How have the forums helped you?

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1812
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 13 2019 7:23 PM

An outside group is considering writing a story about the Logos forums and the recent 1 million post milestone. They'd like to include a couple of customer testimonials about how the forums have helped you, not just by providing you with help on how to use Logos or input on a challenging text or issue, but also (and especially) by providing with you spiritual encouragement and care in a time of need.

If you have a testimony you'd like to share (with a focus on the latter), you can either post it in a reply to this post or email it to me at phil@faithlife.com. There may be a thank you gift of Logos credit if you use your testimonial.

Thanks!

Posts 203
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 13 2019 9:00 PM

The forums have been an instrumental part of my Faithlife experience and more so Logos Bible Software. It is the first place I check for issues with the software. It's also a place I can report issues I have. It's also the place to ask questions about how to do something with the software. It also the place where users help users and again it's instrumental to my Faithlife experience.

Posts 26303
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2019 2:09 AM

What I have found as the most supportive community in an unexpected way is a three-some -- Super Tramp, Denise, and myself -- who were raised in the same Stone-Campbell movement, and left it moving in different directions. We all retained respect for the movement we left behind ... it is so common for people to bad mouth what they left, that it is encouraging to see civilized conversions that open the door for further conversations. Furthermore, our common background permitted us to discuss differences in current beliefs with much greater understanding than is usual across denominational divisions. I thank both Super Tramp and Denise for sharing many resource suggestions and pointing out perspectives to consider that I would have otherwise missed.

Yes, I have learned from many others based on common interests but those have been standard keyboard interactions - not surprising.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2237
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2019 9:25 AM

I came here way back with Logos 4 and me converting over to Logos from other software and a large print library. I have found not only support for my use of Logos, but making better decisions as to resources including my computer infrastructure. 

I'm very grateful to have fellowship with other Logos users as we support each other. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2394
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2019 10:15 AM

MJ. Smith:

I thank both Super Tramp and Denise for sharing many resource suggestions 

There were others in that group sharing recommendations.  We added a lot of resources that we knew nothing about except through the efforts of those 'recommenders' and others that have followed in their footsteps.

Posts 777
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2019 10:58 AM

MJ. Smith:

...raised in the same Stone-Campbell movement, and left it moving in different directions. We all retained respect for the movement we left behind ... it is so common for people to bad mouth what they left, that it is encouraging to see civilized conversions that open the door for further conversations.

I am still at home within the Stone-Campbell movement, and have particularly appreciated the gentleness with which other forum members have guided me toward a better understanding of scripture, without sectarian disagreeableness. I appreciate MJ's patient explanations, and always read her posts first.

Posts 600
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2019 11:54 AM

The forums serve this long-time, now octogenarian customer as a virtual coffee shop where participants daily broaden my theological horizons by comments from situations quite unlike my own, by suggesting resources I would otherwise overlook, and by showing me how to get more mileage from the software.

Posts 17909
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2019 8:20 PM

Thankful for many friendly forum discussions: have learned a lot plus have a lot to learn. Forum interaction has tremendously helped me use Logos Bible Software with the number of people helping exceeding my fingers and toes (tried to start counting helpful people over 9.5 years and stopped after 20 to Thank, including a number who are not posted for awhile: two have Gold memorial stars under their avatars). Praising God since really have no idea of help that has flowed in & out of the Logos Bible Software forums. Help example: many people have followed Faithlife group https://faithlife.com/logos-visual-filters/activity that enables free duplication of visual filter documents with shout out of Thanks to Faithlife for enabling document sharing between users Big Smile My favorite Logos Wiki link is => Examples of visual filters Thankful for Faithlife invitation to become a MVP (Many Volunteer Posts) so have a star Star under my avatar, which includes rainbow Smile in the clouds.

My customer testimonial about care in a difficult time is sharing more about my friend in forum thread => Bequeathing a Logos library and God's care. After my wife for nearly 36 years transitioned from her human tent to Heaven, Thankful for communication with Faithlife about her passing away. Unknown to me, Faithlife ordered a sympathy floral arrangement. The order was all white flowers; but the florist included a dozen yellow roses, just like our wedding flowers! (Thankful for delivery discussion with florist about God's gentle guidance)

(Photo shows dried yellow roses from wedding, alongside fresh ones ~36 years later.)

An overseas missionary couple contacted me before ordering a flower arrangement; so requested their money be used to help one of their local church plants. Thankful for purchase of a lectern for proclamation of God's Word. Also asked missionary if they knew someone who would use my wife's Logos library, which provided reason to Thank Faithlife in forum thread Bequeathing a Logos library Big Smile

Thankful for the Lord's peaceful vision to a close cousin of my wife on the morning after her human tent departure: she was Joyfully walking away on a green grassy knoll with beautiful blue sky while Smiling ear to ear Big Smile

Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted" has been really special for over a year due to daily awareness of Holy Spirit presence Big Smile Thankful for God's wonderful Love Star that provides many reasons to Keep Smiling 4 Jesus Smile

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10126
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2019 5:58 AM

I appreciate MJ's comments. I'd add George, whose single quote, one argumentative morning, has become my 'system theology' over the subsequent years.

Steve's comment about the coffeeshop is so appropo. And the stack of MJ's 'Tips' sheets next to the entry. Dave's motorcycle parked outside at the curb. The doctor is in.

Posts 1401
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2019 9:56 AM

I often find useful information when the discussion gets sidetracked.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 56
David Achorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2019 12:14 PM

I have been a Faithlife customer and Logos user for many years.  This forum has been a consistent and reliable source of news, software tips and solutions for every version of Logos I have owned.  The collective knowledge of an active user base has been invaluable.  People are simply willing (and eager) to share their knowledge, to which I am eternally grateful.  I come here daily and am never disappointed.  

Posts 2394
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2019 5:39 PM

Jack Hairston:

MJ. Smith:

...raised in the same Stone-Campbell movement, and left it moving in different directions. We all retained respect for the movement we left behind ... it is so common for people to bad mouth what they left, that it is encouraging to see civilized conversions that open the door for further conversations.

I am still at home within the Stone-Campbell movement, and have particularly appreciated the gentleness with which other forum members have guided me toward a better understanding of scripture, without sectarian disagreeableness. I appreciate MJ's patient explanations, and always read her posts first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restoration_Movement  

Comments, such as yours, have often sent me to google - Thanks.

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2019 5:43 PM
  1. I doubt I would have been as much of a customer of Faithlife had it not been for the recommendations of fellow Forum members, which I've found to be quite helpful (and sometimes expensive!), especially in areas outside by background and experience.
  2. My theological outlook has not changed, but it has been broadened quite a bit by interacting and reading the posts of people from other denominations and backgrounds here on the Forum.
  3. I have learned a lot about Logos Bible Software from others in the Forum. I am quite convinced I would never have learned many of these things on my own, but as others have shared, or even as I've tried to answer other people's questions in the Forum, I've better learned how to use this software.
  4. I have made some friends here, people who love to study, teach, and proclaim God's Word and help others to do the same, and appreciate the great tool that Logos is for Bible study. 
  5. I have been allowed through the Forums to participate in direct discussions with Faithlife employees and the CEO himself over issues of concern, impending changes, and suggestions. This helps Faithlife seem less of a corporation and more of a family of people committed to similar aims. I have always been treated respectfully, even when the folks at Faithlife and I have occasionally disagreed. 
  6. I feel I am a better educated leader and better informed and effective servant as a result of the interactions I've been privileged to be a part of here on the Forums.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2019 7:54 PM

The Logos forums have become much more than a source of information about products and software. I've deeply appreciated the community that has been formed over the years and I have learned and continue to learn much. Hardly a day goes by when I don't check in even if I don't leave a post. Thanks everyone!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 777
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 16 2019 5:28 AM

David Ames:

Comments, such as yours, have often sent me to google - Thanks.

I learn a lot by praying to St. Google. Big Smile

Posts 260
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 16 2019 6:32 AM

As someone who has limited access to internet capable of streaming videos, I heavily rely on the forums for figuring out different aspects of Logos Bible Software. Most of my questions I am able to search and find answers to, or answers that lead me in the right direction. And those answers that I cannot find are answered very quickly in the forums. The people are great and incredible knowledgeable. 

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 16 2019 1:26 PM

I joined the forums around the time L4 was released. I had been a Libronix user for several years at that point. My main reason for coming to the user forums was to gain a better understanding of the New L4 UI and features.

I quickly found myself tapping into the knowledge of users who understood some of the more advanced tools and features like syntax searching, morph searching, etc. A number of users were eager to help me. Several spent a significant amount of time providing examples that explained the answers I was in search of.

I believe the forums have helped me to not only become a more proficient user, but in some ways have helped me study the bible better, and make me a more effective preacher and teacher.

I also appreciate the presence of many Faithlife employees and executives in the forums. Through this medium, we have the ability to communicate directly with developers, project managers, and others. Very often we have been asked to provide input on development decisions for future tools, features, and releases.

I believe the forums are an invaluable, mutually beneficial resource for users and Faithlife.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS