New Feature: Faithlife Assistant

Page 1 of 3 (51 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 50 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1281
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 12 2017 10:40 AM

Faithlife Assistant is a new tool for searching with natural language. Just enter your questions to find information about people, places, and themes in the Bible, theological topics, how to use Logos, and your Faithlife account.

Here are some examples of the type of questions you can ask Faithlife Assistant:
* Who is Jesus?
* Tell me about grace?
* Read John 3:16-17.
* Open a Bible Word Study on love.
* I need a verse about patience.
* How do I export my sermon?
Many other specific examples are on the public wiki: https://wiki.logos.com/Faithlife_Assistant_Commands

How do I find Faithlife Assistant?

Faithlife Assistant will be included with the Logos Cloud Feature Set for Logos Now members. 

You can open Faithlife Assistant from the Tools menu or by using CTRL+Space or CTRL+Alt+D. Submitting your query with CTRL+Enter will force an audio response. Using CTRL/CMD+Esc will clear the history.

We want your feedback 

Please help us improve Faithlife Assistant. We encourage your general feedback and discussion in this thread below, or in this Faithlife group.  If you have a suggestion for improving a specific response, it would help us if you would submit it through this Google Form.

Posts 1640
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 11:29 AM

Shouldn’t it have a name? Alexa, Siri. Good assistants need a good name. How about King Solomon? Or Zaphkiel? Rolls off the tongue. If you need wisdom or knowledge of any kind you can always turn to your faithful assistant King Solomon or Zaphkiel. Stick out tongue

My Base Packages

Custom PC: Core i7; 32GB RAM; GeForce GTX 970; Win 10 Pro
Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T: Core i5; 4GB RAM; Win 10 Pro
ASUS Nexus 7 | Google Pixel XL | Apple iPad Pro 9.7

Posts 1211
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 11:36 AM

Where do I find this feature again? I don't see it on the Tools menu, and nothing happens when pressing CTRL+Space or CTRL+Alt+D.

Running 7.10 Beta 1 on Windows 10.

Peter

Posts 1369
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 11:44 AM

PL:

Where do I find this feature again? I don't see it on the Tools menu, and nothing happens when pressing CTRL+Space or CTRL+Alt+D.

Running 7.10 Beta 1 on Windows 10.

Peter

It's a Logos Now/Cloud feature for now, but you can beta test it by joining the Faithlife Assistant group on Faithlife.

Posts 585
John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 11:50 AM

Hi Phil -  I'm logos now and it's not showing up on my desktop, either.

Posts 1640
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 11:55 AM

John Fugh, Jr.:

Yes, this needs further clarification. It does not work for Now. I had to FOLLOW the group mentioned.

BUG: I can drag the assistant to the toolbar but the shortcut created "Show Faithlife Assistant" does nothing.

My Base Packages

Posts 1301
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 11:55 AM

Randy W. Sims:
Zaphkiel? Rolls off the tongue

lol

Logos 7.11 Beta 2  | Dell Lat. E5530 Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 8GB, SSD | OSX 10.11.6 iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | iPad Air | iPhone 7plus 5.7.2

Posts 1369
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 12:09 PM

Randy W. Sims:

John Fugh, Jr.:

Yes, this needs further clarification. It does not work for Now. I had to FOLLOW the group mentioned.

BUG: I can drag the assistant to the toolbar but the shortcut created "Show Faithlife Assistant" does nothing.

Sorry about that. There was some internal miscommunication. It'll be added to Now/Cloud soon. In the meantime, you'll need to join the Faithlife group to get the license.

Posts 2506
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 12:15 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Randy W. Sims:

John Fugh, Jr.:

Sorry about that. There was some internal miscommunication. It'll be added to Now/Cloud soon. In the meantime, you'll need to join the Faithlife group to get the license.

Thanks Phil; I was about to write a reply confirming the issue.

Posts 1640
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 12:18 PM

Thanks. It's worth reading previous posts in that group anyway for more background.

Will some type of disambiguation response be coming where there is more than one possible response? Who is Saul? Who is Joseph?

Suggested searches response for misspellings? Where is Nazereth?

what is your name? I'm the Faithlife Assistant, an artificially intelligent agent and your unworthy servant.
Big Smile

My Base Packages

Posts 1369
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 12:23 PM

Randy W. Sims:

Will some type of disambiguation response be coming where there is more than one possible response? Who is Saul? Who is Joseph?

No time frame, but definitely worth exploring.

Randy W. Sims:
Suggested searches response for misspellings? Where is Nazereth?

We've been discussing this. We'll definitely need auto-completion help or smarts for properly handling closely misspelled words.

Posts 1640
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 1:19 PM

How do I get to Heaven?

• I didn’t understand that. Would you like to search for “How do I get to Heaven?”?

yes

• Performing Basic Search for How do I get to Heaven.

Problem: It uses whatever criteria I had previously set for Basic Search. Eg. Search My Tags in Your Documents for....  Which isn't very helpful at all (and awkward phrasing, btw).

BTW, I think this is a great new feature and, IMO, belongs in the core software, Basic, when completed; It's a good feature to draw people in. Can't wait to see it on Web & Mobile.

My Base Packages

Posts 333
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 1:23 PM

Randy W. Sims:

Solomon 

Yes

Posts 1390
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 1:28 PM

Randy W. Sims:
Shouldn’t it have a name?

Should be something really unique like Dorcas or Basemath.

Win7 Android 4.4.2

Posts 1456
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 1:45 PM

Gordon Jones:

Randy W. Sims:

Solomon 

+1Yes

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 12
Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 2:15 PM

Dr Bob

Posts 1369
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 6:35 PM

Randy W. Sims:
BTW, I think this is a great new feature and, IMO, belongs in the core software, Basic, when completed; It's a good feature to draw people in. Can't wait to see it on Web & Mobile.

Thanks for the feedback. Let us know as you come across things you wish it would handle that it currently doesn't.

Posts 1651
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 10:27 PM

Assistant Name: Bezalel

Exodus 31:1-5 (of the tribe of Judah, and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts.)

+ Exodus 36.

Cool

Posts 1211
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 13 2017 7:45 AM

This is a good start, not quite what I was hoping for, but a good start nonetheless.

I was hoping for Google-like human language understanding. What we're getting is modeled after Siri, Cortana, Alexa, Google Assistant, etc, all of which I find unsatisfactory and lacking.

Back to FL Assistant... the current initial implementation seems to be an early natural language replacement for Everything Search ("tell me about x..." and it opens the Factbook) and some functions of the Command Box.

I tried the following queries but in all cases got back the default "I didn't understand that" response. Each of these queries would have yielded meaningful results on plain ol' Google:

- what verses promise eternal life?

- what verses promise eternal security?

- show me commentaries on acts (only shows the KJV Commentary, which is not on my prioritized list...)

- where did Jesus speak to disciples?

where did Jesus speak to disciples about love?

where did Jesus speak to disciples about suffering?

- where did God ask people questions?

I don't want to be too negative, understanding and appreciating an early peek into this alpha feature. But so far it has failed with 8 out of 10 queries I fed it.

I hope some day this feature will be developed to a point that no one needs to remember the cryptic search syntax in Logos (just like very few people need to learn and use AND OR NOT operators or wildcard characters that were a staple of the early Internet search engines).

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 82
J David Shuttleworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 13 2017 8:23 AM

Good Morning,

Is it still possible to join the Faithlife Assitant Group?

Page 1 of 3 (51 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.