Personal Book (PB) Upload File Limit

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Bob Black | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 12 2016 4:54 PM

I've seen several posts about the Personal Book upload size limit. From what I understand, the limit was initially 10MB but was later increased to 20MB due to popular demand. I haven't been able to find any indication that the upload limit was later reduced, but I have several personal books that are around 15 MB and the upload button is grayed out.

Can anyone from FaithLife confirm the current Personal Book upload limit?

Posts 2408
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 6:57 PM

And while you are answering that question lets also ask if there are any per user limits or other limitations that we need to know about.

I have over 200 Personal Books but only one Computer so I have yet to upload any.

Waiting for load to mobile device.  

[[If you find ways to load to some mobile devices but not others I would recommend load to what you can even if my device is not one you have ready]]

Posts 27687
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2016 7:45 PM

Bob Black:
I have several personal books that are around 15 MB and the upload button is grayed out.

For clarification: is the .docx file 15MB or the compiled PB file?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9
Bob Black | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 6:46 AM

The .docx file is 15 MB.

I don't know how to view the size of the compiled PB file. I don't see where that information is listed within the application and I can't find any .pb files on my system. I also checked the log file after compiling the PB and the size is not listed there either. Is there a way to access the size of the compiled resource?

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 7:20 AM

Bob Black:
Is there a way to access the size of the compiled resource?

On PC...

Open the personal book you compiled.

Click on the info button at top right.

Scroll to bottom.

Expand the support info

Select the ID number that ends in .lbspbb

Then go to users/name/appdata/local/logos 

Then search for that ID

(I use name:.lbspbb in the windows findbox and then sort by date to see most recent)

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 7:30 AM

*Note: this example shows how to find the most recently built pbb file, but the personal book I used as an illustration was not my most recently built so the file names do not match. If you are looking for an older book, then you will need to include the proper ID number in your name: search in the windows find box (or scroll to find it in the list).

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 9
Bob Black | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 8:16 AM

Thank you for your great instructions. I was able to find the compiled file and it is 27 MB, which explains why it failed to upload.

In a future version of the software maybe it would make sense to display the compiled file size on the Build Book screen so that it's easier to determine why a book won't upload.

Posts 27687
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 10:06 AM

Bob Black:
In a future version of the software maybe it would make sense to display the compiled file size on the Build Book screen so that it's easier to determine why a book won't upload.

Yes

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 10:21 AM

Eli's plans have me hopeful for a complete revamp of the PB Builder Tool.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/114809/767015.aspx#767015

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 10:23 AM

Bob Black:
Thank you for your great instructions

You're very welcome, I'm glad you were able to get it figured out. As linked above, Eli plans to update this tool with many improvements to the functionality. I'm excited to see that come to pass.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 3:41 PM

James Taylor:

Eli's plans have me hopeful for a complete revamp of the PB Builder Tool.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/114809/767015.aspx#767015

Don't hold your breath, it's been almost a year. This is why I don't make suggestions any more, I give a lot of thought into how to make PB better as I used to use it all the time, but the suggestions are just prioritized lower than all the new stuff that Faithlife comes out with that I bet a very small percentage of users are using, but the features are sexier than those who want to get work done. It's very discouraging.

Posts 26541
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 4:28 PM

Don Awalt:
but the suggestions are just prioritized lower than all the new stuff that Faithlife comes out with that I bet a very small percentage of users are using, but the features are sexier than those who want to get work done. It's very discouraging.

Yes and no. I agree that providing the new features for Logos Now appears to be slowing down the implementation of small requests. But I'm not sure that those are resources that would have been available for user requests - they would probably be developing the features in the background for Logos 7 and we would have be totally unaware of their work. On the other hand, the number of bugs squashed in some recent releases is impressive - long standing bugs not things recently inserted in the code.  And the number of new bugs per release is dropping dramatically ... despite some recent high visibility bugs. Less time killing bugs does mean more resources for our priorities. In working through the uservoice requests, I have been ignoring those that belong on other forums and those that are tagged as in progress. In the first few pages of requests, I have been pleasantly surprised at the number that have had some portion of them implemented. Yes, there are some that have been "promised" for several years without progress such as the fuzzy search. My personal read on this particular issue is that Faithlife is prioritizing it as if its primary use would be on the Bible; I think its primary use would be on the Church Fathers which are often quoted without precise references and hence unknown translations.

So in my opinion the glass is neither half empty or half full (exclusive or) but rather both half empty and half full. It is frustrating to not see progress where we want it but progress is being made on our priorities albeit slowly.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS