

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 12:01 AM

Mark Barnes:

People buying L7 and spending more than $100 are able to get a payment plan without having to put down 25%. 

Good to know! I assume we have to call Customer Service to accomplish this?

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 1:08 AM

Mark Barnes:

The percentage down isn't really a concern for me. How Logos is linking multiple payment plans is more of an issue for me; are they stacking by front loading the new plan over the initial months or is it averaged out over the life of the newly combined plan like they used to do?

Posts 13307
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 1:19 AM

You can get one of these payment plans online. You'll pay an equal amount upfront and then for the duration of your plan.

I didn't have an existing plan, so I'm not sure how that will work. However, by emailing sales I was able to merge three separate purchases into one plan, without penalty. 

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 1:37 AM

Mark Barnes:

You can get one of these payment plans online. You'll pay an equal amount upfront and then for the duration of your plan.

I didn't have an existing plan, so I'm not sure how that will work. However, by emailing sales I was able to merge three separate purchases into one plan, without penalty. 

Thanks Mark. I'm more curious than looking to make the move, but I'll call CS to get clarification so that I'll be armed with the right info if things change.

Posts 264
Michael G. Halpern | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 9:27 AM

I haven't made any significant purchases since the change.  My biggest purchase was about $65.00 since.  My investment in Logos is over $41K, so they really lost some serious money, though I'm only one person.  I looked at L7, but I'd be in for another $1,600 on top of the almost $3,200 I have on a payment plan now.  And I need the 24 months back.

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 9:39 AM

I too haven't made any major purchases, biggest is $65, since the change.  I have 12 months left, at $80/month which is my book budget.  

I did inquire about an L7 package, but I was told my current plan wouldn't change and that if I were to add L7 it would just be another payment.  I passed on that.  Until my current plan is paid of in year (~19 months when they changed the plans) I won't be adding or doing anything more.

I will say that for one specific product an exception was made for me, but it required much to accomplish it and that it would not be allowed again.

Page 7 of 7 (135 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS