Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 21 2018 12:57 PM

On this thread...https://community.logos.com/forums/t/156685.aspx  it seems as if Logos Now is going to stop being offered? 

If it is true...what does this mean for people who are already subscribed? What about those who bought multiple years at a discounted price? What happens to the people who were going to rent features instead of buying them since they had a significant library size or would rather just pay for books? 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 3005
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 1:01 PM

I'd also be curious if it is cancelled, why we weren't told ahead of time.  This seems the most strange to me.

I hope this isn't like the Exalting Jesus thing... too many complaints so cancel it

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 1:03 PM

Keith, thanks for the questions. We have an exciting announcement coming very soon—we're still getting a few things finalized. Stay tuned for details and we'll answer your questions. We'll be sending emails to customers soon and posting in the forums.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 1:05 PM

Chris duMond:

Keith, thanks for the questions. We have an exciting announcement coming very soon—we're still getting a few things finalized. Stay tuned for details and we'll answer your questions. We'll be sending emails to customers soon and posting in the forums.

Thanks for the response Chris

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 1:06 PM

Keith Pang:
Thanks for the response Chris

You bet!

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 1:09 PM

I was reading the FaithlifeConnect info 20 minutes ago, but when I went back 5 minutes ago, it was gone.

I had gone to Now at the bottom of a page to find the above by being redirected.

Posts 128
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 1:15 PM

The exciting announcement is that it will cost twice as much 

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 1:36 PM

Mattillo:
I'd also be curious if it is cancelled, why we weren't told ahead of time.

I'm sure that legally they cannot cancel existing contracts although they may not renew them. We'll have to see what the announcement actually is.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 1:42 PM

MJ. Smith:

I'm sure that legally they cannot cancel existing contracts although they may not renew them. We'll have to see what the announcement actually is.

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense

Posts 108
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 2:11 PM

I wonder if Faithlife Connect is something to do with it? https://connect.faithlife.com/

Posts 14
Josh Jacobs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 2:12 PM

If you read the forums, there are a lot of complaints... many of them unfounded. This subscription is one of the best financial decisions I've ever made.

So if it is because of complaints, everyone who has complained is at fault. 

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 2:17 PM

josh jacobs:
This subscription is one of the best financial decisions I've ever made.

Now, U will have 3 levels to choose from in the bumpf I saw before it was removed.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 2:17 PM

josh jacobs:

If you read the forums, there are a lot of complaints... many of them unfounded. This subscription is one of the best financial decisions I've ever made.

So if it is because of complaints, everyone who has complained is at fault. 

I am not sure if that could be it, but maybe you are right. Or maybe not enough revenue was coming in? It is all speculation at this point.

Posts 3033
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 3:06 PM

Andrew116:

The sticker shock... $240/yr to rent the full feature set (which presently costs $499). After a year, it would be cheaper to have bought and owned it, rather than continuing to rent it.

People have been asking whether a $99 subscription was worth it! How can a $240 subscription be justified in most of our minds?

FL will say that we get lots of other things bundled in that $240, but I don't want to also pay for book, course, and TV rentals. I would feel ripped off being charged for things I don't want.

At this point, I'm going to let my LN lapse, rather than paying $20/month (annually). I'll lose a few online-only features such as lemma in passage, but they're not worth the cost.

I'll wait for the official announcement, but don't see how this is anything more than an attempt to generate more revenue for LN which used to be fairly priced at $99, but has been losing its value over time.

Posts 3033
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 3:09 PM

scooter:

[Now, U will have 3 levels to choose from in the bumpf I saw before it was removed.

There were a lot more than 3. The page had arrows where you could scroll left/right to see cheaper/more expensive pricing options.

It appears to be a rebranded Logos Cloud, where you rent books, features, TV, courses, and more on a monthly or annual basis.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 3:29 PM

PetahChristian:

Andrew116:

The sticker shock... $240/yr to rent the full feature set (which presently costs $499). After a year, it would be cheaper to have bought and owned it, rather than continuing to rent it.

People have been asking whether a $99 subscription was worth it! How can a $240 subscription be justified in most of our minds?

FL will say that we get lots of other things bundled in that $240, but I don't want to also pay for book, course, and TV rentals. I would feel ripped off being charged for things I don't want.

At this point, I'm going to let my LN lapse, rather than paying $20/month (annually). I'll lose a few online-only features such as lemma in passage, but they're not worth the cost.

I'll wait for the official announcement, but don't see how this is anything more than an attempt to generate more revenue for LN which used to be fairly priced at $99, but has been losing its value over time.

Yeah $240 is way too much. Features are cheaper to buy at this point it seems.

Posts 197
Jeffrey S. Robison | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 8:35 PM

I guess I am still in shock to learn that, unless I read it wrong, what I currently have will begin costing twice as much. Or it could be that a large lighting fixture fell from my kitchen ceiling hit me in the head and I am hallucinating. I sure hope the Logos 8 announcement is coming soon so I can decide which will be cheaper for feature set. Sure looks like a price doubling for the same thing. I imagine that FL has something up their sleeve on this one... I am waiting on the WOW! But, with no "WOW," it may be time for reconsideration.

Posts 442
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 8:43 PM

Here's the thrilling notice I got from Logos (or Faithlife). 

"Faithlife Connect Starter includes access to many Logos features whereas Logos Now included access to all Logos features. If you’d like to maintain all Logos features, you can upgrade to Faithlife Connect Essentials ($199.99/yr) on or before Nov 12, 2018 or your renewal date, whichever is later" (End quote)

So I'm shocked but again, I'm not. Why did I figure there was going to be a slick way for these guys to up the price? 

Now we're being told for a whopping 10.00 savings (89.00 per year) we now get the so called "many Logos features" and for an increase from 127.00 Canadian, all we have to pay now is 254.00 Canadian (and that's at today's dollar value). Can this seriously be happening?  :-D 

I've just bought into Logos Now for the second time around. One does wonder if one happened to buy Logos 8, how much will that one be paying for that? Will one have to take out a mortgage on one's house (or someone else's house). 

For 250.00 plus, that represents to much MacDonald's coffee for me. I'll barrel out of this so fast, they'll probably not even be aware I was in. I've got to say, this is disgusting!!! 

And let's face it, they'll put the price up so far on this upcoming Logos 8 or charge us a horrendous fee to catch up from Logos 6 to Logs 8, it will probably be the cut off point period.Unbelievable!!! 

Tell me I've made a serious error in understanding what is actually too obvious! Jeff, maybe that lightbulb that cracked you on the head also hit me & it's lights out for the both of us.  :-) 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 7
Pastor Roger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 8:52 PM

Whenever Faithlife/Logos or whoever announces a big change, it creates a frenzy of criticism.  In the past, I have taken the side of capitalism and gone along with the change.  Yet, this one has a different feel.  In order to get what I now have (and some other stuff thrown in that I don't care about..), it would cost me $199 per year. To soften the blow, they dropped the price for Faithlife Starter by $10, down to $89, until after November.  Then my cost doubles for what I have now, et al.

I decided to simply cancel it all and use what I have in my Logos package without all the bells and whistles.  I am really tired of buying stuff and then having to pay more and more.  It is capitalism and I don't begrudge them for trying to stay profitable, I just don't think I'll be a part of it this time.  

By the way.  I changed my email address and my post count reset to "1".  Nice.

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS