Black Friday!

Page 4 of 6 (118 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 117 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 750
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 12 2019 11:26 AM

Armin:

DIsciple II:

Week 2 is underwhelming is the nicest way I can put it. Week 4 focus is supposed to be Logos 4 Gold so will be another non event. Hopefully the Lexham Press sale can offer something. 

I looked at the Lexham Press resources and I have already most of what I am interested in. And if Week 4 is about Logos 8 Gold, then it also won't help me.

I find that many of the FL deals benefit mainly those with smaller libraries. 

since I already have Platinum for Verbum and Gold for Orthodox, it won’t really help me either... unl the higher tiers are also reduced.

i suspect that’s just wishful thinking though. Maybe Ordinariate Gold will be decent priced

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM

Ultimate: Verbum | Diamond: Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite, Ordinariate, Anglican | Silver: Baptist, Lutheran, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 116
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 9:14 AM

Another weak week imo

Posts 3798
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 9:14 AM

Verbum Black Friday sales have now begun alongside the launch of a new line of Verbum Eastern Rite packages.

Posts 4018
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 9:32 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Not sure on favorites but those are good!  I grabbed the other one on 1-3 John as well.  The author has written for Masters Seminary Journal which sounds like a plus to me!  What also caught my eye was the expanded Geographic Commentaries.  I didn't buy them though as I'm not going to prepay for something.  I'll wait until they hit prepub

Posts 1264
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 9:50 AM

ANYTHING by Walter Kaiser will be good, for sure! Brilliant and godly man!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 1264
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 9:50 AM

Tanner Thetford:

Another weak week imo

Sadly, I must concur!

Myke Harbuck

Posts 905
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 9:52 AM

Myke Harbuck:

Tanner Thetford:

Another weak week imo

Sadly, I must concur!

Same for me. Nothing of interest that I don't yet have.

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 10:00 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Already owned all three of those 'deep discount' resources but a good offer for those that don't have them. The rest of the sale is pretty ordinary, particulary when they are offering only 20% off on a lot of them.  The monthly 25% of Lexham coupon for Connect members is a better deal so if you are a connect member and want to purchase one of these don't bother with it in the Black Friday sale, use your monthly coupon instead.

Then there is the issue of false economy... cue Denise.  I love ddynamic pricing but the way the discount shown for dynamically price items is shown by faithlife is misleading. When something says 88% off it is not really 88% at all.  You have to do a manual calculation of what you will pay in the sale against what those resources would cost if you purchased them individually when they are not on sale.

Last week's sale was 0 out of 10, I'd give this 2/10 because it at least does offer some deep discounts.

Posts 750
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 10:56 AM

Here’s hoping that the rumors of the 4th week involving Gold are true.

Ultimate: Verbum | Diamond: Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite, Ordinariate, Anglican | Silver: Baptist, Lutheran, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 1264
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 12:01 PM

DIsciple II:

I love ddynamic pricing but the way the discount shown for dynamically price items is shown by faithlife is misleading. When something says 88% off it is not really 88% at all.  You have to do a manual calculation of what you will pay in the sale against what those resources would cost if you purchased them individually when they are not on sale.

I was actually coming here to express concerns over this very issue, then read your post. I completely agree. I am surprised that this isn't a bigger issue with a large number of people. It bothers me because it is misleading and completely devoid of reality. It's quite frustrating to have to calculate the true discount manually. Why would anyone at Faithlife ever think that a customer's previous purchase, with his or her won money, is a savings when calculating discounts. I just don't get it.

Case in point: This deal looks like it is 77% off. Pretty good deal, huh?

But, in reality, it's only a 26% savings to me.

Base package is $134.99.

I already own, and have paid for, $93.75 in resources (granted, I saved when I purchased those, but that savings was realized in another transaction).

So the dynamic price for the package is $41.24.

Today I can purchase the package for $30.55, a savings of $10.69 (25.92%), not $104.44 (77%).

I wish Faithlife would change this practice. I think it would be a more ethical marketing approach to give the true discount of each current transaction.

Myke Harbuck

Posts 3798
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 12:11 PM

Myke Harbuck:
I think it would be a more ethical marketing approach to give the true discount of each current transaction.

As the pop-up in your post indicates, FL does.

Posts 10741
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 12:46 PM

Paul Caneparo:

Since I already own both—and the rest of the sale is so lame—I can save money for another week.

Posts 1264
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 12:48 PM

SineNomine:

Myke Harbuck:
I think it would be a more ethical marketing approach to give the true discount of each current transaction.

As the first screen shot in my post indicates, Faithlife does not. Even in the second, it still shows the erroneous discount and saving percentage at the bottom.

Myke Harbuck

Posts 750
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 1:01 PM

Myke Harbuck:

SineNomine:

Myke Harbuck:

As the first screen shot in my post indicates, Faithlife does not. Even in the second, it still shows the erroneous discount and saving percentage at the bottom.

i think it’s “dynamic discount + sale = % discounted off of list price if you didn’t have any resources”

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 1:49 PM

David Wanat:

Myke Harbuck:

SineNomine:

Myke Harbuck:

i think it’s “dynamic discount + sale = % discounted off of list price if you didn’t have any resources”

In the country I live FL would be taken to the cleaners for this sort of marketing. What is being advertised is not the true saving.

Posts 3798
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 6:51 PM

DIsciple II:

David Wanat:

Myke Harbuck:

SineNomine:

Myke Harbuck:

In the country I live FL would be taken to the cleaners for this sort of marketing. What is being advertised is not the true saving.

I can only imagine the unending onslaught of confused forum posts by people seeing $1k bundles on sale for 20% off and priced at $15.

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 11:48 PM

You seen to rate the intelligence of FL’s customers as being fairly lo. To me the issue lies with the desire of FL to clearly and accurately communicate the true discount a customer is receiving. 

The bundle in your example is not worth $1,000 to the customer if they have already purchased previously books that equate to $650 of the bundles price. You are using a false economy to paint FL’s customers as lacking the ability to understand basic maths when the issue is with how you have presented the information.

SineNomine:

DIsciple II:

David Wanat:

Myke Harbuck:

SineNomine:

Myke Harbuck:

I can only imagine the unending onslaught of confused forum posts by people seeing $1k bundles on sale for 20% off and priced at $15.

Posts 1264
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2019 5:31 AM

DIsciple II:

You seen to rate the intelligence of FL’s customers as being fairly lo. To me the issue lies with the desire of FL to clearly and accurately communicate the true discount a customer is receiving. 

The bundle in your example is not worth $1,000 to the customer if they have already purchased previously books that equate to $650 of the bundles price. You are using a false economy to paint FL’s customers as lacking the ability to understand basic maths when the issue is with how you have presented the information.

Precisely! The best solution is to advertise the real savings percentage on the promo page (Black Friday sale page in this case) to begin with, so that customers can decide, based on the actual size of the savings, if they want to investigate further by clicking on the resource link to look at product and pricing details. If I navigate to a product page, it should be because I was led there by true  savings offered, not a misleading saving.

Myke Harbuck

Posts 750
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2019 8:10 AM

Myke Harbuck:

DIsciple II:

Precisely! The best solution is to advertise the real savings percentage on the promo page (Black Friday sale page in this case) to begin with, so that customers can decide, based on the actual size of the savings, if they want to investigate further by clicking on the resource link to look at product and pricing details. If I navigate to a product page, it should be because I was led there by true  savings offered, not a misleading saving.

perhaps it might be good add another line.

first: % Saving off of list price

second: % savings off of what you have left to buy.

Personally, it hasn’t bothered me so far. But someday it might.

Page 4 of 6 (118 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS