Suggestions: Traditional (1962) Lectionary daily readings

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Bradford | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 1 2018 5:56 PM

I saw one other post about this but it was two years old. Any chance of getting the old rite, aka Extraordinary Form, 1962 missal added as a lectionary? Not only for those of us who attend, but also as a great means of studying the Tradition, especially with all the propers.

Posts 1011
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 10:08 AM

Bradford Fellmeth:

Any chance of getting the old rite, aka Extraordinary Form, 1962 missal added as a lectionary?

I'm not sure if this set has what you are looking for.  It contains Missale Romanum (Latin, 1962) and says it includes the 1962 lectionary.

https://www.logos.com/product/20189/missals-of-the-roman-catholic-church

Posts 4
Bradford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 11:30 AM

I mean having the daily readings according to the '62 calendar. I have the '62 Missale Romanum, but that's only as a book, not as a daily readings option.

Posts 1011
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 1:48 PM

I'm sure I'm missing the gist of your request.  Is it something your looking for in the Liturgical Layout?

Posts 33484
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 3:00 PM

I agree and am pushing for more historical lectionaries as well. In the meantime, we can build them as personal books.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5585
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 7:56 PM

MJ. Smith:

I agree and am pushing for more historical lectionaries as well. In the meantime, we can build them as personal books.

Yes

Posts 21
Tom Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 9 2018 7:15 AM

Yes I agree!

Posts 4
Bradford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 20 2021 10:30 AM

Bump.

Would really like to study the Tradition in the context of the Traditional calendar. Thanks!

Posts 329
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2021 1:35 PM

Bradford:

I saw one other post about this but it was two years old. Any chance of getting the old rite, aka Extraordinary Form, 1962 missal added as a lectionary? Not only for those of us who attend, but also as a great means of studying the Tradition, especially with all the propers.

Adding an English-language lectionary for the Extraordinary Form is one of our goals.

Posts 329
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2021 2:08 PM

Here's last Sunday in the 1962 lectionary (in Latin): https://app.verbum.com/books/LLS%3AMISSROMANUM/offsets/1038417

In the Missale Romanum resource you can find the lectionary in the PROPRIUM DE TEMPORE section.

Posts 5585
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2021 9:30 AM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):
In the Missale Romanum resource you can find the lectionary in the PROPRIUM DE TEMPORE section.

For most Sundays, yes. Though it's worth noting that the Proprium de tempore is divided into two sections, between which is found the Ordo Missae. (The first part concludes with the Easter Vigil.)

For many weekdays, you need the Proprium Sanctorum, e.g., today: https://app.verbum.com/books/LLS%3AMISSROMANUM/references/dayofyear.8.25.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS