Announcement: Logos Now to continue at same price (with new name)

Page 10 of 13 (251 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last »
This post has 250 Replies | 24 Followers

Posts 912
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 4:59 PM

Ian Shepard:
That said, regarding the free courses, since I never took part in them before, is there only a set of courses that we can choose from or does it include all of them?  

It's any of them with the exception of bundles. I went for a course on First Corinthians which normally retails for over 400 dollars

Posts 3165
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 5:06 PM

Ian Shepard:

I'm not certain that the Connect pricing chart will be updated with this content because it's not available to non-Logos Now subscribers and it would be confusing to them.  I would like a "Connect pricing chart"-like page which defines what our benefits are and how to engage with them. 

Actually the new No Library tier will be available to anyone, but at a higher $14.95 price than what LN members are paying.

You can claim your benefits by visiting http://connect.faithlife.com/get-started and scrolling down to Claim benefits.

Ian Shepard:
That said, regarding the free courses, since I never took part in them before, is there only a set of courses that we can choose from or does it include all of them?  

Any individual course (e.g., not part of a course bundle).  There are about 180 courses to choose from.

Posts 26
Ian Shepard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 5:16 PM

PetahChristian:

You can claim your benefits by visiting http://connect.faithlife.com/get-started and scrolling down to Claim benefits.

Please forgive my ignorance here, but when I click that link and go to the page, I don't see the package listed for us.  What should I choose?

What I can see
Just the regular "Essentials", or "Starter"?  I assume "Essentials".

Posts 3165
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 5:23 PM

Choose Essentials. We get the same benefits as that tier.

Posts 26
Ian Shepard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 5:43 PM

PetahChristian:

Choose Essentials. We get the same benefits as that tier.

Cool - that's what I thought.  Thanks!

Posts 1
Dale Viljoen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 9:24 PM

I am still very, very confused. I am a long-time Logos member with a HUGE amount of money paid out for books and commentaries and it looks like these books will basically disappear with my "new" automatically rolled over subscription! Is this correct? 

I don't need any online streaming content. I just want access to my books. Nor do I want to pay about $100/year to access books I have already bought. How can I do this?

I am a missionary to Japan for 40 years and so it is not easy to "call you". Can we talk via email?

Posts 255
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 9:28 PM

Dale Viljoen:

I am still very, very confused. I am a long-time Logos member with a HUGE amount of money paid out for books and commentaries and it looks like these books will basically disappear with my "new" automatically rolled over subscription! Is this correct? 

I don't need any online streaming content. I just want access to my books. Nor do I want to pay about $100/year to access books I have already bought. How can I do this?

I am a missionary to Japan for 40 years and so it is not easy to "call you". Can we talk via email?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, however the only books that would "disappear" are the trial books/resources that are free to access for that month. The books that you have paid for you own and will not disappear. 

The subscription is for feature sets and access to other things, such as free books each month (ones that you will own), access to different resources to try out (as mentioned above), as well as access to Mobile Ed courses, etc. You are not required to subscribe to anything. This is a mere business shift in that they are reaching out to the crowd that would rather subscribe and not necessarily own. 

Posts 241
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 9:45 PM

Dale Viljoen:

Hi Dale. I assume you have a previous package(s) you bought/upgraded to in the past you are using. Nothing changes with this. If you do nothing it will continue to work with all the books as it always has. You can upgrade the free engine when a new free version comes out and continue using Logos just like it is now at no additional cost (but no new features, either)

The question is when Logos 8 comes out, do you want to have some or all of the new features? If not, then see the paragraph above. If you do want new features, then you need to decide how you want to get them. You can either purchase a Feature Upgrade or a package (and keep using all the existing books you've purchased) or get a subscription to Logos Connect (and also continue using all the existing books you've purchased).Either way, no matter what you choose, your existing books are always accessible to you. The paid upgrades are always about obtaining new program features and potentially new books, never existing features or books.

Hope this helps

Posts 1
Ian Clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 11:46 PM

Thank you Bob,

This is very much appreciated. So just to make sure I understand, does the subscription still include all upgrades such as Logos 8? Could you clarify what is meant by "No Library"?

Warm regards

Ian Clark 

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 12:11 AM

No library means you’re not subscribing to the cloud books that are in the connect packages but you’re paying for features and membership perks

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 26
Ian Shepard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 5:39 AM

Keith Pang:

No library means you’re not subscribing to the cloud books that are in the connect packages but you’re paying for features and membership perks

Exactly.  You only have access to your own library that you've purchased, plus the core features included in what was Logos Now.

Posts 452
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 6:20 AM

I'm not right clued into this stuff so help me out again if you will. I've purchased Logos 7 Full Feature Set. If I buy Logos 8 Full Feature set, what am I gaining by staying into Faithlife Connect Essentials? If this question is to dumb to give a reply, I'll begin to catch on!  :-) 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 255
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 6:24 AM

Bootjack:

I'm not right clued into this stuff so help me out again if you will. I've purchased Logos 7 Full Feature Set. If I buy Logos 8 Full Feature set, what am I gaining by staying into Faithlife Connect Essentials? If this question is to dumb to give a reply, I'll begin to catch on!  :-) 

If you purchase the full feature set, the remaining gains would be the free books and access to the mobile ed courses. 

This is the list of things for the FLC Essentials 

Posts 452
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 8:46 AM

Thanks for the reply. Can you or someone else explain the 144 Volume Research Library? Is this simply an extra set of books in addition to what I already have (and of course you don't know what I have) but neither do & how would one know, e.g. maybe some of the books in this Research Library are ones I already have?

Also, what is the difference between the Full Bible Toolset in comparison or contrast to what one gets in the Logos 7 or Logos 8 Full Feature Set? 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 255
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 8:49 AM

Bootjack:

Thanks for the reply. Can you or someone else explain the 144 Volume Research Library? Is this simply an extra set of books in addition to what I already have (and of course you don't know what I have) but neither do & how would one know, e.g. maybe some of the books in this Research Library are ones I already have?

Also, what is the difference between the Full Bible Toolset in comparison or contrast to what one gets in the Logos 7 or Logos 8 Full Feature Set? 

For the toolset, I believe that's the feature set. 

For the books, go to this link https://logoscloud.com/products/138568/logos-cloud-essentials

Posts 452
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 8:52 AM

Ok, based on what I'm understanding, I don't really gain as to the Feature Set in FLC. As to the Books, that gives me a link to what is found in the cloud. Am I getting close or am I totally off the rails?

Posts 255
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 8:55 AM

Bootjack:

Ok, based on what I'm understanding, I don't really gain as to the Feature Set in FLC. As to the Books, that gives me a link to what is found in the cloud. Am I getting close or am I totally off the rails?

If you subscribe to FaithLife Connect Essentials, you'll get the licenses to those books and they are yours to use as long as you are a subscriber. But, it's temporary. Once you stop the subscription, you lose those books that are a part of your subscription. Any books you bought and paid for you keep. 

Posts 452
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 8:57 AM

And do I really gain as to the Feature Set since I already have that in Logos 7 Full Feature Set AND in Logos 8 should I buy that when it comes out later this week. 

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 9:03 AM

Bootjack:

Please remember that if you are a Logos Now subscriber who has been grandfathered into Faithlife Connect Essentials, you do not get the 144 temporary resources, which is why the plan for current Logos Now subscribers is called Faithlife Connect Essentials (No Library).

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 9:06 AM

Bootjack:

And do I really gain as to the Feature Set since I already have that in Logos 7 Full Feature Set AND in Logos 8 should I buy that when it comes out later this week. 

Since you now have the full feature set, what you would gain is access to any new features/tools that are developed between now and when Logos 8 is released (not later this week, I hope Stick out tongue), provided you are still subscribed at the time they are released.

Page 10 of 13 (251 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS