Do you incorporate a paper Bible in you studies and note taking

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 75
Bryce Hufford | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 17 2015 7:13 PM

Just curious how many are purely computer based in your Bible study and note taking vs how many use paper Bibles as part of their study routine.  If you use a paper Bible, how do you incorporate that with your Logos resources in practice.  Do you take notes in Logos, an other electronic format (I.e. Word or OneNote), a notebook, or a paper Bible?  I like hearing about the methods others use in their Bible study.

Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2015 7:47 PM

Logos is just one Libary. I do work with my Paper Bible and other Books in my Bible Study and my Work. Notes are just for save Thought's. I put everything in a Word Dokument.

Sascha

Posts 2896
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2015 8:27 PM

Most of the time I do all of my study with my Logos library on my Surface Pro 3 and take my notes in Word or Onenote.  My regular Bibles for study are the NIV 1984 and the NA 28 in the Logos 6.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 948
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2015 9:27 PM

No paper Bible for about 4yeras now.

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2015 9:42 PM

For personal Bible Study, I exclusively use Logos 6 Desktop in the comfort of my home, and my notes (if any) are in Logos also. For Bible Study at church, I use the mobile app (Bible) for reading and highlighting passages with a paper notebook for notes and writing down Scripture references. I carry my paper Bible (along with Logos Mobile App on a tablet, and a paper sermon journal) to all church services.

Posts 1707
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2015 10:32 PM

Bryce Hufford:
Just curious how many are purely computer based in your Bible study and note taking vs how many use paper Bibles as part of their study routine.

Paper bible gets opened only a couple of times a year now, when the person I'm sharing with would find a screen the wrong way to go.

Posts 2348
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 1:44 AM

My paper Bible gets used very rarely, mostly for occasions such as family devotions in the evening.  

I always carry a paper Bible to the pulpit whether I use it or not.  When I stand before the people, lean forward over the pulpit and pronounce, "This is God's Word!  You can trust it!"  an iPad doesn't have the same impact as a well-worn, leather-covered, paper Bible with a couple loose post-it notes fluttering to the ground.

Posts 9627
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 3:49 AM

I almost never use a paper Bible these days and it has been that way for a number of years now. I must say that it still does feel a bit weird at times but those feeling continue to diminish as time passes.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2158
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 5:03 AM

I have not used a paper Bible for years.  I slowly moved away from a paper Bible when I started using Olive Tree on my Palm Pilots.  Now I only use the Logos app on my iPad to preach from and to read from.

Posts 449
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 5:32 AM

Logos 6 Desktop and iPad. Haven't used the paper Bible in several years.

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 9:55 AM

Gao Lu:
When I stand before the people, lean forward over the pulpit and pronounce, "This is God's Word!  You can trust it!"  an iPad doesn't have the same impact as a well-worn, leather-covered, paper Bible with a couple loose post-it notes fluttering to the ground.

Geeked Yes

I normally use the Logos desktop app for study and teach from an iPad. The only time I use a paper Bible is when I fill in for the Pastor at the pulpit.

Posts 872
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 9:57 AM

I always carry a paper Bible to church because Logos would allow me to "chase rabbits" and miss the lesson before me. Instead, I take notes on scratch paper and chase the rabbits through Logos after I get home.

Posts 2749
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 10:12 AM

I love paper Bibles, legal pads, index cards and fountain pens. All from habit, but mainly to avoid distraction. Print forces one to read. Physical writing is more thoughtful. I wrote professionally on paper and typed from my handwritten manuscripts. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 10:23 AM

Jack Hairston:
Logos would allow me to "chase rabbits"

The fun part is when—in the midst of chasing the rabbit—the pastor says, "Help me Jack." Embarrassed

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 10:55 AM

Gao Lu:

My paper Bible gets used very rarely, mostly for occasions such as family devotions in the evening.  

I always carry a paper Bible to the pulpit whether I use it or not.  When I stand before the people, lean forward over the pulpit and pronounce, "This is God's Word!  You can trust it!"  an iPad doesn't have the same impact as a well-worn, leather-covered, paper Bible with a couple loose post-it notes fluttering to the ground.

Yes

Most of the time, people can recognize a leather Bible from a mile away, but an iPad won't be recognized as such (who knows, you may have a video game collection on that thing). At times, you may need to be recognizable to people who may be looking for you to lead them to God, without opening your mouth. Pastors, Ministers, Evangelist, etc. have a certain look rather they carry a leather Bible or not, bu those not familiar with church will not readily recognize that look. So, a leather Bible still has visual impact, as a doctors stethoscope and labcoat does. Smile

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 10:59 AM

I got back into paper Bibles after 5 years due to the Bible design 'fad'!

I carry a Pitt-Minion ESV to church and have a reader's edition ESV at home for family devotions.

I love Logos but there is something about these paper Bibles that is unparalleled by the digital age.

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 11:22 AM

I find that if I want a distraction-free encounter with God's word, the paper Bible is preferred.  Logos is so good at linking in interesting cross-references that I often get distracted down one of those rabbit trails.  I know I can put it in reader mode and turn off much of that, but it takes too much discipline that the paper Bible enforces on me.

Also, my paper Bible's batteries have never run down ;-).

Posts 3308
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 12:35 PM

Even when using Logos have a paper version handy- sorry I'm not a purist Big Smile

Posts 23
Sean Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 12:41 PM

Perhaps a little off topic, but I am looking at fountain pens for journaling and note taking. Any recommendations for a beginner? Thanks in advance!

Posts 3308
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 12:46 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Even when using Logos have a paper version handy- sorry I'm not a purist Big Smile

And if I could get Logos to print out the NET on 8.5x11 with footnotes I would have it in a 4' 3 ring binder Smile

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS