Bug: Media browser cannot export all the slides in a bible backgrounds slide set.

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 4 2016 9:33 AM

Program version: 7.1.0.0025 I am on the beta channel. (This has been true for the last few weeks on prior beta versions also). 

Bug: Media browser cannot export all the slides in a bible backgrounds slide set.

Description:
I've been trying to use the Bible backgrounds (e.g. 1 & 2 Thessalonians) slide sets to teach overviews on Sunday nights. Now when I load the media browser (ever since the release of 7) I am unable to export (either by powerpoint, or direct to graphics) more than the first two bible backgrounds.
Dialog Box text: No dialog box.

Steps to reproduce:
load one of the Bible background slide sets in the media browser. Then click SEND TO, followed by Send all to powerpoint. The first two will send. If you scroll to the third, fourth, or beyond and attempt to send - only the second slide will be sent in its place.

Actual Result:
I cannot export the bible background slides. This is even harder to do in the 4:3 format verses the 16:9 format.
Expected Result:
All of the slides should export to Powerpoint the way they used to.

System Specs:

Laptop | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz | 6GB RAM | Four Monitors: (HP L1740=1280X1024), Dual 22" widescreen monitors vertical at 1050x1680, Built in 1600X900| ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 |500 GB HD/ 200GB free | Windows 10 Professional 64bit - all patches.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3346
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 4:09 PM

Hi Jack,

Thanks for reporting this, I've created a case for the team to look at.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2016 2:07 PM

This is still occurring.

I just tested it on Bible Backgrounds: Hebrews (Media), and simply cannot export more than the first two slides. Every other slide exports as the second slide.

Posts 3346
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 10:41 AM

TCBlack:

This is still occurring.

I just tested it on Bible Backgrounds: Hebrews (Media), and simply cannot export more than the first two slides. Every other slide exports as the second slide.

TC,

We do have a case for this, but it has to download all of the slides, so waiting a bit should allow them to download and export.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 12 2016 5:20 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

TC,

We do have a case for this, but it has to download all of the slides, so waiting a bit should allow them to download and export.

All of the slides are visible. None of them are still "whitewashed" which means they are all downloaded.

I can wait overnight (I have) and then click export to PPT or SAVE to desktop, and still only two of the complete set will transfer.  

I can navigate to ANY other slide and click export and one of the first two will be exported in it's place.

I am guessing there is something wrong with the variable assigned to the pictures and the variable cannot increment beyond the second one.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 12 2016 5:25 AM

Example:

open the Hebrews Slides I referenced: https://ref.ly/logos4/MediaTool;FormatId=1024;LayoutId=widescreen;MediaItemId=155758-1908327--;ViewMode=Edit

Now scroll down to any of the later ones, let's pick the TIMELINE which is the 5th out of 7 slides.

Click on it so that the little orange indicator dot is showing that it is selected.

Click SEND TO in the menu and select POWERPOINT.

The Second slide shows up. (The one marked THEME).

Posts 465
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 12 2016 10:05 PM

I am having the same problem. Really frustrating when you see something you really need and should be able to get, but can't.

Posts 3346
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2016 1:18 PM

TCBlack:

Example:

open the Hebrews Slides I referenced: https://ref.ly/logos4/MediaTool;FormatId=1024;LayoutId=widescreen;MediaItemId=155758-1908327--;ViewMode=Edit

Now scroll down to any of the later ones, let's pick the TIMELINE which is the 5th out of 7 slides.

Click on it so that the little orange indicator dot is showing that it is selected.

Click SEND TO in the menu and select POWERPOINT.

The Second slide shows up. (The one marked THEME).

TC Black,

I'm unable to reproduce this issue of not being able to send a specific slide to PowerPoint. Can you let me know which version of PowerPoint you are running? 

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2016 1:32 PM

Philana, 

I'm running Powerpoint 2010, but that is not the issue.

The same limit to the first two slides exists when I save as graphics.  

Try sending all of those Hebrews slides to powerpoint.  I'll be shocked if you get more than two.

Posts 3346
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2016 2:23 PM

TCBlack:

Try sending all of those Hebrews slides to powerpoint.  I'll be shocked if you get more than two.

TC Black,

I'm getting different results than you are, but I'll update the team so they can take a look and see what's going on.

Posts 3346
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2016 3:50 PM

TCBlack:

Philana, 

I've created a case for the team to look at for this specific issue.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2016 3:57 PM

Curiously. 

I just tried the export again, and I still only got 2 slides, but this time I got the first and the very last (blank slide).  

This is seriously wonky.  I switched it to the 4:3 format and once again exported only the first two.

Posts 465
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2016 11:56 PM

Once again, I've been having the same problem, and I use Office 2016. Just this past weekend I wanted to use some slides but couldn't because they won't all export.

Philana R. Crouch:

TCBlack:

Philana, 

I've created a case for the team to look at for this specific issue.

Posts 1657
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 15 2016 6:17 AM

I had the same thing happen two weeks ago with the haggai slides [set of 7]. after many many attempts I was able to get all but the one I really wanted [the timeline].

I finally gave up and quit trying-- just assumed that it was the fault of the Bellingham server again and that "on-line" Logos materials really means only "some time". [So I get really nervous as I see more and more stuff that is only available from Logos with an on-line connection]

Sadly, the timeline that I found on "Google" was quite pale

Thanks, TCBlack, for raising this issue.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 89
LogosEmployee
Lawrence Rafferty | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 1 2016 6:04 PM

I am not able to reproduce the problem on my machine either (that is, any and all slides are sent or saved as expected).

Could those of you who are experiencing the problem upload your log files? (See https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging.)

There are certain points of failure that would be logged, and it would be helpful to know if any of those are happening. Please try sending/saving an individual slide and all the slides. The log file is regenerated every time the program is run, so you'll need to send the log file right after experiencing the problem. If you run the app again it will overwrite the log file.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 7:43 AM

Lawrence Rafferty:

I am not able to reproduce the problem on my machine either (that is, any and all slides are sent or saved as expected).

Could those of you who are experiencing the problem upload your log files? (See https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging.)

There are certain points of failure that would be logged, and it would be helpful to know if any of those are happening. Please try sending/saving an individual slide and all the slides. The log file is regenerated every time the program is run, so you'll need to send the log file right after experiencing the problem. If you run the app again it will overwrite the log file.

At first I was going to call your bluff but hey, Hebrews just worked!  But then Titus failed twice, and when I tried second timothy I couldn't even click the "Send To" drop down... it was greyed out even though the download of the slides was completed.

0726.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 89
LogosEmployee
Lawrence Rafferty | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 2 2016 10:51 AM

Thanks for your logs. There are lots of error messages about failing to download the media items, which are likely relevant to the problem. I'm looking into it now. EDIT: I can reproduce the problem when I simulate a download failure. The images that download successfully are exported, but not the ones that failed. If all of the images fail to download the options to save or send are grayed out.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 3 2016 5:57 AM

Then you have a display problem.  The program displays all of the slides as completely downloaded.

• When I open the media tool and select the set there is a blank section.
  • immediately this blank section is filled with greyed-out outlines of the slides 
  • A loading "asterisk" is superimposed over the slides till each one individually loads.
  • Eventually every slide DISPLAYS as if it is completely loaded and I can clearly see the slide in its finished state.
  • It is after this that the export button becomes available.

You have a Display problem.  Logos is displaying the downloads as complete when they are apparently not.

Posts 272
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 10:25 PM

TCBlack:

Then you have a display problem.  The program displays all of the slides as completely downloaded.

• When I open the media tool and select the set there is a blank section.
  • immediately this blank section is filled with greyed-out outlines of the slides 
  • A loading "asterisk" is superimposed over the slides till each one individually loads.
  • Eventually every slide DISPLAYS as if it is completely loaded and I can clearly see the slide in its finished state.
  • It is after this that the export button becomes available.

You have a Display problem.  Logos is displaying the downloads as complete when they are apparently not.

Still not resolved.!!!!!

Posts 272
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2016 10:26 PM

Amen

Page 1 of 3 (49 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS