My brain hurts, please help me decide.

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 48 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1548
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:17 PM

Bill Moore:

[And, thanks, the popcorn ceiling removal is going well. A man in our church who is 6'10" and has done this is an unbelievable help, plus the project makes my wife happy. Her happiness is enough for me!

I know what you mean.  Today my wife and I celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary and enjoyed a very simple outing to a nearby river town for a lunch on the river, followed by a pleasant walk and visiting a few shops, then a "historic tour" of the town via trolley car .  She's my best friend and blessing.

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:22 PM
Rick Ausdahl:
I know what you mean.  Today my wife and I celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary and enjoyed a very simple outing to a nearby river town for a lunch on the river, followed by a pleasant walk and visiting a few shops, then a "historic tour" of the town via trolley car .  She's my best friend and blessing.

Congratulations, Rick, to you and your wife! My wife and I are have had the same number of anniversaries. May you have many more.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 5186
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:29 PM

Rick Ausdahl:
I guess I don't want anyone to spend much more time responding to this, because the actual savings I'll experience (if any) are not likely to be enough to warrant the time it will take for forum members to straighten me out.  Tongue Tied 

I promise to take less than three minutes.

You will save money on the base package stuff if you return everything and buy it all again only with Now for the entire buying period. You will save roughly 5% on every base package-related thing that you had purchased before joining Now, mistaken salespeople notwithstanding.

Posts 3300
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 8:12 PM

I bought the Full Feature offer- then submitted it for a refund today- why? I have Logos Now- thats all I need. 

For me all the so called upgrades just were not- very disappointing.

So $89 a year for me- quick- easy- and no disappiontments- its a great day in Mayberry:)

Posts 26574
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 12:19 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

Just to clarify though, the amounts I entered for 3. and 4. are not the amounts I "paid".  I understood the spreadsheet to be asking for my discount amount, not the price I paid, and that my discount would be calculated as follows:

The Full Price - What I paid = Discount asked for in lines 3. and 4.

Are you saying that lines 3. and 4. should actually be the price I paid, not the discount I calculated?

I meant that the discounts you calculated are incorrect as the spreadsheet "price after discounts" isn't the price you mentioned as "I paid" at 3. and 4.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 12:30 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

Since I have already purchased the packages, here's how I arrived at the discount values required by the spreadsheet.

1. I signed out of Faithlife so the web site would not see what I already own.
  2. With the current 25% off special Faithlife is running, it showed a total cost of $899.99 for the Silver package ($495.00 for the library and $404.99 for the Full Feature set.)
  3. I subtracted the $343.70 I paid for the library to get the package discount amount that I plugged into the spreadsheet.
  4. I subtracted the $131.50 I paid for the feature set, to get the feature set discount amount that I plugged into the spreadsheet.
  5. I interpret the last cell value of -$44.75 to reflect what my net-out-of-pocket expense would be for the first year of LN membership.  I.e. a savings of -$44.75 means my first year of LN membership would cost me $44.75 (less any additional savings for the P&C Bronze package.)

Does that make sense?  Did I go about it right?

That wouldn't work because of the current special offers. The "What is your Discount For Products You Own" is calculated BEFORE the Special Logos savings, so it's difficult to reverse engineer the results after your purchase.

If you bought with Logos Now, I'd bump those figures up by 15% (divide by 0.85), or at least adjust them until the "Your Price after Discounts" is correct.

Posts 1548
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 6:41 AM

Dave Hooton:

I meant that the discounts you calculated are incorrect as the spreadsheet "price after discounts" isn't the price you mentioned as "I paid" at 3. and 4.

Thank you, Dave.

If I understand correctly, the "price after discounts" to which you referred, correlates to line 17 of the spreadsheet which has the description "Your Price after Discounts".  If I'm tracking with you, then yes, those numbers are nowhere near what I actually paid, whether looking at the "With Now" or the "Without Now" columns.  I.e. I paid $131.50 for the Feature Set and $343.70 for the Silver Standard library.  So if the discount values I enter are correct, line 17 of the spreadsheet should reflect the amounts that I actually paid.  I assume my entry of "No" on line 4 of the spreadsheet is correct in that the prices I paid were "without" a Logos Now membership.

As Mark noted in another post, attempts to reverse engineer the process can be "iffy" at best, so the only way to get a better handle on the final numbers will likely be to return my purchases and then play with the spreadsheet, but I'd like to play with it first just to see how close I get with it that way. 

Posts 1548
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 6:45 AM

Mark Barnes:

That wouldn't work because of the current special offers. The "What is your Discount For Products You Own" is calculated BEFORE the Special Logos savings, so it's difficult to reverse engineer the results after your purchase.

If you bought with Logos Now, I'd bump those figures up by 15% (divide by 0.85), or at least adjust them until the "Your Price after Discounts" is correct.

Thanks, Mark.  I did not buy with Logos Now, hence my entry value of "No" of line 4 of the spreadsheet, but with the feedback I've received from you and Dave, I think I have a better understanding of what I'd have to do to get numbers close to what my actual costs and savings would be if making the purchases after becoming a LN member.  But as you noted, it's difficult to reverse engineer, so I'll probably return my purchases and then start over with the spreadsheet.

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 8:25 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
But as you noted, it's difficult to reverse engineer, so I'll probably return my purchases and then start over with the spreadsheet.

That would be easiest.

Without Logos Now you'd have got a 10% discount, so dividing those numbers by 0.9 might get you somewhere near.

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS